Games: Other Games : Mas "The Voice"' Season 7 (players and coaches, need your input)...

Mas "The Voice"' Season 7 (players and coaches, need your input)...

It's time for another season of Mas "The Voice" game.

I will be looking for 8 players to participate.

How the game works:

1) There will be 4 coaches in the game, who will also act as judges in the game. Each player will have ONE artiste on each coach's team, giving each coach a total of 8 artistes.

2) For the Battle Round, each coach will pair up their artistes beforehand and send to me the pairings. The players will then submit a song from the artistes they have and I will submit the songs to the coach. The coach will then decide who to bring to the next round. They will also get a chance to steal TWO losing artistes from the other coaches' teams.

3) For the Knockouts Round, each coach will pair up their remaining artistes again and same rules like the Battles. The coaches then will get to steal ONE losing artiste to make up their 4 artistes heading to the Top 16.

4) At the Top 16, all the coaches and myself will now score each artiste's submissions. The top 2 scoring artistes from each coach's team will move on to the Top 12. Each coach will then choose one of their two remaining artistes to bring to the Top 12.

5) From Top 12, all the artistes will be scored again and the bottom 2, regardless of which team they are from, will be eliminated. This will continue until the Final 4 where one of the artistes, players and coach will be crowned the winner.

6) For the winning player, they will get an opportunity to join the coaching panel on the next season. And for the last-placed coach, they will be asked to leave the panel unless of the other coaches decides not to be back and they will be given priority in becoming a coach again.

If you're interested, please copy and paste this list.

1)
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)

Re: Mas "The Voice"' Season 7 (Casting Call)...

It's time for another season of Mas "The Voice" game.

I will be looking for 8 players to participate.

How the game works:

1) There will be 4 coaches in the game, who will also act as judges in the game. Each player will have ONE artiste on each coach's team, giving each coach a total of 8 artistes.

2) For the Battle Round, each coach will pair up their artistes beforehand and send to me the pairings. The players will then submit a song from the artistes they have and I will submit the songs to the coach. The coach will then decide who to bring to the next round. They will also get a chance to steal TWO losing artistes from the other coaches' teams.

3) For the Knockouts Round, each coach will pair up their remaining artistes again and same rules like the Battles. The coaches then will get to steal ONE losing artiste to make up their 4 artistes heading to the Top 16.

4) At the Top 16, all the coaches and myself will now score each artiste's submissions. The top 2 scoring artistes from each coach's team will move on to the Top 12. Each coach will then choose one of their two remaining artistes to bring to the Top 12.

5) From Top 12, all the artistes will be scored again and the bottom 2, regardless of which team they are from, will be eliminated. This will continue until the Final 4 where one of the artistes, players and coach will be crowned the winner.

6) For the winning player, they will get an opportunity to join the coaching panel on the next season. And for the last-placed coach, they will be asked to leave the panel unless of the other coaches decides not to be back and they will be given priority in becoming a coach again.

If you're interested, please copy and paste this list.

1) RTF
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)

You can get a look at a good T-Bone Steak by sticking your head up a bull's ass.

1) RTF
2) Angel
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)

I thought you told me that this would make sense, Mas?

1) RTF
2) Angel
3) Martin
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)

I'll just improvise based on whatever needs to be done next, I guess.

She didn't marry your penis... Okay, she didn't only marry your penis.

Lol, you don't understand? oh btw, i forgot to mention that all artistes are kept anonymous and the player behind the artiste is only revealed when the artiste is eliminated. i will reveal more once the 8 players are up.

I kinda get it. I get enough of it to play, and the rest will come to me as I see what happens.

Sure, I've never played this format before.

1) RTF
2) Angel
3) Martin
4) TomcatMurr
5)
6)
7)
8)

I had a blast last time... promise to behave this time

1) RTF
2) Angel
3) Martin
4) TomcatMurr
5) JesseRebel
6)
7)
8)

In Trump We Trust

i hope so, jesse. lol. thanks anyway

1) RTF
2) Angel
3) Martin
4) TomcatMurr
5) JesseRebel
6) Soullimbo
7)
8)

"Does Barry Manilow know that you raid his wardrobe?"

1) RTF
2) Angel
3) Martin
4) TomcatMurr
5) JesseRebel
6) Soullimbo
7) Henry
8)

1 more spot left!

Yeah ok

1) RTF
2) Angel
3) Martin
4) TomcatMurr
5) JesseRebel
6) Soullimbo
7) Henry
8) Emer

Thanks peeps for signing up.

It's now time to choose your artistes.

I need every player to submit a ranked list of 3 names per coach. The highest ranked artiste that's available will be assigned to that coach.

To give you an idea of what the coaches like, each coach has selected their top 10 fav artistes based on the artistes submitted in Season 6.

