Star Wars: The Force Awakens : When Han got stabbed...

When Han got stabbed...

I was totally expecting to see a smile spread on Kylo's face - in a "Ha ha, got ya, sucker" way! But it (surprisingly) never happened! It was more of a vacant expression, but definatley not a happy one.
I also liked the fact that Han touched his face, as if to say, "I still love you," and we simply don't know what's going on in Kylo's mind in that moment.

Re: When Han got stabbed...

we simply don't know what's going on in Kylo's mind in that moment.
Conflict.

He's being torn apart!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptmM-m7Cl8U

"But I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now"

"May the Force be with You, and may the Force be with New Republic of the Galaxy!"

I think that he thought that he should feel more powerful after passing this "test".

The look on his face, to me, says "Nothing's happened!" followed by deep regret.

He says "Thank you" as if he's trying to imply that Han has made him take this path and this anger with him is going to help him achieve greater power. But Han's compassion robs Kylo of the ability to defer responsibility for his choices onto his father.

The only place left for Kylo to project his anger is either inward or towards Rey and Finn. With the oscillator fatally compromised, and after receiving a grave injury, Ren should have let them go.

"Who can't use the Force now?! I can still use the Force!" - Yarael Poof

You may try. But you cannot deny the truth that is your family

"But I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now"

I hated that scene. Han Solo is still alive!

Amen to that!

That's right!

Yeah, its my least favorite thing about any movie in recent memory.

I agree.

I loved the movie but I hated that scene.

The movie was alright but honestly I don't find it to be 'Star Wars' enough for me. It's sort of like a well-written FanFiction; I think I'll be finishing out the sequel trilogy and then won't ever watch it again. It's my (admittedly unpopular) opinion that TFA doesn't belong in the franchise. I don't include it in my own personal SW canon. But hey, that's just me.

On a more positive note, 'Rogue One' was awesome! What a kick butt third act that movie had!

"We're not too old for this sh*t!" -Riggs and Murtaugh, 'Lethal Weapon 4' (1998)

I find both movies 10/10.

I'm glad to hear it. Anytime another audience member can find enjoyment in a film, whether I liked it or not, I consider it a good thing. That's cinema doing what it was meant to do.

"We're not too old for this sh*t!" -Riggs and Murtaugh, 'Lethal Weapon 4' (1998)

It depends on the movie.

There are movies were I simply can't accept people enjoying it.

Batman V Superman, Quantum of Solace and World War Z are good examples of that in my case.

World War Z was ok.

Batman vs Superman was awful. Quantum of Solace was crap.

Well, okay, of course there is some boundary to that statement... But you take my meaning.

I know my friend.

I hated that scene. Han Solo is still alive!

I didn't hate it. However, I don't particularly like the pacing of the scene. They linger just a few seconds too long on Finn and Rey's faces.

I have a simliar problem with the Qui-Gon and Darth Maul fight in Episode 1. They cut back several times to Obi-Wan watching helplessly and linger on his face too long. We only really needed one quick cut to Obi-Wan, go back to Qui-Gon get stabbed by Darth Maul's lightsaber, and then cut back to Obi-Wan one last time as he fuels himself with the Dark Side to fight Maul.

In the end though, it's a very nit-picky on my part of the movies. I still enjoy them.

Killing Han would be absolutely stupid. He needs to be alive!

Why? Why does he need to be alive? I would agree with you if Lucas and co. had continued making Star Wars movies right after Return of the Jedi finished. However, we sadly lost those 30 years of potential stories.

Now...what purpose would Han serve other than to fly around in the falcon smoking weed with Chewbacca?

Han Solo is a legendary character. He needs to be alive.

Everyone dies. Even Darth Plagueis.

Wrong. Many don't die.

Now you're just being stubborn and obnoxious. If you follow anyone's story long enough, the person will die. Everyone dies.

Wrong. You are so stubborn. Many don't die.

Han died.

Han never died.

he is louis ck neighbour lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYVnraY8ZDs

You are Rosie O'Donnell neighboor... LOL!

