Actors and Actresses : Actors You Can't Stand

Actors You Can't Stand

I won't watch a movie if Cary Grant is in it. I usually prefer natural actors, not that smooth bullshit like that "Charade" of a movie. I only saw it because I thought Hitchcock directed it!

I mostly remember Susan Anspach from "Five Easy Pieces" but I just remember loathing her throughout the movie, and thinking how nice it would have been for any one else to play her. Of course, they make Karen Black soooo ditzy that her boobs you see earlier don't make up the difference.

When I was a teen, it was Nicolas Cage. That stupid fading voice. There's some movies I saw only because my siblings picked a movie rental, too, like "Con Air" (what a con it was).. His friend "Bubba" is dying and Cage is so "cool", nonchalant, relaxed with a "We have a situation" and refused to see anything with him in it, lol.

Liv Ullman is in a handful of great movies (and not all by Bergman!) but she just seems so cold. Her face is so dour and she never connects any warmth.

https://www.scribd.com/document/382737647/MortSahlFan-Song-List

Re: Actors You Can't Stand

jPDkKN5CcfdTO.gif

Frank Capra is one of my favorites, and I tried watching that one movie, and once he identified as Abe Lincoln, I was done! I hate slapstick and screwball except "You Can't Take It With You!" but for the title theme.

Never liked Victor Mature, Wallace Beery, or Tony Curtis. And, some actors/actresses haven't aged well, IMO. They might've been good/fun/entertaining in the early part of their careers, but as they aged, they (and their screen charisma) faded badly, or totally went to pot. I liked Dustin Hoffman in The Graduate and Little Big Man, but his later work just never appealed to me. Nick Nolte was great in some of his early work, such as Who'll Stop the Rain and Farewell to the King, but in his later work you can see where he has really lost it. The flip side is someone like Agnes Moorehead who just seemed to get better and more compelling on screen as she aged.

Crazy, because I've been thinking about creating a thread like this, but wanted to think more about it before posting, although I'd forget most of the time.. Those two are the other ones I didn't add.

Tony Curtis just …. the only word I can use is "bitchy". Doesn't matter the movie, either. "Sweet Smell of Success" or "The Boston Strangler" and "Spartacus". I know it's an actor; as opposed to getting lost in an actor played by Gena Rowlands or Marlon Brando, who like the aforementioned, wasn't tall either, but could display the best attributes of a man convincingly. Curtis just never struck me as a leading man, just like Hoffman. But, I think he would have done much better as a supporting actor like "Midnight Cowboy" - the hero's friend. Not a villain, either, but an ambivalent character. They were lucky to be around in the golden age of hollywood where there were so many great movies/roles.

Sandra Bullock.
I really have no reason. I simply find her annoying. giveup.gif
There are probably a few others, but off the top of my head??? giveup.gif

You asked a pretty question; I've given you the ugly answer.
Fasten Your Seatbelts….
It's Going To Be A Bumpy Night!

I remember seeing her in this new movie years ago and feeling pretty indifferent. "While You Were Sleeping" - something I'd never watch today, but it was one of those "family friendly" movies everyone could watch. Never saw her in anything else.

I remember that. People were saying she was America's Sweetheart. We rented that movie based on the hype. Talk about fogetable. I honestly didn't see anything special. I do remember that I found her irritating for some reason I can't explain.
The only other movie I have seen her in is The Blind Side. While I found the story, based on a true one good, I still found her annoying.

Another one I don't care for is Andi McDowell. She was the one speed bump in Four Weddings and a Funeral. I feel the same way you do about Susan Anspach in Five Easy Pieces.

You asked a pretty question; I've given you the ugly answer.
Fasten Your Seatbelts….
It's Going To Be A Bumpy Night!

Sandra Bullock.
I really have no reason. I simply find her annoying. giveup.gif

She was annoying in Speed (Jack!Jack!Jack!) but I still like her.

Bing.. Wobbledy wobble, wo-wo-wobble, wobbin'
https://vocaroo.com/1hz4nrSop8zd

I don't like Robert Redford. Never did. I'm sure I could find something I could like that he's in but mostly put off by him.

I'll suggest a movie or two with three from your list to see if it might change your mind about them.

Susan Anspach would work better in a Robert Altman movie.
Close enough is Montenegro

You'll see a completely different side of Liv Ullman in her first movie, The Wayward Girl.
She comes off as a young Bardot sex kitten.

Also see the horror movie, Leonor.

Nicolas Cage is often unlikeable.
Try Valley Girl or Birdy for something out of the ordinary.

My password is password

Robert de Niro. He's a ****ing Leftard asshole.

mjeyds.gif

😺 Schrodinger's Cat walks into a bar, and doesn't. 🤨 President Trump is a FIGHTER and a HERO, and will win in a landslide over Biden!

Let's see: Owen Wilson, Ben Stiller, Jennifer Aniston, and I guess anyone who appears regularly in those dumb Judd Apatow movies like Jason Segal and Leslie Mann (I think those are their names). Pretty much all the people that hipster douchebags seem to like a lot.

The guy who plays Ted in HIMYM. I ****ing hate him and his **** eating face I wanna punch him in the abdomen and knee him in the face when he keels.

I hate him so much that I punched Steve Buscemi in the face out of anger recently, told him to tell Josh Radnor I said hi.

Robert Pattinson, Jamie Foxx, Mark Wahlberg and Alex Pettyfer

“There are no atheists in foxholes, eh?”-Keith Jennings from the Omen.

Jim Carrey, Will Ferrell, and Melissa McCarthy.

I've been searching for the daughter of the Devil himself, I've been searching for an angel in white.

They are all insufferable and I can’t think of one I like.

My password is password

Michael Emerson
Shia le Beouf
Eddie Redmayne (not so much anymore)

Ryan Reynolds