Star Wars: The Force Awakens : Kylo Ren: "I could be your teacher!"

Kylo Ren: "I could be your teacher!"

And then Rey throws it back in his face by permanently eliminating him as a threat factor to be taken seriously. Demonstrating she totally does not need a teacher.
And then Rey goes to Luke Skywalker....because she needs a teacher?
Which is it, movie?

"Not all change is progress, as not all movement is forward."

Re: Kylo Ren: "I could be your teacher!"

If you think Kylo is anywhere near as skilled as Luke, you might be nuts. I think we'll see Luke unleashed in VIII

Yep, it begs the question "Why does Rey need a teacher?" Maybe to resist the Darkside? But anything beyond that, what would be the point? She can already beat anybody, except maybe Snoke. If you can just think about the Force and instantly do anything Force related, why would you need teaching?

"Silly TFA apologists!" = 🙉🙈🙊

She can already beat anybody,

Pretty big assumption, since she only beat Kylo Ren.

So Rey already defeated "the greatest of the Knights of Ren"! I suppose you're going to tell me that the Stormtroopers can beat Kylo... No, wait! Captain Phasma can kick Kylo's butt, yes? Luke needs to train Rey to defeat Captain Phasma! (My assumption is starting to look alot safer).

Re: Kylo Ren: 'I could be your teacher!'

Kylo was shot with a big ass gun in the stomach. He would have destroyed Rey if he was at full health.

Re: Kylo Ren: 'I could be your teacher!'

Well, the movie facts and the filmmakers disagree with your speculation, but what do they know, right?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3748528/board/nest/264452066?d=264469121#264469121

Rey's infamous Force power up by just closing her eyes and asking "The Force?" was meant by the writers to make her invincible, regardless of wounds or not. And the wound seemed not to impair Kylo in the least anyway, quite the contrary.
de gustibus non est disputandum

Kylo Ren is not experienced enough to be anyone's teacher and Rey is not interested in going to the dark side. Luke Skywalker is the best teacher anyone could have, if not the teacher that Ben Solo wanted.

All assumptions on your part except Luke having more experience as a teacher.

Nope, just incredibly precise observations on my part.

The only assuming being done is on your part.

And yet you can't prove it...

More to the point you cannot disprove it.

Who's to say Kylo hasn't taught anyone the Darkside. How do we know whether the other Knights of Ren use it, and he hasn't taught them? One could draw the conclusion that Rey is attracted to the Darkside by her disposition after her Force power up. She certainly seemed to have an angry disposition.

So until you can prove that there is absolutely no possibility for either one of those things, you are making assumptions.

From what I've seen in the other episodes she will need a teacher to overcome the darkness inside herself or she will be consumed by it.

"But I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now"

What darkness does Rey have? It'll be a big deal in the next episode...

Not sure what's driving it, but it sure was rage that the character reached down inside and was opening up on Kylo right after he said that. Maybe directed at Kylo himself over killing Solo, maybe built up over how ever long she had struggled on Jakku to survive. Hard to tell until her background is revealed, but as the saying goes, "the bigger they are..."

Anakin's greatest obstacle was Anakin. Luke's greatest obstacle was Luke. It makes sense to me that Rey's will be Rey.

"But I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now"