Coach A:

Britney spears
Janet Jackson
George Michael
Amy Winehouse
Beyonce
Kylie Minogue
Justin Timberlake
Carrie Underwood
Sam hunt
Radiohead

Coach B:

Glass Animals
James Blake
Radiohead
David Bowie
The Decemberists
The Clash
The Weeknd
Motion City Soundtrack
Justin Timberlake
Foxes

Coach C:

Avril Lavigne
Britney Spears
Kelly Clarkson
Amy Winehouse
Sia
The Weekend
Maroon 5
Radiohead
Rihanna
The Temptations

Coach D:

Britney Spears
Blondie
Rihanna
Justin Timberlake
Amy Winehouse
David Bowie
Desinty's Child
Radio Head
JLO
Kylie Minogue

Here's the list of artistes that have been used in Season 6. You can't use any of these artistes for this season.

Take note, you will only be sending songs that are solely sung by them in your submission. It cannot be a duet. If it's a song with very minimal backing tracks or parts by others, it is allowed. A song by a singer feat a producer or musicians like Mark Ronson, Avicii, Daft Punk, etc. are allowed as long only the singer is in the song. E.g. Sia is allowed to submit Titanium even though she is considered a featured artiste as only her vocals is in it.

Amy Winehouse 
Avril Lavigne 
Beyonce 
Blondie 
Britney Spears 
Carrie Underwood 
Chris Cornell 
Chris Stapleton 
David Bowie 
Destiny's Child 
Foxes 
George Michael 
Glass Animals 
James Arthur 
James Blake 
Janet Jackson 
Jennifer Lopez 
Justin Timberlake 
Kelly Clarkson 
Kylie Minogue 
Lady Gaga & Tony Bennett 
Maroon 5 
Motion City Soundtrack 
New Order 
Paul Simon 
Pearl Jam 
Radiohead 
Rihanna 
Sam Hunt 
Sia 
Talking Heads
The Clash 
The Decemberists 
The Temptations 
The Weeknd 
Yes 

Remember, please send 3 artistes per coach unless you are very sure your artiste won't be send by anyone. I will inform you of the artistes you get once everybody has submitted. Remember, you are not allowed to disclose which artiste you are having until I reveal them in the event that they are eliminated.

Wait are we sending artists with a link to a song or just an artist? And send 3? Shouldn't it be if I pick an artist first its mine?

I feel this is different than last season....

In Trump We Trust

just an artiste, sending the submission link will be later.

and u send 3 cos as a backup, if u submit first then you will get first dibs on the artiste. not much diff actually. i didn't ask u to send first cos you might not know which artiste you get yet. once the confirmed list is out, then i will ask you all to send the link

Do they have to be singers or have singers in the band? This is called "The Voice," I know, but I want to check all the same.

It can be solo artistes or vocal groups or bands.

Take a look at last season's artistes to get an idea all the different artises. Just remember you can't use any of them.

I also forgot to mention that the previous 5 seasons winners can't be used too.

They are:

Goo Goo Dolls
Muse
Lana del Ray
No Doubt
Adele

Need RTF, Angel and Tomcat to submit their songs.

Do you mean artists? Because I haven't submitted any songs yet.

Artists or songs? LOL

In Trump We Trust

Yup, artistes. Sorry about that.

Working on it now. I'll send them soon.

Sorry for the lack of updates, peeps. Been really busy these few days. I need one player to submit more artistes as their picks were taken so once the player gets back to me, I will reveal who the coaches are plus their lineup. Thanks and enjoy the weekend.

It's time now to reveal the coaches for Season 7.

Coach A is the winner among the players, bringing Avril Lavigne to the winner's circle. On his first stint as a coach, would he be able to win it this time as a coach? Please welcome Coach Turner!

Coach B is a returning coach. He served on the panel for the first 4 seasons, being the runner-up for the first 3 times. Finally back to retry for the winning position, please welcome Coach Nat!

Coach C has won both as a player and a coach. Our longest-serving coach, being on the panel for the 6th consecutive time, please welcome Coach Jess!

Coach D has won as a player before but still seeking to win for the first time as a coach. He brought 2 of his artistes to the finale in Season 5. Our 3-time coach, please welcome Coach Harley!

Before I reveal the lineup of artistes for each coach, here's a little history of the winners for the past 6 seasons!

Season / Artiste / Player / Coach

Season 1 / Goo Goo Dolls / Jess / Eric (ewitty)
Season 2 / Muse / Tara / Jess
Season 3 / Lana Del Ray / Russ / Cindy
Season 4 / No Doubt / Harley / Javi
Season 5 / Adele / Henry / Javi
Season 6 / Avril Lavigne / Turner / Javi

So, who will take the crown this time? It's time to start off Season 7!

Here is the lineup of artistes for each coach's team!

Coach Turner:
Ellie Goulding
The Jam
Laleh
Madonna
Miranda Lambert
Old Dominion
Shirley Bassey
Whitney Houston

Coach Nat:
Bat for Lashes
Blur
Bruce Springsteen
The Killers
Mariah Carey
Rita Coolidge
The Rolling Stones
The Who

Coach Jess:
Cher
Duran Duran
Kyla La Grange
Martina McBride
Michael Jackson
Pink
Paramore
Squeeze

Coach Harley:
Carly Rae Jepsen
Christina Aguilera
Coldplay
Lady Gaga
Paul McCartney
The Police
Sandi Patty
Third Eye Blind

So, this is what I need from the coaches and players respectively!

