Late Night with Seth Meyers : Social justice comedy stinks

Social justice comedy stinks

Samantha Bee and this smug dickcheese are the worst of the them

Re: Social justice comedy stinks

AMEN!!! Those two are just another reason TO vote for Trump...in the hopes that these two one track minded dopes will be on the first train to Canada.

Don't say anything bad about Jojo
If she's a disciplinarian, I'm the Queen Of England!- Stella

merilee112,

"Those two are just another reason TO vote for Trump"

EXACTLY!

Two days after the election on the Thursday, November 10th show Seth still doesn't get it and why his side lost the election. Seth and his writers are very out of touch with the average person. How can you be in touch with the average person when you are making $10 million a year and his writers are pulling down well into the six figures for doing a comedy show.

The comedy bit he did with the black female writer that I'm sure he thought was so cute and so progressive is the exact reason why people voted for Trump. Basically it was the black female writer's life is so rough and terrible in America and she is so oppressed and she was now welcoming white females to her life because Hillary didn't win. Oh, and if you don't agree with her personal opinions you are racist, sexist, xenophobic, just pick any label and throw it out there. Seth doesn't get that people are tired of being called names when someone doesn't get their way or has a different opinion. And people are also not buying that some gainfully employed writer on a major network show making lots of money has such a rough life.

I'd love to see these people work for a fraction of the wage they currently get in a coal mine or steel mill or as a waitress, etc. Ya, their lives are so rough working on a TV show getting paid hundreds of thousands of dollars to millions of dollars a year.

If the left keeps spouting stupidity, name calling, and falsely claiming they have a monopoly on oppression and hard times while really living a charmed life and making lots of money for doing a silly TV show an hour a day, 4 days a week, they are just going to make a one term Trump presidency a two term one.

You are SO RIGHT all around!! If there's one thing I can't stand, it's a SORE LOSER. Truthfully I thought he would announce he was quitting and storm out or something with all his celebrity pals. (but of course Amy Schumer now said they were all kidding! Such a letdown)

Guess he's not quitting. (groan...why won't he?)

Oh, and if you don't agree with her personal opinions you are racist, sexist, xenophobic, just pick any label and throw it out there

Sounds just like when Obama got elected. If you didn't agree with him you were racist. I tell you, I got so tired of explaining to people that I'm not racist and I wouldn't have voted for Obama even if he were white. The same way I believe that men and women are equal, and the fact that I didn't vote for Hillary had noting to do with her gender. It's because I hated her, she ran a lousy campaign and I don't think she could do a good job running the country. And I'm a WOMAN.

Then again NY is filled with sore losers as demonstrated by those useless protests! I mean, what's the point of them protesting NOW?! He got elected! BY A LANDSLIDE! They lost! There's nothing they can do except grow up and accept it or leave!

merilee112,

The people currently protesting around the country are complete and utter morons. What do they want or expect to happen? The election is over. They are the definition of poor losers.

CNN and other news channels reported that the overwhelming majority of these protestors are high school aged and not even old enough to vote. Seriously, WTF?! I remember many elections going back to the 1980's and people never acted like this. Even in the 2000 election people did not act like this. This is ridiculous and if it is really mostly people of the Millennial Generation these people need to grow up and fast.

I read that many universities have had to set up grief counselors and have classes for these kids because they lost the election. They need to not call this the Millennial Generation but rather the Special Snowflake Generation. If they don't get their own way there will be hell to pay. All these protests going back the past two years is another reason why people voted for Trump.

The media and anchors on CNN that I am currently watching still don't get it and are also so out of touch. Again, CNN anchors make several hundred thousand dollars to millions of dollars a year so how could you be in touch with the average person. John Berman on CNN right now just said he didn't think the media was fanning any flames since the election. I guess he doesn't watch his own network. All day they have paraded people on TV saying how scared they are of Trump and have them make baseless claims and speculate about what Trump might do. They also have their race hustlers and fear mongers on too like Angela Rye. Many of these same people then reported fake stories about random attacks around the country. And of course showed one video from a middle school, yes middle school, in Michigan of kids chanting "build the wall" and then claimed this was happening all around the country. Ya, no fanning the flames at all.

