Tenet : Peloton instructor slams Tenet unaware that Christopher Nolan is watching

Peloton instructor slams Tenet unaware that Christopher Nolan is watching

Nolan shared this story while accepting the best director award this year from the New York Film Critics Circle.

https://variety.com/2024/film/news/christopher-nolan-film-critics-peloton-coach-panned-him-1235861104/
“Directors have a complex emotional relationship with critics and criticism,” he told the audience during the Jan. 4 ceremony at New York City’s Tao Downtown. “A question we’re always asked is: Do we read reviews? Let’s start with the fact that I’m British. A typical family gathering will involve relatives saying to me, ‘You know, Christopher. You probably shouldn’t open The Guardian today.'”

Nolan summed up his appreciation for film criticism by telling a story about how he was once using his Peloton for a workout class only to have the instructor pan one of his movies. The Oscar nominee did not disclose which film it was, but clearly the Peloton instructor had no idea Nolan was in his virtual class that day.

“I was on my Peloton. I’m dying. And the instructor started talking about one of my films and said, ‘Did anyone see this? That’s a couple hours of my life I’ll never get back again!'” Nolan said. “When [film critic] Rex Reed takes a **** on your film he doesn’t ask you to work out! In today’s world, where opinions are everywhere, there is a sort of idea that film criticism is being democratized, but I for one think the critical appreciation of films shouldn’t be an instinct but it should be a profession.”

Recording of the Peloton instructor's comments:

Re: Peloton instructor slams Tenet unaware that Christopher Nolan is watching

Nolan was pwned and butthurt jump4.gif

You can clean my banana! 🍌

Re: Peloton instructor slams Tenet unaware that Christopher Nolan is watching

He thinks only professional film critics should dare say anything negative about a movie?

That ****** should rub some salve on it and take a good, long walk.

Maybe stop releasing trash if he can't handle getting his sensitive little feelings hurt.

What a fag!

The Lion does not give a fuck. Bring. More. Sheep.