Star Wars: The Force Awakens : Mark Hamill's idea was better

Mark Hamill's idea was better

Mark Hamill says in an interview about his 'entrance' into the story

"I'll tell you were I thought I came in, in the Forest scene when the Sabre starts wiggling and flies off... I said "oh, what a great entrance (for Luke)

(pauses)... "Rey caught it? She hasn't even been to Dagobah for training...What's the deal?"

https://youtu.be/ghHgrjT_Hfk?t=183

How much more awesome would this scene have been?

"He's dusted, busted and disgusted, but he's ok"

Re: Mark Hamill's idea was better

But then how and why would Luke be there? Of all the times he could've shown up.

"Not all change is progress, as not all movement is forward."

It's better than R2 D2 suddenly waking up for no reason and that dumbass Rey holding the saber at the end. Rey and Finn should have been getting their asses kicked by Kylo then Luke could have shown up, saved them and the movie can end with Luke hugging Leia and Chewie.

Rey caught it? She hasn't even been to Dagobah for training...What's the deal?"

Well then Mark Hamill doesn't know Star Wars because he was catching things before ever hearing about Dagobah.

It would have been awesome fan service. But without any legitimate, integral story reason for Luke to suddenly show up there , it's like the blue fairy in Pinocchio. Gratuitous fan service and deus ex machina.

"Who can't use the Force now?! I can still use the Force!" - Yarael Poof

Mark was kidding. He then admits that he himself (or Luke) was a 'Jedi School dropout'.

Would have been a much better scene if it was Luke that caught the saber, as well as breaking the land apart with the force to save Rey.

What we got is for n00bs.

No kidding, one must be an pitiful dumbass not getting that.
de gustibus non est disputandum

"Awesome fan service. But without any legitimate, integral, story reason"

I think your thinking of the rest of the movie

That doesn't even make sense. The rest of the film IS the story. Unless you just consider making a Star Wars film is inherently nothing but fan service.

"Who can't use the Force now?! I can still use the Force!" - Yarael Poof

That would have made sense if they had continued the actual Search for Luke storyline, instead of rehashing the ANH/OT plot beats. But even without Luke, there would have been so many cool alternatives, eg:

*Chewie amok run: After Han dies give Chewie at last some spotline by having him run a rage-revenge attack after Han is stabbed, nearly killing Kylo escaping; and when Kylo later fights Rey, Chewie could interfere with the Falcon blasting Kylo away (not killing him cause he's Han son). Would have saved face for all, but no, the Sue had to overshadow all old canon characters and relations.

* Even if Rey must defeat Kylo alone because of girl power!, it could be done in a less Sue-ish way: i.e. not by closing her eyes and having a Force power up, but a la Rocky3 or T1. She is a scavenger, climber and quick, he is a wounded, bleeding idiot - let her drain and exhaust himself by evading and retreating, and then strike as soon as he shows lack of focus/strength - nasty approach, but at least believable and realistic, and less kiddy-stupid than what we got.
de gustibus non est disputandum

I'm glad I had the same idea as Mark. It would have been awesome, but probably made him the main character in the second movie and I know that that's what the creators were most afraid of. Having OLD PEOPLE as the heroes.

They don't have any problem killing them like a dog though.

That would have been awesome! But then he would have to fight Kylo and what would be the purpose of the following movies?

Why would he have to fight Kylo?

He comes to save Rey and behind Kylo is a growing darkness (perhaps Snoke?), and Luke realizes he needs to get Rey to safety.

I didnt know Kylo was the driving force of these *beep* movies, that makes them even *beep*