Economics, Business, Money, Finance : Worst job you've had

Worst job you've had

Landscaping. Back breaking work for minimum wage.

Re: Worst job you've had

Cleaning out a neighbor's chinchilla cages each Saturday in his basement. There were roughly 20 cages, give or take a few. The neighbor was some sort of research scientist.
Those chinchillas were filthy… especially the females. They menstruate.
This was in the late 60s when I was around 12 or 13. I was paid the grand sum of $10.00 each week for around two hours of work.

You asked a pretty question; I've given you the ugly answer.
Fasten Your Seatbelts….
It's Going To Be A Bumpy Night!

If you made $5 an hour in the 60's then you must have been the richest kid in town.

I base all money value in the 60's on terms of how much money Andy gave Opie for allowance, which was a quarter a week. That's $10 you made for 2 measly hours work was 40 weeks of allowance for poor Opie, who was practically doing child slave labor to get that quarter. Amazing.

The Lion does not give a fuck. Bring. More. Sheep.

Poor Opie Taylor!
That was the early 60s! Inflation by 69.

I wouldn't say I was the richest kid in town, but I agree that it was good money back then. Better than what I got for babysitting, and certainly better than what I got for helping to clean the stalls at the stables down the road. I got nothing for that, but I did get to be around the horses and ride for free. That was worth anything.

Fasten Your Seatbelts….

In today's money you were making something like $150 an hour, hardly something to bitch about. Sounds like the best job ever.

Really… $150.00 you say? Not too shabby.
The only thing I was bitching about was the disgusting job itself. The subject is "Worst job you've had ", is it not?
In my opinion, my time in the Army was much better, and that is saying a lot.

Fasten Your Seatbelts….

Getting back to little Opie, thinking it over, he did get paid for doing chores around the house.
My parents didn't give out allowances. That was our home. We were expected to do chores and help out. It never even occurred to us that we were supposed to be paid for cleaning up after ourselves or helping tend the animals and the garden. Why do you think that I went out to find jobs that paid?

Fasten Your Seatbelts….

Teach fugazi your ways.

He's a lost cause.

Fasten Your Seatbelts….

If he came to live with you I am confident you could whip him into shape, or at least properly dispose of the body.

His sister would probably be willing to pay you to take him off her hands.

If he came to live with me, he'd be left outside pounding at the door. My couch is much too nice for the likes of that.
As for the disposal of the body, I'd simply let the police deal with that.
Free room and board in jail!
Look Sis! He's off your hands free and clear. If she was smart, she wouldn't allow him back in, once she was rid of his lazy ass.

Fasten Your Seatbelts….

His sister is the only one in the family that's had a job this century. He comes from a welfare family with no work ethic. He claims he has tons of family who would take him in and support him, which is a disgusting thing for him to even say, but the truth is even when they were homeless nobody wanted to help them and let that slob sleep on their couch. He even had the nerve to complain about the one dude that let them, saying the guy was disturbing his sleep by playing videogames on his own tv in his own house all night. I'm pretty sure they all wondered why Fugazi couldn't get a job and support himself at 30 something years old.

With that background, I doubt there is anything I could possibly do to whip his entitled ass in shape. He's in his 30s. For now, he's on the couch in the low glow of his phone, punching the keyboard with his fat fingers. Hopefully, for him, Sis will outlive him. If not, he's in for a rude awakening.
If I reach my goal to live to 100, I'm here for it!!! At 100 what else is there?🍿

Fasten Your Seatbelts….

For now, he's on the couch in the low glow of his phone, punching the keyboard with his fat fingers covered with doritos.

My password is password

and still laughing out loud!

Fasten Your Seatbelts….

$10 in 1969 is around $80 today. So more like $40/hr. Around what a 2nd year engineer at my office gets. Still really good for a kid.

Darn! $80.00 an hour…
That's still slightly more than what my husband makes an hour!
I guess a little mess and a whole lot of stink and spiders in that basement might have been worth it had I been able to look at things from this future perspective!

Fasten Your Seatbelts….

Auto repair. Shitty cars, shitty parts, shitty customers. Nuff said.

You don't wanna know what the hell's wrong with me!

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

That is legit the worst job ever. Did you have to clean up their shit?

My password is password

Post deleted

What was dangerous about it?

My password is password

Post deleted

It involved male patients?

My password is password

They promised her they'd put her in their wills but would only tip her for blowjobs with hard candy or soap on a rope they won playing bingo, the cheap old bastards. It took her years to figure out the state controlled their social security checks and they didn't actually have a penny to their names.

Post deleted

Fuck off, cunt. You've said some pretty fucking stupid things here yourself. Ugly, slut.

