Food and Drink : What's your favourite crêpe ?

Re: What's your favourite crêpe ?

Mmm. I quite like crepes! I learned how to make them, (as well as popovers) in a Home Economics class during summer camp when I was a child. We were let loose in the kitchens and were taught a number of fun and easy dishes to make.

I don't think I've had a savoury crepe, however. Not sure what I'd use as a filling.

I like them filled with strawberry and ricotta. I think that was one of my favourites. They're easy to make if you can get that thinness juuuuust riiiiight! biggrin.gif

OIP.AoxAzpKfSJshSowuERYdwwHaHa?w=202&h=186&c=7&r=0&o=5&dpr=2.3&pid=1.7

OIP.hbFBksUaOSPfgYh1P3sJuQHaGE?w=205&h=180&c=7&r=0&o=5&dpr=2.3&pid=1.7

Am I missing something? I could be missing something. I often miss things.

Those are certainly nice looking crêpes Lilith yes.gif

Call me ∑ smile.gif

Indeed, they do! They would make a lovely breakfast. Alas, I have no ricotta with which to make these delectable little yummies!

Well if you decide to try a savoury route Lilith ricotta and spinach with cracked black pepper just steps into that territory without being too obtuse smile.gif

Call me ∑ smile.gif

I really like spinach but I've never had it with ricotta. I've had it with feta, however.

By the way, my Maesil arrived and I've been finding a few ways to utilize it. It's really delicious, and I'm so glad that you recommended I give this a try!

You'll probably go nuts with the maesil for a bit Lilith and then relegate it to the eyeline where it should be. I'm glad you like it and it really does spruce up a lot of already tasty dishes smile.gif

Spinach and ricotta are a marvellous pairing and quite well known in the UK as a staple on any Italian menu. Usually in cannelloni or lasagne with a tomato and basil sauce to go with. As veggie options go it's a goer yes.gif

Call me ∑ smile.gif