Berlin Station : "False Negative "turns up the heat

"False Negative "turns up the heat

I really enjoyed this episode with all the different agencies jockeying for information. The Germans,The Mossad and The Americans each pursing their own agenda and much of it is still not clear.

Hector and Vos, strange relationship and one I still don't understand.

The Mossad agent and her interest in Valerie is added suspense.

We still don't know who and where Alexander Iosava has been taken, which is still out there.

And now Hector denies being Thomas Shaw and claims he' s dead.

I don't know about others, but this show has managed to keep me interested

Hopefully, it will not disappoint!

Re: "False Negative "turns up the heat

Still wondering why Daniel didn't reveal that Hector had been bugging his phone. Daniel afterall does have the recordings assuming hector did a frequent dump from his phone.

My Chimp DNA seems to have lost its password temporarily. Sluggr-2

I thought this episode was just glorious and intense! At this point, I still don't know who is the really good guy, so many of these people have both official agendas and side agendas. I do know for sure, however, that I would not be cut out for this kind of work. I would object to being grabbed off the street and black bagged whenever my employer wanted to talk to me.

What the heck is going on with the Mossad and their agent, Golda? I'm wondering if the Mossad had something to do with Alexander Iasova's rendition, hoping to elevate Kirsch to replace Frost as station chief. (Kirsch isn't stupid, he's had to consider that, too.) What are they up to? They recruit the guy but don't trust him, putting an analyst in a back room to listen in. Why are they interested in Valerie? Allies may be allies, but I guess that doesn't mean you should trust them.

I think Hector was right when he told Daniel "never trust the Germans." I don't believe for one second that Hans would actually help Frost leave the country (which is why Hans had his agent go after Frost's secretary.) They are most concerned with covering their own butts.

I was somewhat disappointed that Daniel coughed up Hector so easily. Guess he is, after all, a company man. I suspect he destroyed the usb stick that contained the conversations Hector recorded because they would have embarrassed him, made him look like a chump to be so easily bugged. Why, I wonder, did Hector put them in Clare's apartment? Why did he leave them there knowing that her apartment would be searched at some point? Did he want them found?

And why is DeVoss picking up Daniel's cousin? Is he going to use her as leverage, to threaten Daniel into helping Hector? I'm not sure the CIA would actually punish Hector for killing Ruth Ioasova but he's passed the lie detector on Shaw and without a confession, they have nothing on him. And not even Daniel knows for sure.

Finally, what a wonderful surprise to see Anna Deveare Smith turn up as the CIA interrogator--a wonderful actress. I'm loving this series and I do wish that it was more than 10 episodes.

I am fairly sure that Ioseva was grabbed on the orders of Jason Wolf - the London-based guy who Frost set up after he hit on his wife - as some kind of retaliation.

Hadn't thought of that London-based guy being behind trying to destroy Frost. Hm.

All I'd hope with only 2 episodes to go is that Olen and his producers do NOT do what many series these days find it amusing ONLY to themselves: Have a huge cliffhanger with no final resolution of any plots whatsoever at the end of Episode 10.

This has become a annoying fashion these days. Never, ever finish a season and just take viewers to a point in which anything could happen and you've got to wait a year to find out.

This new system we've seen in the past few years of making just one story over 20-30 episodes then dragging out that one story over 3 years in small bits is really unsatisfying and puts me off. Rather than tuning in a year later, I often abandon a show that does this--at least for a year or two until it's totally finished.

Hope Olen did not go with this new, fashionable series model. The fact that there was a second season in the works almost immdiately made me highly suspicious that this was pitched as ONE story only over two years. Not two actual seasons.

Please....NOT. ha

That's my guess too. It does seem it was by the US.

Alexander Iosava is in the US, he told his wife that in the previous episode

I thought he just dismissed the original claim of being sent to Romania, I believe, by mentioning that he saw palm trees ? I don't recall him actually mentioning the US.

I believe that was supposed to be a nod that he was in the US, the Germans had already found out that the CIA took him through the Romainian Mob, they knew he was out of Europe. Plus the look on Frost's face said it all when he said Palm Trees.

I'm inclined to believe The Mossad have him and if memory serves there are palm trees in Israeli. Besides, they would clearly have a reason to grab him in their efforts to fight ISIS.

Yeah, I was thinking Israel too. I think "get my lawyer" was code for "blow the op site" but of course that info, like his wife, wasn't viable for very long. the first rule of allowing a hostage to talk is that they say nothing not on the approved script, nor are their eyes or hands visible for signalling. But then, if they did this, there would be no drama.

My Chimp DNA seems to have lost its password temporarily. Sluggr-2

Palm Trees could be reference to Guantanamo?

Yes. The first location that came to mind when he said palm trees was Cuba. Getting him out of Europe prevents any jurisdictional demands by the Germans, who'd want access if he were stashed in Poland.

If the stories aren't wrapped up this season, I'm out. It seems like they're gonna pull a blacklist. I had to stop watching that too.

I Kill Kids!