Star Wars: The Force Awakens : Your complaints about the film or the direction of Lucasfilm...

Your complaints about the film or the direction of Lucasfilm...

...are mostly the fault of Kathleen Kennedy, with Pablo Hidalgo and others on the Lucasfilm Story Group coming in a close second, many of whom were friends or colleagues with the founder, previous owner, previous chair and previous author, George Lucas. Yes, without a doubt, a lot of blame (or credit) belongs to J.J. Abrams for this specific film in the new trilogy, particularly in regards to such things as "lazy writing". (The complains about feminist "wish fulfillment" more likely had to do with interference from his earlier named female superior.)

However, Walt Disney Studios for the most part has nothing to do with it except financing, distribution and management of civil liability (and while some divisions of Lucasfilm were downsized, people being laid off, that is another story). Disney didn't do anything "to" Star Wars. The new staff of Lucasfilm did. Let's please all at least get that straight.

Re: Your complaints about the film or the direction of Lucasfilm...

While I may not agree with everything the new PTB are doing they are generally taking the Star Wars saga in a positive direction. JJ's narrow vision notwithstanding he did a pretty good job in getting the ST started. The future looks bright for Star Wars.

I'm kind of just trying to explain the chain of command, so to speak, or chain of delegation. J.J. Abrams provided (just as Rian Johnson and Colin Trevorrow are providing) a service to Lucasfilm Story Group who is in turn trying to do two or three general things: (1) make money (for selves and partners); (2) tell a story (or alternately appease fans, creating new ones along the way); (3) allow some directors' to have their egos, curiosities and creative sparks satisfied. They don't have an explicit intent to enrich the humanities or the world of technological advancement as it were, but that usually happens anyway after a while (like in the span of decades). Their motives aren't all too different from those of George Lucas who had basically hired Irvin Kershner and Richard Marquand to simply do jobs. Kathleen Kennedy is doing the same thing.

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

If they weren't conveying Disney's direction for SW, how long do you think that they would keep there jobs?
I'm basically claiming that Disney has no direction. They take an approximately laissez-faire attitude toward their unoriginal property. Even if the junior executives or rather the chiefs of subsidiary companies had to ask for permission for every project, Disney would basically just approve of whatever they want. I mean. Look how neglected ESPN is. Disney is more focused on the theme park or the subcompanies in charge of it than cinema anyway. And as we know, Disney owns Marvel Studios and Miramax, in addition to the Lucasfilm and ESPN. Mickey Mouse the musical hero has no hand in these subsidiaries. To reference South Park, for example, George Lucas, not Mickey Mouse, bent Indy over.

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

I also don't think it's a coincidence that when Kathleen Kennedy worked with George Lucas on the Clone Wars animated series that she pretended to like "the world of the prequels" and support and share Lucas' vision, and compliment him on his talent. But as soon as she got hired by Disney and had influence on TFA and all future SW, she claims not to like the prequels and criticized them. She also played up the "need" to have female leads in current and future SW.
Alright. I didn't know about that.

Those female leads also tend to be surrounded by sidekicks (or a posse) with many ineptitudes and often dependent upon her. They also tend to be fiercely loyal to her and occasionally stick their neck out for her in uncharacteristic bravery. And they also tend to be the source of comic relief. (Does any of this sound familiar to TFA?!?).
Wow.

Kathleen Kennedy is just like Palpatine, she viciously sneaked in Lucasfilm through deception, lies and seduction. It's ironic that George Lucas didn't see in her what he warned us about in the prequels. She's worse than Palpatine.

No matter how many times you spout off your BS conspiracy theories, they aren't going to suddenly become true. And you aren't going to look like anything other than a crazy person.

I guess Pablo Hidalgo and all the guys that were there before her are sell-outs, they don't want to lose their job so they play along. If you follow his twitter, you'll figure out he doesn't talk about Force Awakens or even Rogue One at all. Kathleen Kennedy takes 100% of the blame, she picked JJ Abrams although he refused at first, and she sent Spielberg to force his hand... She wanted a quick and dirty cash grab and knew JJ Abrams would do the job perfectly. That woman is a social climber, if you look at her CV, she started as a secretary, became Spielberg's, and then I let you figure out how she went from secretary to co producer.

sorry, blame for what exactly? TFA was a great success and a well made film ? im not understanding your post?

sorry, blame for what exactly?
You've seen the complaints. Even if they are chock full of sophistry, they are still complaints. Don't act like this word is foreign to you. Don't play dumb. Wait. You hate this film, right? You're the impostor of the real Furious, so you're being sarcastic, right?

TFA was a great success
I know. That's technically a fact, sarcasm or not.

a well made film
Infinitely debatable.

I'd be worried if Pablo and Dave Filoni weren't there. Pablo is the one that put a stop to the Boba Fett movie starring Michael B. Jordan , and Dave is the only creative director/producer pushing for continuity between all the different eras.

there's a lot of fiction going on and it ain't science

I'd be worried if Pablo and Dave Filoni weren't there.
That's a good point, but he probably has to walk soft.

Supposedly, or according to rumor, the only parameters the Disney sets down (for Lucasfilm, Marvel, FC, ABC, itself etc.) are that movies must not contain death by beheading, impaling or one other specific form of violent fatality. As well, there is the rumor that they require there to be at least two CGI characters in Star Wars movies. Interesting.

I truly blame George Lucas though, as had he not been bought off by the merchandising by the time Return of the Jedi rolled around, we would have had a much better picture because of it. The biggest mistake he ever made was firing Gary Kurtz.