Lists and Recommendations : Pls recommend something like Blade runner…

Pls recommend something like Blade runner…

…5th element, Spirited away, Futurama.

Ok, these movies and cartoons are very different from each other, but what unites them, at least for me, is that they all create some kind of a unique rich world within them with unusual characters and beautiful visuals. Personally I contrast with something like Harry Potter, which I love, but which is more familiar, as it draws on Western European mythology (btw, I don't know much about either sci-fi nor fantasy, my impressions could very probably be wrong). I also included Futurama, because again that "universe" for me is unusual - future Earth, where humans live together with robots and aliens. I love watching all the contraptions and tech they invented, and attention to detail in general.

I'm not sure if I'm explaining myself well but hopefully someone will be able to understand me and recommend something!

Re: Pls recommend something like Blade runner…

You may want to check out:

- Total Recall (1990) and also the 2012 remake
- Minority Report
- Cloud Atlas
- AEon Flux
- The Matrix trilogy
- Equilibrium (2002)
- Back To The Future, Part II
- The Time Machine (2002)
- Demolition Man

______

TV
The Expanse (2015) Season 2 starts again in February after a year break, I need to revisit the old episodes for a catch-up.
The Good Place (2016) Very much it's own world, though possibly (almost certainly) too much referencing of the real one. Season 1 finished recently.

Movies
Kaze no tani no Naushika (1984) (Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind)
What Dreams May Come (1998) Partially in this world, partially not.

Starship Troopers
John Carter
Ender's Game
Looper
Mad Max Fury Road
Pan's Labyrinth
Watchmen
Batman & Batman Returns
Sin City

You might get a kick out of The Dark Crystal, Akira, and Time Bandits.

The instrument has yet to be invented that can measure my indifference to that remark.