Star Wars: The Force Awakens : Ironic, how a franchise's main theme is about battling your dark side..

Ironic, how a franchise's main theme is about battling your dark side..

and yet most of its fanbase consists of hate filled, bitter and angry people who insult those just wanted to make them a good movie ( regardless of whether they succeeded )
J.J Abrams probably thought " I'm gonna give the fans the movie they always wanted " only to be name-called Jar Jar Abrams, a 'hack' and guy who has no talent.

It seems like the message Return of the Jedi tried to give went completely over most people's head.

Re: Ironic, how a franchise's main theme is about battling your dark sid

I wouldn't say these folks represent anything close to a majority. They are just more vocal about their mistaken opinions. It's been that way for at least eighteen years.

I was once very much supporter of the Light Side (I adored it), until its image was hijacked by the true dark siders - liberals, left-wings, Disney, politically-motivated - to propagate their funny little views.

I shall be known from now on as the Black Vegetable

You do know the creator of Star Wars is a known liberal, right? So are all the original main Star Wars cast.

"You do know the creator of Star Wars is a known liberal, right? So are all the original main Star Wars cast."

True, they are a collection of affairs, divorces, drug abuse, and heart failures. I guess their turns to the dark side definitely had its comeuppance, no?

"The lives of the unborn are worth at least as much as those who dismiss them""

People who watch too much Fox News are the ones being drawn to the dark side...

Check out a snowflake SJW rally, a 3rd gen feminist gathering, BLM, or election rioters and you will see the real dark side.

"The lives of the unborn are worth at least as much as those who dismiss them""

Plenty of folks have been calling Abrams a hack long before he butchered Star Wars. Remember, it wasn't too long before that when he butchered Star Trek, and pulled the same shallow "See fanboys? This is what you want, right?" shít with that franchise. The problem is that he either isn't a fan of this stuff like he claims (and came out and admitted with Trek) or he's an idiot and doesn't understand these properties at all. In reality, he got his marketing degree and decided to make movies instead of just selling them.

people who insult those just wanted to make them a good movie ( regardless of whether they succeeded )

You already start with the BS position that the fanbase wouldn't be happy no matter what they got ( which of course is BS ). Abrams took the laziest route possible and injected practically nothing worthwhile into the Star Wars franchise, and you expect no one to have a problem with that? I guess if we're all blind haters who are gonna hate no matter what, then you must be a blind shill who can't even recognize when a product has faults and will go out of their way to whine and cry when people aren't satisfied with it. Sorry the world's not as black and white as you'd like it to be, snowflake.

"No I don't read books written by chickenşhìts for poopbutts" - GorchBrother

All I hear is a guy making a lot of excuses for himself. And again, a lot of anger and hostility towards me for merely pointing out bad behaviors such as yourself.
The world may not be black and white, but we as a people can choose and what parts of our personality we act on, and how we affect those who beside us.

Again, it's very easy and somewhat satisfying to act on your selfish desires, especially on a place where we don't have to suffer the consequences for it.
Which makes me wonder if any of you truly understood the meaning behind Luke throwing away his lightsaber in defiance.

Re: Ironic, how a franchise's main theme is about battling your dark side..

He IS a hack and this film wasn't the greatest like people make it out to be.

LOL.

So people who criticize the movie have...gone over to the dark side?

if you still dwell in these simplistic black and white patterns you will not get far in real life. Regardless:

From our point of view, JJ is evil: shamelesly ripping off the OT without any ideas, thereby soiling the OT and its characters. That is the light side for you..? Only if $hit is light and starts to fly.

This is a resistance isn't it. We resist! Peaple were living a lie and are now awakening one by one. It's called fighting the good fight!

🐾Dictated but not read 🐾

This is a resistance isn't it. We resist! Peaple were living a lie and are now awakening one by one. It's called fighting the good fight!

The good fight against a movie... People are awakening!

You have delusions of grandeur. No one in the real world gives a blip about Star Wars except a bunch of nerds. Being a freedom fighter in a IMDB forum is irrelevant.

The haters and apologists are not a representation of anything. It's just a bunch of people behind a keyboard. We get all hot with rage, and rightly so, as this is our domain but don't think you are remotely leaving your mark.

How ludicrous.

LOL

(i got the R1 reference i just chose to ignore it)