Star Wars: The Force Awakens : It drops!

It drops!

Every week I check in, and every week it drops a little further down the IMDb top 250. This week it's down to #144.

It fell pretty fast from the top 100 and has ever-so-slowly been dropping places ever since.

Each week I still see a better film listed below it, but each week one of those classic films rises back up and reclaims its rightful place above this nostalgia trip with little substance.

See you again next week.

Re: It drops!

nostalgia to take our money

Yes this is what happens to every movie that makes the list, as well as people making constant topics about the expected slippage since they're butthurt about how others have scored the movie.

😝💨😷

Mr. Ackbar! It's great to see you again!

It's A Seaweed Wrap!

Yes this is what happens to every movie that makes the list, as well as people making constant topics about the expected slippage since they're butthurt about how others have scored the movie.

Yep. Movies also tend to start out with higher user ratings which decline over the first several weeks. But being in the top 250 is pretty damn good.

It should not be on that list at all, there is simply too much better stuff out there.

It cannot be in the same list as "BladeRunner", "Terminator", "Alien", "Raiders of the Lost Ark", you know: real movies.

Still, it's much better than the prequels: those should all be in the bottom 250. Because they are not real movies.

#145.

I loved this movie when I saw it. Then I find myself liking it less and less after each viewing

#146.

It used to only drop once a week but it seems to be speeding up.

#147. It's picking up pace!

#148.

And on the Top 250 it's listed at 8.1. Not showing on the main page yet. Still using "Disney rounding" there.

Oh happy day for you!

Not while it still ranks above The Best Years of Our Lives, Jaws, Barry Lydon, Dog Day Afternoon, Nausicaa, Groundhog Day, Stalker, Memories of Murder, No Country for Old Men and There Will Be Blood. But that day will come soon.

You need to find a new source of happiness in your life. Maybe something more meaningful than a movie's ranking on the IMDb?

149!

#150.

That's what she said!

Well, I guess everybody needs a hobby.

Hitler! C'mon, I'll buy you a glass of lemonade.

#151!

Well, I guess everybody needs a hobby.

Especially when you don't have a woman in your life, except mother.

That's a rather lame, puerile and sexist insult. I'm married with kids and still think this film was poor.

I'm also glad to see it dropping down the top 250 where it has no business residing, regularly falling below films that are FAR superior and deserving of their place. The fact it ever got so high alludes to the childish people giving it 10 as they have no idea what makes a great film.

#152!

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

#153!

#157!

Let's hope it goes to the Bottom 100 List.

Don't be silly now!

There's no way this film belongs in the bottom 100, just as there's no way it belongs in the top 250.

Wrong.

Post deleted

Post deleted

why ?

Fly

Guy

Try

OK.

Please stop.

This happens with every new film in the top 250. Capisce?

Nothing new, buddy.

"It's better to burn out, than to fade awaaay!"

#158!

Nothing new, buddy.

(A New Hope doesn't seem to be dropping quite as quickly.)

How much longer till it's out of the top 250?

#159!

This is really all you have in life, isn't it? Coming back every so often solely to check if TFA has fallen a bit on IMDB's Top 250 and then posting about it? How pathetic can you get.

Why do you put any stock in the Top 250 anyways?

#161!

Officially less popular than Finding Nemo!

#162!

Still better than Jaws apparently.

This turd being rated above a 6 and in the top 250 only proves the power of the Disney hype machine and the gullibility of the brain dead masses.

#163! The public are starting to agree.

Says someone who gives 'They Live' and 'Lair of the White Worm' a perfect 10, yet rates 'Interstellar' a 1!

You're obviously not talking to me.

#167!

Post deleted