Food and Drink : An update on Gareth for these who (like me) are worried.

An update on Gareth for these who (like me) are worried.

?si=ShpKzBPzh8TWQVZq

What is YOUR Luxenbalm

Re: An update on Gareth for these who (like me) are worried.

Not Gareth.

“Anyway” - Joe Biden

Yes Vlad, his name actually is Gareth. 🙂

What is YOUR Luxenbalm

No. That is not Gareth.

Why did you post this trash?

“Anyway” - Joe Biden

His name is Gareth, just not the Gareth that you’re thinking of (who I presume is a poster here).

There’s more to the world than this board you know…

What is YOUR Luxenbalm

Are you mentally retarded? I know more about the world than you’ll ever know, you pissant.

“Anyway” - Joe Biden

Why are you really irked just because you assumed that I meant a different Gareth? It really is nothing to get so upset over. no.gif

What is YOUR Luxenbalm

Mate, that is no gareth. Time to turn yourself in.

“Anyway” - Joe Biden

They must have clapped REALLY hard for the NHS in Cumbria during Covid Bobby!

There's nobody there?!?! giveup.gif

Well done Gareth, now stop drinking like you're 22 and keep supplying those Cathedral City toasty videos! clap.gif

Call me ∑ smile.gif

I liked how it had a model of a big ship in the hospital. 😊

What food item do you want him to review next? I want him to review these Scratch ready meals that I sometimes get for work. 🙂

What is YOUR Luxenbalm

The ship was nice. We seem to keep a lot of old stuff lying around here in the UK in places which aren't museums.

As for things in the UK which aren't in museums, I see a lot of things when I'm nipping into supermarkets for food to make and a lot of it is all new to me. But I don't really go near the ready foods section like I used to and so I'm not up to scratch with what is new and popular in that selection.

That said I have seen (And tried) "Samyang 3X Hot Chicken Ramen" and "Ghost Chilli Chicken Strips" together and wouldn't mind seeing him doing that yes.gif

I've been told "Culley’s World Hottest Ramen Noodles 2.0" is the one to go for but I'm not spending a tenner on spicy noodles that I have to make myself and that's before I add any meat to it.

At least the Samyang ones you can buy anywhere, the Culley's are imported from New Zealand and so he's not likely to see them around in regular shops.

But I'll keep an eye out on purpose now Bobby and see if there is anything else I'd like to know about that's popular in shops like Tesco, Sainsbury's, Asda or Morrisons yes.gif

Call me ∑ smile.gif

Well you are in luck!! Because that is what Gareth does!! He reviewx various products from these supermarkets that you mention, as well as others such as Aldi, Lidl, Farmfoods, Iceland, M&S etc. he does comparison taste tests too so that you know the best value products to buy taking price/taste into account. 🙂

What is YOUR Luxenbalm

I just can't think of anything anymore that could excite me Bobby. I mean I'm sure somebody out there has an Irn-Bru ice-cream that I've not tried or a fish stroganoff and things like that but I've pretty much had a go at the lot and have settled on the things that I like.

What we need is either an alien civilisation to come visit us with some new ingredients and a recipe book or for AI to com up with a taste and texture printer and then we can explore a whole litany of trial and errors until we get it just to the perfect way we want it…but then what? giveup.gif

People have always said that's the end of the line and it never is, I just don't know what the next big thing could be Bobby no.gif

Have you any idea? giveup.gif

Call me ∑ smile.gif

This is where Gareth’s channel comes in handy, Siggy. He will keep his eyes peeled for the next big thing currently sold in the supermarkets and he will review it for us too so that we know if it is worth spending our hard earned on or not. 🙂

Oh and I haven’t even told you the best bit yet have I…he has an AIR FRYER and often cooks his goodies in that! 😊

What is YOUR Luxenbalm

He certainly sounds like he's living the dream Bobby yes.gif

Minor stumble aside.

Well between him and your Denmother both having airfryers Bobby it is only a matter of time until it's your turn to join that cult of culinary Ciceros smile.gif

Call me ∑ smile.gif

Yes it is a shame that he’s injured for the moment and won’t be able to do his videos for a while. Like you say though he could be reviewing soups and smoothies and the like in the meantime. 😊

Oh he sometimes goes out and reviews fish and chips too. That seems to be a popular thing amongst these UK food vloggers.🙂

What is YOUR Luxenbalm

I've got to say most chippies just don't cut the mustard these days Bobby no.gif

And when you find a good one there's a queue.