All the people that said they were going to move to Canada the public should hold them too it. They should harass the sh!t out of them about it for the next four years. What I find funny is that these same celebrities are all for open boarders and welcoming the "lovely brown people" as they put it into the country. Instead of moving to Canada these celebrities should move to Mexico since they want their citizens here so badly. They should also just go there too. Don't follow Mexico's immigration laws and just move there. I bet they would be begging to come back after one day of being in a Mexican dungeon.

P.S. The best interview of the day I saw was on CNN. They interviewed some girl protesting in San Fran. She said that it is "unfair" that her and her "undocumented" family have to follow any kind of immigration rules or laws. Really? What kid of a country is this where people think that it is unfair that they have to play by the rules that everyone else has to? So it would be fair to not follow any rules, cut in line, and just do what you want while others have to follow rules and laws? Unreal.

merilee112,

"the fact that I didn't vote for Hillary had noting to do with her gender. It's because I hated her, she ran a lousy campaign and I don't think she could do a good job running the country. And I'm a WOMAN."

I followed this election pretty closely and I never heard anyone state they weren't voting for her just because she was a woman. I think people had many, many, many, other legitimate reasons not to vote for her.

The main one that I kept coming back to is the unqualified one. People kept saying that Trump was unqualified but it turned out that Hillary actually was the one who technically was unqualified. She could not hold a security clearance.

I actually watched the entire Comey testimony on C-SPAN. I am probably the only person in the country to do so. Seth Meyers jokes about how no one watches C-SPAN all the time. I actually do if there is a good hearing to see. Two different times Comey was asked about that if Hillary was an FBI employee what would he do. He did not really want to answer but alluded that she would be fired. Of course this was NOT reported later on the news. I elaborated on this for my friends and family. I have worked in the Federal Government and I have held a security clearance. If Hillary was any other government employee or member of the military she would have had her clearance revoked, been fired then (because not being able to hold a clearance is grounds for termination), and not eligible for rehire if not debarred from any future government or military employment altogether. Who cares about criminal charges because how can you elect someone to be in charge of the government when they could not even hold a government job to begin with? I am also betting that if any other government employee or member of the military did what she did they would be prosecuted and be in Federal prison. When you get a clearance you get training every year and sign paperwork that basically says your ass is going to Federal Pound Me In the Ass Prison if you violate it. This is what the Trump campaign should have talked about everyday, all day.

And you can go on and on about her server (done to hide everything she was doing and shield it from FOIA and the press), Benghazi (the DSS is criminally underfunded and understaffed and bottom-line she was in charge of that whole department when it went down meaning she is responsible), shady pay for play things, starting fights at Trump events, the nasty things her people were saying about entire groups of people in e-mails, etc. etc. etc. The bottom line for me was that yes, Trump is a typical rich a55hole, probably not a nice guy, and a douchebag, but Hillary is a very slimy, dirty, shady as hell, lying politician. The more that came out it seemed like she might be one of the worst politicians ever. It has nothing to do with sexism or misogyny and everything to do with her record and how she handled things in the past.

AND, this has been a closer look!

Ya know, YOU should hire yourself out as a writer for Seth Meyers! You can do a better job than HE can!

I followed this election pretty closely and I never heard anyone state they weren't voting for her just because she was a woman

Some feminists have said things like that. Some other women agreed with them! Hey, I would LOVE to see a woman President myself. I really would! But I'm not gonna settle for just ANY woman who got in just because of her gender! It takes more than that to run a country! I waited 260 years...I can wait a little longer.

What hurts is that (true story) there are some Canadian film makers (women) and I admitted tememdiously. I won't say their names, but they're real amazing women! They founded their own production company from the ground up, they write and produce, direct and have roles in their own movies. They hosted a television show, they put their hearts and souls into so much. Even though I'm not into those kind of movies they did, I watched and DVR'd their show, I followed them in Twitter, and I pushed for them to direct the new Deadpool Movie. They can do it, I signed a petition and listed a whole paragraph why they should be allowed to do this!

