Star Wars: The Force Awakens : Why after Poe is first captured...

Why after Poe is first captured...

do we see him battered and beaten in the shackle chair where Kylo Ren says "I'm impressed, no one has been able to get out of you what you did with the map"? As important as the map is, and as bad as Kylo Ren wants the information, why would ANYONE ELSE besides him try and gain the information from Poe? I would expect Kylo Ren to be in there with him the minute they get back to the ship to extract that info, or better yet why take Poe from Jakku at all? Why not just use your mind bending powers to get that info while still on the planet? The map itself could easily be hidden somewhere nearby, taking him onto the transporter and back to one of their massive cruisers makes no sense...

That being said, I still loved the movie and give it a solid 8.5 rating personally, but that just throws me for a loop every time I watch it.

"Well, isn't this place a geographical oddity! Two weeks from everywhere!"

Re: Why after Poe is first captured...

Because like many events in the story of TFA, it's contrived to accomplish certain things they want out of the characters. It doesn't matter whether it makes sense or not. They needed both Poe and Finn to get back to the Star Destroyer so that they could team up, escape away from the presence of Kylo, and ultimately look for BB8.

It would've made more sense for (like you said), Kylo to mind probe Poe right there on the spot because:

1. Like you said, suppose the map piece was hidden nearby on Jakku or in the village.
2. He had just questioned Poe and saw it got him nothing but sarcasm from Poe. Why not just take it to the next level right there?
3. He had no problem Force freezing Rey and mind probing her on Takadona. Why wouldn't he try to do it to Poe on Jakku?

Then you consider the fact that Kylo probably should've killed Finn when he sensed Finn's "cowardice" and consciencious objection. But of course, that means 2 of your characters are now dead. It just wasn't a well written story. They're counting on the viewer to ignore the contrivances, miss them or excuse them because you want to see the characters reach certain accomplishments in the story. No matter how ridiculous it looks upon certain characters or how little sense makes.

There's at least a dozen forced storylines like this, probably many more.

"Silly TFA apologists!" = 🙉🙈🙊

@waxernboil-77893 3. He had no problem Force freezing Rey and mind probing her on Takadona.
Kylo knew that Rey saw the map, but for him to see the map, she had to be put in the chair. Maybe they need to be restrained for him to get the info.

@epackage Why not just use your mind bending powers to get that info while still on the planet?
Note that Kylo could tell that Rey had seen the map, but for him to see the map he had to have Rey put in the chair.

Maybe they need to be restrained for him to get specific information, like cops putting someone in an interrogation room.

I'm not talking about him trying to get the info from Rey, just Poe, and even in that case why is anyone else trying to get that info before Kylo Ren?

@epackage My point is that Kylo doesn't seem to be able to get specific info from someone unless they're in the restraining chair. That's why both Poe and Rey were put in that room before Kylo got into their heads.

I see what you're saying and that may be the case, but I'm still questioning why anyone else would be trying to get the info from them before Kylo Ren does his thing. Unless it's for *beep* and giggles...

@epackage ...but I'm still questioning why anyone else would be trying to get the info from them before Kylo Ren does his thing.
No answer for you on that one. You'd think that Kylo would want to interrogate Poe personally, especially when Poe was being a smartass to him earlier.

Notice that when Kylo took Rey, she wakes up in the chair and nobody interrogated her before Kylo did, so it is inconsistent. Oh well.

Don't think too much about story/plot etc. in this movie. A MLP movie has more depth. Just move on to Rogue One, a clearly better movie which should have been VII instead of this rehash. How? Introduce time travel, anything would be better really.