The Watercooler : Would you be pissed if this was your kid?

Would you be pissed if this was your kid?

Tl;dr there's a kid at my son's school with a nut allergy so they straight up banned nuts.

My kid had a gluten allergy and they've fed him it on numerous occasions, one time resulting in an ambulance being called due to him being unresponsive for over 30 seconds.. keep in mind they made me go to the school and then call an ****ing ambulance.. yeah, I know. All a bunch of ****ing retarded women that are beyond unprofessional.

Once arrived at the hospital his blood test shows his gluten is over 240. It should be below 30.

The hospital had a huge talk with the school and said he MUST be on a strict gluten free diet, and the VERY NEXT DAY he walks out of his classroom with a ****ing swish roll that contained gluten, so to make a point I send him to school the day after with a bueno and they take it off him..

Like, what the ****.

Oh, and whenever someone takes a birthday cake in my son has to sit there and watch them all eat it while he gets nothing. Fucking disgusting school.

But yeah, how would you handle a situation like this? Would you demand they ban gluten or am I being a pathetic karen?

On hiatus enjoying holidays

Re: Would you be pissed if this was your kid?

Have your mother slit all of
their throats.

My password is password

Fuck off Ashley

And no, there isn't another school I can take him to before anyone suggests.

Jesus tho, like, the rage this school gives me, honestly..

Can you supply them with gluten free treats for occasions when treats will be given? I do not know how the UK works but I would think you could. Do you send him lunch?

It's random whenever they have cake or snacks, and all the gluten free ones say "may contain nuts" so it's like pissing in the wind.

I used to send him with a packed lunch but he doesn't like it because he gets put on a different table to those who eat hot dinners, and apparently it's not cool 🙄

I had a talk with him about staying packed lunch again after the half term coming up, and it's a touchy subject but he's just gonna have to feckin live with it. It's either stay packed lunch or starve, kiddo 😆

True, kids do not like being set apart. I like Dazed solution and you would think the school would be more than happy to accommodate with life threatening issues. I have a son with bad acid reflux and I thought THAT was challenging. It has to be challenging for you both.

Why don't you punch the head off the teacher, my granny never let anyone interfere with her kids diet and would go up to school to knock the **** out of any teacher who hit her kids for **** all!

Even the local UVF and UDA were scared of her yes.gif

My password is password

I have children in my care with a gluten intolerance, nut allergy with risk of anaphylaxis and egg allergy with risk of anaphylaxis. I've also cooked for a Coeliac in recent years.

I have made the entire nursery egg and nut-free. For the GF child, they have separate freezer compartment with all of their food items that I prepare separately away from any other food. I make them separate pasta sauce, GF pasta portions, muffins, shortbread and bread. I keep a separate named pot of spread for them in the fridge and a separate toaster only for Gluten-free bread.

I don't allow birthday cakes from home (or any food from home) but am happy to make birthday cake which everyone one can have including the GF child.

So, yes your child's school could do more.

I wish they were as thoughtful as you, dazed. He gets a bag of haribos that he doesn't even eat whenever it's someone's birthday, and it's either like it or lump it.

But for me, it's not about the damn cake. He gets enpugh treats at home. It's the ****ing audacity of them all sitting there while he gets **** all and they say they treat every kid the same. Seriously, it boils my piss. They could ban cakes from just his class so it's fair, but nope. You have to havw a life or death allergy for them to give a ****, apparently

He can't take anything with nuts in so why should kids get gluten cake angry2.gif

They definitely should be trained in allergy awareness, this kind of stuff is all covered in it.

AND WHAT REAAAAALLY PISSES ME OFF DAZED IS THAT I DON'T EVEN THINK NUT KID IS EVEN IN HIS FUCKING CLASS!! AHHHH!

So you are a dinner lady.

My password is password

Go away Millard.

I beg your pardon?

My password is password

It would drive me nuts

I guess they banned the nuts because nut allergies can be seriously life threatening, like even just being around them. The school should definitely not be making the mistake of feeding your child gluten and the staff who did that should be seriously called up on it and sent on some kind of awareness course. They should also be kind enough to supply a gluten free cake on birthdays. I would insist that whoever gives him something containing gluten gets a proper talking to explaining the situation and I would also ask that gluten free cakes are supplied for him, whether its the parents who do it or if they were not aware, the school should supply something for him so that he is not excluded.

would also ask that gluten free cakes are supplied for him, whether its the parents who do it or if they were not aware, the school should supply something for him so that he is not excluded.
that or at least let her know ahead of time so she can pack him something if they're not going to supply him a treat. Assholes.