Your man Gareth could try some chowders and bisques and the like while he's healing and try and bring them, which were once a cheap and easy soup like stew dish, back to the common man yes.gif

Sort of like the opposite of what Jamie Olive Oil and Gordon Ramsay did with sausages smile.gif

Call me ∑ smile.gif

I think that is why YouTube fish and chip videos are so popular. People always struggle to find a good one, so when a reviewer finds one then they make a note of it in their heads for if they ever visit that town. That’s what I do. 🙂 My favourite one is still Poppies in Camden. They have lots of 50s memorabilia about the place, plus they have their own little jars of sauce with ‘poppies’ on which come with your meal. Also the best part is that they have Camden beer on Draft and it is served in A BARREL GLASS!!! 😊

What is YOUR Luxenbalm

Poppies sounds good Bobby yes.gif

I keep my good chippies secret so that they are only known to people that like good chip shops.

Probably not good for their bottom line but I don't want them going all hoity-toity and catering to vegans and the like smile.gif

Call me ∑ smile.gif

You must visit Poppies if you are ever down that way. Tell them that Bobby Tomlinson sent you. 🙂

They do jellied eels but I haven’t felt brave enough to try them.

What is YOUR Luxenbalm

I like eels, and I've had a few jellied eel pies in the past Bobby. But they're not the best thing in a chippy by a long shot! no.gif

Deep-fried pizza, curry sauce and a pickle please yes.gif

Call me ∑ smile.gif

Have you thought any more about making and bagging and selling crispy apple slices yet? 🙂

With your air fryer and Denmother’s big air fryer on the job, we could set up a nice profitable little business. 😊

What is YOUR Luxenbalm

I'd be all about crisping them up Bobby, dusting them with cinnamon sugar and ginger powder and popping them in little brown paper bags and selling them on the street next to a hot pan of chestnuts roasting for passers by in the brisk breeze Bobby yes.gif

But this is the UK, there'd be licenses and lawsuits and all that claptrap and so people can just starve as far as I'm concerned sigh.gif

Call me ∑ smile.gif

∂³∑x² said... I'd be all about crisping them up Bobby, dusting them with cinnamon sugar and ginger powder and popping them in little brown paper bags and selling them on the street next to a hot pan of chestnuts roasting for passers by in the brisk breeze Bobby yes.gif

But this is the UK, there'd be licenses and lawsuits and all that claptrap and so people can just starve as far as I'm concerned sigh.gif
expand
I’m not bothered about laws. Let’s just do it! I’ll do salt n vinegar ones from my end…I’ll just sprinkle salt and vinegar on them. We’ll sell them mail order and to shops and make lots and lots of money! I’ll use Denmother’s air fryer (though not at mealtimes as these times are Denmothers) and you use yours. Also we can dehydrate grapes to make raisins and bag and sell these too! 😊

What is YOUR Luxenbalm

Bobby Tomlinson said... I’m not bothered about laws. Let’s just do it! I’ll do salt n vinegar ones from my end…I’ll just sprinkle salt and vinegar on them. We’ll sell them mail order and to shops and make lots and lots of money! I’ll use Denmother’s air fryer (though not at mealtimes as these times are Denmothers) and you use yours. Also we can dehydrate grapes to make raisins and bag and sell these too! 😊
expand
You know that the vinegar they use on crisps isn't just vinegar from the bottle Bobby no.gif

I've made it. It's not hard but it's not easy either smile.gif

Call me ∑ smile.gif

∂³∑x² said... You know that the vinegar they use on crisps isn't just vinegar from the bottle Bobby no.gif

I've made it. It's not hard but it's not easy either smile.gif
expand
Well…can’t we just use regular Sarson’s vinegar (with Paxo salt)? It’ll do the job won’t it? giveup.gif

What is YOUR Luxenbalm

Bobby Tomlinson said... Well…can’t we just use regular Sarson’s vinegar (with Paxo salt)? It’ll do the job won’t it? giveup.gif
expand
We need to turn it into sodium acetate crystals Bobby, which we then scrunch up and powder over the crisps to get that genuine salt'n'vinegar flavour yes.gif

