Re: Dazed, look what I just got

uhoh.gif

lol, mine are shaped like hedgehogs.

hairrise.gif

ᴳᵒ ᶠᵘᶜᵏ ʸᵒᵘʳˢᵉˡᶠ

Aww cute! Are they laundry dryer hedgehogs?

Yes! I thought everyone knew what we were discussing since the pic you posted clearly says, "place in tumble dryer." I assume people are trolling in some of these replies.

Anyway, the ones I have never had a scent, as far as I remember.

I know, so many filthy minds! It literally says what they are 😣

Are yours to help de-fluff clothes and to cut down on drying time?

Yeah, they're supposed to cut down on drying time, but they're also supposed to fluff, so the opposite of de-fluffing. (Unless you mean remove lint?)

I think these are the ones I have:

Hedgehog dryer balls tumble in the dryer to lift and separate laundry allowing hot air to flow more efficiently. The soft spikes of the hedgehogs massage fabrics to naturally fluff up and soften. Safe for all fabrics. Set of 2 hedgehogs.

Yes, I mean work as a lint remover.

The hedgehogs are so cute

s-l1200.webp

They are! It's like having mini pet hedgehogs that live in my dryer.

How cute! 😁

Bing.. Wobbledy wobble, wo-wo-wobble, wobbin'
https://vocaroo.com/1hz4nrSop8zd

Hey, these look cool! Would you recommend them?

I like the idea of how they help to separate the clothes while they're tumbling in the dryer. I'd imagine they help reduce wrinkles, yes?

Hmm. I may need to put these on my shopping list. I wonder if they'll help remove the dog hair. I use dryer sheets for pet hair. Not sure they're much different except they're larger.

Fascinating topic, this.

Am I missing something? I could be missing something. I often miss things.

They work great for towels. Really help fluff them up and making them really soft.

They're all the same though, right? I mean, eggballs or porcupines, they're all the same, right?

Okay, that does it. I'm getting them. I hate the idea of using dryer sheets to be honest. Too many nasty chemicals and perfume. Are these used instead of dryer sheets or in addition to dryer sheets? Hmm, maybe I can cut the dryer sheets in half by using these little suckers!

My dryer eggs have a fragrance stick that you can replace but other than that, I think the point is the same as the hedgehogs, they soften and help to dry the clothes.

https://www.ecoegg.com/product/winter-bundle-dryer-eggs-extra-fragrance-refills/

I got mine from Amazon though because I am not in the UK.

I'm getting these on Amazon as well. I decided to purchase a package of 6 XL New Zealand wool balls in addition to 4 of the spikey porcupine-styled balls, so I'll be able to use both. I do have one thought, however. The wool balls, I wonder if part of their success is because it distributes lanolin on a very slight level over all of the clothes which duplicates the purpose of dryer sheets.

At least with the wool balls, the fragrance oils come in dropper form and the intensity can be totally controlled as can different fragrances.

I recommend them. I've used the wool balls, the blue spiky balls and the hedgehogs. They all seem to work the same. I don't like using dryer sheets, because I've read that the chemicals can (after time) clog up the tiny holes in the lint filter; so the clothes might take longer to dry, and it can also be a fire hazard.

This is from Maytag.com:

Dryer sheets can leave an oily residue on your dryer and may clog the screen of the lint filter faster, reducing circulation and causing a potential fire hazard. In addition to cleaning your lint filter after every load, a more thorough washing once a month is recommended to remove this build-up.

This article says how to clean the screen:

This can also affect your drying time, he adds, since the wax can coat the lint screen and you won’t be able to tell. You’ll think you’re clearing the screen out completely, but there’s an invisible layer of wax that is building up.

You can tell if your lint screen has that coat by running water over it, the way Copeland did for a customer who didn’t believe it. The water was unable to run through the screen due to the coat of wax. As a solution, Copeland cleaned it with dish soap and a toothbrush, checked to make sure water could properly flow through the screen and then let it air-dry. Afterwards, the efficiency of their dryer improved.

You’ll also want to be wary of dryer sheets getting caught in lint traps, as Copeland says they’re a fire hazard.

Some sources say the fire risk from the waxy buildup is very low:

It is possible that after a long period of time fabric softener sheets can contribute to some waxy or filmy buildup on your dryer’s lint screen. Recent studies of this claim, however, have determined that the potential for this is very low. It is highly unlikely that this invisible buildup can lead to dryer heating element failure or any such fires.

Interesting 🤔 have you tried it yet?

Yes but I am actually a bit disappointed because they don't seem to have much of a scent. I think I get more scent off the washer egg than these dryer eggs. I think they do help with drying though because they separate the clothes as they spin around and so the clothes are able to dry quicker.

I noticed it said reduces dryer time. I can't wait to be able to hang washing out again though.

I wasn't able to have anything hang out on a washing line since an incident when I was a teenager 🕷️ After that my mum knew never to put anything of mine outside.

Oh no! These things can have a long lasting effect, like me and the vomit!

Paint them black and you've got Alien eggs 👽

Yes 😂

They also catch bits of fluff which is helpful as I have a ragdoll cat. So, it's a shame they don't have much of a scent but they are useful anyway.

👽👽👽

My password is password

Where do you put them?

My password is password

In the dryer … 🤨

Is this some kind of vagina thang??

My password is password

CAN PEOPLE STOP SEEING FILTH!!!

It says what they are - they are for drying clothes 😫

Dries the 🐱 after 👉👌

👋

It's not a sex thing!!!! 😫😫😫

A blue ray version of “top boy”?

My password is password

Kirk hattip.gif

hattip.gif

🤨😐

I thought about getting some of those.

Donna 😍 And you said you blocked me 😌

I think this kind of thing is good to speed up the clothes getting dried as they separate them as they spin so for that reason they are probably a good thing. I just wish they left more of a scent on the clothes but they don't really add anything.

Mine don't have any scent, but been using dryer balls for almost 30 years.

My password is password