Yeah, I would speak to the school and ask them to ensure, whether it's the parents of the birthday child, or she or the school, that something is arranged for him. You can't have one kid sitting out with nothing, it's not fair.

The school is ran by a ****ing zoo! The hospital threatened them with safeguarding cuz deapite numerous voicemails and an allergy form filled out and sent to them, they didn't call me until 6 months later to ask if he has coeliac. I could honestly kms having to deal with such ****ing retards. And it's not just the school! Retards, retards everywhere in this country!

I would go in and talk to them. Maybe raise your voice a little.

Raise my voice, I would literally jump up and down on the head of the first person told me to be quiet 💀😆

I need to talk to someone about it tho. I might write an email rather than go in so it's all written down and see what their response is to it. They haven't accidently given him any gluten recently, so I'm like do I wait and see if another incident happens then do something or what cuz it will seem so random.

He leaves next year thank god lol

I'm trying to keep you from being arrested! Lmao. Maybe send an email first and then go in. Talk about both issues. They shouldn't let other parents bring in food if they're not going to provide for every kid in the class. That's ****ty.

My son broke out from a tomato one time and they wouldn't let him eat pizza for 3 damn years. He wasn't allergic. It was a random break out and hasn't happened since. I had to keep calling them to tell them he can have pizza. Then they wanted me to write a note every pizza day to send in. I wrote 4 before getting annoyed and then I went in to talk to them. They finally started letting him have it. Thanks for not trying to kill my kid but he doesn't have allergies.

You should tell his school to start acting like that because his school is on some bullshit right now.

We send an email out to all parents asking them to be mindful of the seriousness of an allergy and to respectfully ask them to make sure they don't bring food from home. It wouldn't take much to make all parents aware that there is a child with an intolerance to gluten in their class.

I don't really know why schools are allowing cakes anyway since most of them carry the "may contain nuts" warning due to manufacturing.

That'a what I just said to dazed. It has ti be a life or.death allergy otherwose they don't give a ****!

God, next july ima be like a ****ing nutter on that google review when he leaves.

Regarding kitchen staff, I honestly think they all got sacked when he went to hospital, lol. The whore's mother reminds me everytime I see her that she used to be his dinner lady. 🤷🏻‍♀️

I honestly think they all got sacked when he went to hospital
They definitely should have been!

You know, I bet that's why the head teacher was pissy with me that time my son kicked a kid. It was literally a few weeks after the hospital incident (iirc) that I got dragged into the school for a meeting over ONE kick. My child has had a tooth knocked out by another student and they acted clueless, his head slammed against pavement, his coat ripped, his minecraft creeper bottle hit out of his hand with such force that the bottom smashed clean off IN FRONT OF THE TEACHER, and then it calls me in over one ****ing kick. You just know it was pissed cuz it had to waste its weekends interviewing a whole new kitchen staff 😂

your ex's gf's mum slipped him the glutten on the gf's orders!

the school should segregate the glutten foods from the non glutten

Food allergies aren’t real, they can’t harm you.

My password is password

Coeliac disease is not just a gluten allergy/food intolerance.

They can literally kill you.

I don't think a school should ban nuts or gluten. If a kid is that sensitive to a food maybe they should be homeschooled or something IDK. But if they're gonna do that I think the special treatment should either be for everyone or no one. If they're gonna protect the kid with a peanut allergy they need to look out for your son as well. I would be mad too.

My password is password

You can't ban gluten from a school. It's in so much stuff like bread, pastries, cakes, some cereals, pasta etc

Also, the alternatives are 3 times the price.

Yeah that does not seem realistic at all. I also just don't think taking snacks that kids brought from home that say "may contain nuts" or whatever is realistic either though because basically everything says that lol. And what is the school gonna do search the kids bags for peanut m&M's and Reese's cups every day? 😂

My password is password

I guess you might feel differently if your child had a severe nut allergy.

As I said before, if all parents are notified then the vast majority are happy to not use nut products in their children's packed lunches or snacks.

The "may contain nuts" thing is very annoying. Labelling needs to be more specific.

It might work in elementary school where the parents can kind of control what their kids eat but I don't know how that would work in a middle or high school where the kids/teens can buy their own stuff to bring.

My password is password

As they get older the children learn to manage their own allergy, carry their own epipen and ask the right questions regarding ingredients. There will therefore be less likelihood of accidentally ingesting the allergen.

Younger children tend to share food, touch one another with sticky hands etc

The few take priority over the many these days.

If I don't reply to you, check to see if you're on my block list.

The Jew take priority over the many these days.

FTFY

My password is password