It's not difficult but there can be complication depending on how it's all prepped uhoh.gif

We certainly wouldn't be taking on an industrial scale competitor for sales, farmer's market is more the neck of the woods we'd have to go smile.gif

Call me ∑ smile.gif

∂³∑x² said... We need to turn it into sodium acetate crystals Bobby, which we then scrunch up and powder over the crisps to get that genuine salt'n'vinegar flavour yes.gif

It's not difficult but there can be complication depending on how it's all prepped uhoh.gif

We certainly wouldn't be taking on an industrial scale competitor for sales, farmer's market is more the neck of the woods we'd have to go smile.gif
expand
Yes. Locally sourced and produced good healthy snacks. We purchase the apples and grapes in bulk from Tesco, Asda etc as well as the salt and vinegar and we make magic that people will love and snack on for a good healthy munch! 😊

Speaking of such, our friend Gareth has decided to stop drinking for his health. I’m proud of him for making that first step and I wish him well. 🙂

?si=f0MX4EDcHBxvUPUh

What is YOUR Luxenbalm

Bobby Tomlinson said... Yes. Locally sourced and produced good healthy snacks. We purchase the apples and grapes in bulk from Tesco, Asda etc as well as the salt and vinegar and we make magic that people will love and snack on for a good healthy munch! 😊

Speaking of such, our friend Gareth has decided to stop drinking for his health. I’m proud of him for making that first step and I wish him well. 🙂

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7scsq_gBLQ?si=f0MX4EDcHBxvUPUh
expand
I'm a bit caught up just now Bobby and so can't watch his video but that title seems ominous. Is he in big health trouble or has he decided to nock it on the head for his own mental well being? giveup.gif

Call me ∑ smile.gif

∂³∑x² said... I'm a bit caught up just now Bobby and so can't watch his video but that title seems ominous. Is he in big health trouble or has he decided to nock it on the head for his own mental well being? giveup.gif
expand
A bit of everything really. Mostly I think because he says that once he starts drinking, well he can’t just limit it to one or two…he has to keep on drinking until really drunk. He says that he’s been down that path before and done silly things and he doesn’t want to become like that again. 🙂

What is YOUR Luxenbalm

Bobby Tomlinson said... A bit of everything really. Mostly I think because he says that once he starts drinking, well he can’t just limit it to one or two…he has to keep on drinking until really drunk. He says that he’s been down that path before and done silly things and he doesn’t want to become like that again. 🙂
expand
I can get that bit easy enough Bobby. I'd rather not start drinking than have to tether myself in after a couple.

It's just a smarter way of being for folks who drink until they can't any longer.

But the lose everything part of the title made me think it could be worse

Fair play to him and best time of the year to give it a go. Plenty to do being over Summer rather than just get drunk and hurt yourself because it's still light outside yes.gif

Call me ∑ smile.gif

∂³∑x² said... I can get that bit easy enough Bobby. I'd rather not start drinking than have to tether myself in after a couple.

It's just a smarter way of being for folks who drink until they can't any longer.

But the lose everything part of the title made me think it could be worse

Fair play to him and best time of the year to give it a go. Plenty to do being over Summer rather than just get drunk and hurt yourself because it's still light outside yes.gif
expand
He probably explains it better than I did, but he’s a little vague and I think he’s holding some things back on camera. Perhaps his wife has had stern words. He does also mention that his children are getting to an age where they notice silly behaviour more. 🙂

What is YOUR Luxenbalm

Bobby Tomlinson said... He probably explains it better than I did, but he’s a little vague and I think he’s holding some things back on camera. Perhaps his wife has had stern words. He does also mention that his children are getting to an age where they notice silly behaviour more. 🙂
expand
Well I'm lucky enough not to have a wife or kids but I understand how hard it is when you're out with friends and then get carried away (Particularly when you're the one without a wife and kids! yes.gif ).

Nothing wrong with hanging out and sticking to something non-alcoholic for that time. It's being half cut and wanting more when everyone's gone home that's the problem. I'm speaking from experience on that front winkgrin.gif

He'll be as right as rain once he figures out that it's not an essential part of being out with his mates. Until then though he'll probably be a bit of out of his depth. Being the entre of his own Truman Show isn't something that I know about though, so maybe that's got hurdles of its own? giveup.gif

I'm sure he'll crack on and be fine though smile.gif

Call me ∑ smile.gif

∂³∑x² said... Well I'm lucky enough not to have a wife or kids but I understand how hard it is when you're out with friends and then get carried away (Particularly when you're the one without a wife and kids! yes.gif ).