My password is password

Post deleted

Where there's a will there's a bj?

Give it a rest with your disgusting and pathetic fantasies, Monicah.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race,_Evolution,_and_Behavior

Working in a tomato greenhouse. Also backbreaking and paid a pittance.

My parents owned two enormous greenhouses and one of my jobs was side shooting the tomato plants and eventually picking the tomatoes. The smell of 1000 cats peeing, the yellow crap all over you, the heat, the lack of pay!

My heart bleeds for him, as a child. Someone took a kid and manufactured a monster. At the same time, as an adult, he's irredeemable.

You really understand!! 🤗

I do and I'd do it all again tomorrow!

My heart bleeds for him, as a child. Someone took a kid and manufactured a monster. At the same time, as an adult, he's irredeemable.

McDonalds when I was a teenager. Starting at 4:30 AM on Saturday, many customers were irritable because they were angry, changing from breakfast to lunch menu always brought complaints, hit by unruly customers, held up once (I had just left shortly before), and the side of my car kicked in. But, it did teach me that I had to work my tail off because I didn't want to do that all my life.

Male stripper. Too many queers and shit pay.

You're very funny today.

My password is password

First job working in fast food. A lot of the customers that I had to deal with were often really goddamn rude and nasty.

Happy Birthday, Motherfucker!

Working as a cashier sucks because you have to put up with nut jobs and shop lifters

I liked my co-workers so that helped

If we take the time to see with the heart and not with the mind, we shall see that we are surrounded completely by angels ~ Carlos Santana

You've been lucky, there are far worse jobs than operating a cash.

My password is password

I was applying for a machine operator position, thinking I was going to do just that but no…

Ended up working on the line for a few weeks in extreme hot and cold environments being that it was a major bakery factory with clients like Walmart. It was close to a 1,000,000 square foot facility; Lots of giant machines that I had to get nasty and help clean under.

I started in the summer where temperatures exceeded 100F inside with additional heat of the giant baking machines. No AC, so they had mobile cooling units. These units relied on their water tanks to be constantly filled or they would not produce cold air to keep you cool.

You'd be stuck on the line not able to move because product kept coming and you have to do the operation for that point. You'd be sweating and yelling "hey, I need some water here!" just so you could keep cool and not pass out.

Across the hall was extreme cold. The product, mostly frozen cakes would come down the line at a swift pace. Your label machine would constantly break and you'd have to put another spool on quickly (not an easy task with gloves on) because the product would not stop coming. Think of the "I Love Lucy Show" but 3 times as fast dealing with 20lb hard blocks of frozen cake coming at you…..And at the same time having to move wooden pallets in place and using the power jack to move 1,000lbs of product quickly before the next load was ready. All in a really cold environment.

When they finally gave me my "machine" little did I know I'd be in charge of the whole module of 25 people I'd been working on the line with.

So not only was I in charge of my machine but I also had to manage everyone's lunches, breaks, attendance, performance, and daily inspections of all the other machines. I admit I did get a slight ego boost with the "promotion". It was nice but weird feeling knowing you could tell others what to do. Not the first time for me, but the first time in this type of work.

One engineer was killed by a huge 12x12 cupcake dispensing robot that moved at lighting speed just a few months before I started which kept things in perspective.

I also had to speak and present daily crap in front of 30+ people at shift start meetings. Try to do that when hungover.

I've had lots of manual labor and factory jobs over the years in addition to my administrative ones.

On the surface I say I hate them but deep inside I know I don't have to do them and have options.

Inside I think I secretly enjoy abusing myself with these types of jobs for some reason as some sort of punishment. Why? I don't know. Maybe a shrink could answer that.

But this job??? I quit after nearly 5 months. I literally walked in one day then walked out with my supervisor right there. They kept calling me back for weeks to see if I had changed my mind. But nah…fck that job!

I doubt that most of you here would have survived more than a day at that place.

Travel influenser, Skyrizi theme song writer and Most Handsome

Job choices suck for the uneducated. Poor Jasno.

My password is password

Speaking of uneducated you seem to lack basic reading comprehension. So how's your life as a septic tank cleaner going?

I skimmed your post because you're not that interesting.

My password is password

He had a little meltie there. Is he ok?

My password is password

He's obviously not ok and lives in a land of make-believe with his stupid drawn out stories of pretend kids and other fucking nonsense.

My password is password

Your simping almost gives me a chubby.

That's nice, but it doesn't change that fact that you're a weirdo with the imagination of a 5 year old.

My password is password

You think about 5 year olds a lot don’t you? Don’t you think that’s a bit abnormal?

Yet you’re here. Being interested in uninteresting people reveals deep metal issues. I can help you with this.