Then the election comes...and it turns out that their feminists who werew rooting for Hillary! Not only that they publically said that now thw world was in trouble, and they welcomed people into Canada. They openly said we shouldn't want mysogany! And let me tell you....that hurt. I felt like I was punched in the stomach! Here I was rooting for these women and admireing them and everything...and then they say these things. And they're Canadian! They can't vote anyway! He;s not their leader...I don't know why they cared! That hurt...that was devastating to find out.

But, BTW...I don't think Trump is an *beep* He's just very strong and tough, and we NEED that! Obama in a milktoast. He need someone strong and brave enough to stand up to terrorists and ISIS, and I think he can do it!

merilee112,

I am not really sure why people in other countries pay so much attention to what goes on in our country. I guess it really speaks to how really powerful and influential and indispensable we are in the world. When I was in Europe a couple years ago the papers there were filled with news from home. Plus, the TV was mostly reruns of American shows and the movie theater I passed had the same American movies playing back home. What I find funny is how people in other countries really pay attention to us, even try to lecture us about our internal issues (especially online on this web site), and then pretend The U.S. is not that important or influential. Why are you paying attention to us then? It's not like I am paying attention to elections or gun rights issues in The Netherlands.

Foreigners lecturing Americans about our issues makes me laugh most of the time. It always appears like too that they only get their news from far left sources or their one friend who lives in New York City and is a flaming far left wing extremist. They are really misinformed most of the time. I also heard tonight that a lot of people found out this week that it is a lot harder than most people thought to move to Canada legally. I guess they could always just go there illegally since they don't respect immigration laws here.

I just watched Bill Maher and finally a liberal gets it. He said exactly what I have been saying for months now about Democrats, why they lost, and the backlash against the left. Seth Meyers should watch his show tonight. I hope all Dems and liberals do. Bill said that for the past 10 years people have been attacking white people, telling them they are bad and their time is over, and made them feel like a minority. So they came out in 2016 and voted like a minority. He said people got turned off hearing all the "mansplaining" and "white privilege" stuff. I was like, damn, he is saying what I have been telling my friends and family. This stuff from the left is going to backfire. I noticed the flop of Ghostbusters, flop of Birth of a Nation, and NFL ratings being bad (because of Kaepernick who didn't even vote this week), and I said this is the majority of the country rebuking all of this far left sh!t and Trump could easily win.

At least Bill Maher gets it despite him being a California, pot smoking, flaming rich liberal. He gets why and how the Dems lost and gets why people are turned off by the left.

P.S. If Seth Meyers is hiring I will come work for him. Maybe I can give some balance to his show and write at least one joke he can tell about Democrats.

I am not really sure why people in other countries pay so much attention to what goes on in our country. I guess it really speaks to how really powerful and influential and indispensable we are in the world.

I guess that could be seen as a back-handed compliment.

I don't know if I should be THAT upset with the things they said. I know that they don't know me personally, I don't even have Twitter (my life is pretty boring to be Twitted). Maybe it shouldn't hurt so much...but truth be known, it does hurt. Guess it's because I did admire them and I honestly thought they were different. I haven't watched any of the eps of their show I DVR'd in a few days, even though I did want to.

I mean, maybe it hurt because in their Twitters and INtervews they seem so nice and sweet. I mean, maybe it was one slip up...everyone's entitled to one or two slip ups. Nobody's perfect. But how do you get rid of the sting it caused?

I just watched Bill Maher and finally a liberal gets it. He said exactly what I have been saying for months now about Democrats, why they lost, and the backlash against the left. Seth Meyers should watch his show tonight. I hope all Dems and liberals do.

Whoa, whoa, whoa...ya mean Bill Maher actually made SENSE?! He acted like an adult and stated facts without being an *beep* I could cry...

But there;'s another reason why Hillary lost...she ran a bad campaign! I mean she didn't give any real facts as to why she should be President! All she said in all of her commercials was, "Don't vote for me because I'm not him!" Fine, Hillary...but when you get in what do you plan to do about the economy? How do you plan to handle illegal immigration? How will you create more jobs? She never answered ANY of these! Donald did, and he states his plans very precisely. That's no doubt why people voted for him!

Soo...what was Seth's whine tonight?

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.