Nothing wrong with hanging out and sticking to something non-alcoholic for that time. It's being half cut and wanting more when everyone's gone home that's the problem. I'm speaking from experience on that front winkgrin.gif

He'll be as right as rain once he figures out that it's not an essential part of being out with his mates. Until then though he'll probably be a bit of out of his depth. Being the entre of his own Truman Show isn't something that I know about though, so maybe that's got hurdles of its own? giveup.gif

I'm sure he'll crack on and be fine though smile.gif
expand
I do hope he’s ok, but I’m sure that he will be. I think that running down that hill on that fateful day and falling over only to land smack crack right on the frontal of his face has served as a wake up call of sorts for him.

Personally I can’t wait until he starts reviewing food again and his channel is about that again and not this Adrian Mole sort of Bridget Jones diary entry that it seems to have become ever since his awful accident. no.gif

What is YOUR Luxenbalm

Bobby Tomlinson said... I do hope he’s ok, but I’m sure that he will be. I think that running down that hill on that fateful day and falling over only to land smack crack right on the frontal of his face has served as a wake up call of sorts for him.

Personally I can’t wait until he starts reviewing food again and his channel is about that again and not this Adrian Mole sort of Bridget Jones diary entry that it seems to have become ever since his awful accident. no.gif
expand
He needs to start chugging blended peas and sardines Bobby. That will sort his channel out in no time yes.gif

Call me ∑ smile.gif

Gareth isn’t afraid of spicy food challenges, he’s done them before. 😊

I’ll bet that they’re not too spicy for me! I have a tough mouth and an even tougher tummy. I would just wolf them down and demand seconds!!!!!!

What is YOUR Luxenbalm

It wasn't too spicy by a long shot Bobby no.gif

But it was a little girl's idea to eat them in a challenge format and she did exceptionally well and I had to fake it as a tough undertaking and pretend it was harder than it was.

But later she pulled out a couple of packets of Takis crisps for a casual munch and I did actually find them to be difficult, couldn't let it show though but man alive! That's not a pleasant snack.

Sadly I can't find the chili ghost chicken strips any more, they are either always sold out or didn't make it as a product in Iceland's 3 for a tenner range sad.gif

Call me ∑ smile.gif

It sounds as though she likes her spicy snacks, this little girl. 🙂

I’d like an air fryer at some point because it looks fun. You can get a two drawer one and sync it so that two foods will cook. Pie and chips every single night! 😊

Denmother has just been cooking quorn/fake chicken burgers and chips in hers thus far.

What is YOUR Luxenbalm

A two drawer one would be what I'd go for if I were to buy another one Bobby yes.gif

Or, one that is big enough to do a pizza thinking.gif

But I'm sure I'll be friends with the one I have for a long time as it does a grand job for what I need it for smile.gif

Odd thing this little girl. If I take her out for a curry it's always katsu curry (Which is naff in my opinion) but she can hold her own with the spicier stuff pretty well.

I've a friend who visits that is a veggie. The burger and pies from Linda McCartney go well and a quick microwave of broccoli and carrots make do instead of chips for them.

If I knew they were coming a quick ratatouille wouldn't be out the question but they show up unannounced usually and so I only use what is to hand and it makes do smile.gif

Do you really think that pie and chips every night would do it for you Bobby?

Wouldn't you mi it up a little with crispy pancakes and hash browns every now and then? giveup.gif

Call me ∑ smile.gif

Pie and chips is a solid meal, Siggy. It is all you really need!!

Also if you slice up some apples and then put them on the dehydrate setting, you get lovely healthy apple crisps, nice healthy snack! Bag them up and sell them. 🙂

What is YOUR Luxenbalm

Didn't Rick kill him with a machete?

Well Ricky IS very heightened at the minute due to being so excited over it being so near the time that we get to find out about Susan Twist, so at the minute he is capable of pretty much anything…

But no in this case Gareth ran down a big hill whilst drunk and fell right on his face PLOP!

It was his own fault as he himself says in the video. 🙂

What is YOUR Luxenbalm

Not according to this video