I don't know what that means, sorry... I'm not American, but if you could take the time to explain I would be thankful. I love American pop culture.

Don't pay him any attention. He's talking gibberish.

Droidkeka, maybe you are too slow to comprehend.

Shinnick, you are just a troll.

It is a powerful moment indeed...Despite so many saying otherwise...
Well acted and directed...

I will admit I was so caught up in the moment that I wasn´t saying to myself..."He´s going to die now!"
Which is weird because I kinda knew Han will die in this one...definitely one of the better scenes in the movie...the acting the lighting...And Ben being happy about killing his father would be out of character...I think we know what was happening in his mind...many things...

Ben didn´t want to do it but Kylo wanted it. Or he was told/needed to do it to continue his path to the Dark Side...
that´s what I like the most about TFA...Ben/Kylo...the most unique choice they made with TFA...

Finally!Someone who actually likes SOMETHING in the movie!

Amen to that.

In the real world I only know people that liked or loved the movie, some despite it's story being similar to IV, but all say it feels like star wars and it was pretty good. Definetly at least Fun!!!

Here in this world of IMDB forums all i see is hate, hate hate.

When it's the rip off, it's the freaking colors of the movie lol, or the acting or mary sue or whatever.

It dosen't change my view of the movie, but still. Thank god for the ignore feature.

I don't mind some criticism and i often agree with it, but pure hatred is the way of the dark side :)

Kylo Ren was still conflicted which is inline with what we saw earlier in the film.

If it's all the same to you, I'll have that drink now.-Loki (Marvel's Avengers)

I loved that scene, both Harrison Ford and Adam Driver did an excellent job. I think Kylo was actually shocked he was able to do it, at least after Han fell. Before he was shot by the bowcaster he looked fairly shocked.

What I got out of that scene is that Kylo/Ben is a not so nice guy trying to be an even worse guy. IDK, I just don't buy into the idea of Ben Solo being this perfect angel who is totally manipulated by Snoke while Kylo Ren is all evil. Because you can't really manipulate a person into doing anything they don't already want to do on some level and Ben Solo chose to become Kylo Ren. I think by the end of the trilogy Kylo Would go Gray moreso than Light....or he could end up being the biggest villain of the franchise.

I just don't buy into the idea of Ben Solo being this perfect angel who is totally manipulated by Snoke while Kylo Ren is all evil.

The movie did not try to give us that impression. It mentions his troubles before he became Luke's pupil. And it only tells us that there may still be good in him.

"Who can't use the Force now?! I can still use the Force!" - Yarael Poof

I'm hoping to see Kylo Ren be more conflicted in Episode 8.

Metallica are Bronies

Maybe it wasn't a happy face. I still think it's a "crossing the Rubicon" type moment in which Kylo becomes truly evil, but we shall see.

It was a fantastic scene.

Earlier in the movie, Kylo is seen talking to Vader (albeit in a spiritual sense) and says that he feels the pull to the light.

For them to even put that into the script means they'll likely play on this element throughout the trilogy.

I agree with the OP, the kill was intended to rid him of the pull to the light (or as Ben puts is.. pain) but it doesn't have the desired effect.

When Han touches Bens cheek, it's a final reminder to him that even after such a horrible act, his father still loves him.

Fantastic stuff.

I was just mad. Still am. The scene was well done. I just hate the story direction for his character.

Hey, maybe they will kill off our old heros turned losers one-by-one in each film. What fun.

All too easy

Why did Han have to get whacked in such a way by some punk?

From the novelization:

"Stunned by his own action, Kylo Ren fell to his knees. Following through on the act ought to have made him stronger, a part of him believed. Instead, he found himself weakened. He did not hear the roar of the enraged Wookiee above, but he did feel the sting of the shot from the bowcaster as it slammed into his side, knocking him back on the walkway."

He was actually supposed to smile and laugh in Han's face as he died.

But Adam Driver was born with a deformity in that his facial muscles are unable to form what most people would consider a smile. All pictures of him smiling are actually fotoshopped. I think he did pretty well considering his handicap... it's a pretty good smile for him.

--End Transmission: Code 350--