Coaches, I need you to pair-up your artistes and send the list to me.

Players, I need you to send a song from the artistes you represent. Take note that you are not allowed to reveal which artistes you are representing until I reveal them in the event that they are eliminated. The song must be a song that has only their vocals. It doesn't have to be a song that comes from their album. It could be a cover that they done as a performance on a show.

Any questions, do either ask here or PM me. thanks.

Boo! The two artists I really wanted are gone. That sucks.

My team looks good. <3

Y'all suck

"I am not a stud. I’m a boyfriend. I love love and I cuddle for enjoyment."

This game will be a lot of fun

Waiting for Turner and Harley to send their pairings. Thanks.

I liked every thing that was sent to me this round great job!!!

Battle Round ~ TEAM JESS

It's time now to find out who moves on to the Knockouts.

We will start with Team Jess!

1) Paramore - "Misguided Ghosts"

Jess: I miss Paramore. :( When are they going to release a new album? ugh it seems like it has been forever. Anyways, I really love this song. Haley has a pretty voice and I like the lyrics to this.

vs Squeeze - "Cool For Cats"

Jess: Oh gah, this one was very annoying.

Winner: Easy choice. The winner is Paramore

2) Kyla La Grange - "Been Better"

Jess: This sounds familiar, but I am not sure if I have heard it before. I really like this though and I will probably end up listening to it again soon.

vs Michael Jackson - "You Rock My World"

Jess: Not my fave MJ song, but still a good one.

Winner: Both of you did great and I hope the one that I don't pick, will get stolen. The winner is Michael Jackson. He is a legend and has sooooooo many more good songs so I think I need to keep him around.

3) Cher - "I Found Someone"

Jess:Cher Goddess <333 I really like this song.

vs. Martina McBride - "A Broken Wing"

Jess: This was my favorite song back in the day. I remember I had the CD and I would listen to this over and over. lol Martina is such a good singer and this song is really depressing, but a good one.

Winner: This one was hard for me. I love both artists and songs, but I have to think about who has a better chance of going far in the competition and I think that person is Cher .

4) Duran Duran - "A View to a Kill"

I don't really care too much for this one. Not a big Duran Duran fan. Sorry.

vs. Pink - "Try"

One of my fave Pink songs. I like the lyrics and it's catchy. Good choice!

Winner: This one is easy. Pink is the winner.

Re: Battle Round ~ TEAM TURNER

We will now move on to Team Turner!

1) 1) Ellie Goulding - "My Blood"

Turner: first of all thank you for choosing her for my team she is great I think the song was great as well I am glad you didn't pick one of her better songs for the earlier rounds well done.

Vs. The Jam - "That's Entertainment"

Turner: I have never heard of this band however I think this was actually very good I will look into more of there music.

Winner: ellie goulding I think she would appeal to the other judges more then the jam would so that's why I am picking her.

2) 2) Laleh - "Speaking of Truth"

Turner: this was actually very nice I will have to look at more of her music I think she is very talented

Vs. Madonna - "Material Girl"

Turner: my queen!! She is the queen of pop for a reason I love this song as well great pick I Am so happy you are on my team.

Winner: this one is easy Madonna leleh you were good as well but you are no Madonna sorry.

3) Miranda Lambert - "Bathroom Sink"

Turner: I love Miranda you picked a great song as well this could be my favorite song on the platinum album.

Vs. Old Dominion - "Crazy Beautiful Sexy"

Turner: I liked this as well but my main problem is ods lack of songs they are a new artist I don't think you have enough songs to send

Winner: easy Miranda Lambert she is great and has a lot of great songs to send.

4) Shirley Bassey - "Moonraker"

Turner: she isn't as big here as in other countries the only big hit here in the states was that James bond one I do think this song was good but I don't think you have long term potential

Vs. Whitney Houston - "I Have Nothing"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxYw0XPEoKE

Turner: I love this song you did pick one of her better hits you need to be careful you need to save some of her best songs for the later rounds but great job.

Winner: Whitney has more long term potential in this game and her song was better then Shirley"s so Whitney is the clear winner for me.

Battle Round ~ TEAM NAT

Next up is Team Nat!

1) The Killers - "Runaways"

Nat: So here's the thing and I'm going to be honest here. My pairings were very strategic as they should be. The Killers is one of my favorite bands of all time. Have been since high school. So of all the questionable artists people picked for me, this one stands out as the best one. At least for now. I love this song like I love all their songs. You could send my least favorite song by them and I'd still like it. I just really like The Killers.

vs. Mariah Carey - "Touch My Body"

Nat: Read everything I wrote for The Killers and apply the opposite here. I don't listen to Mariah Carey or really anything in the same ballpark. It's just not my thing. But I realize with this judging panel, she might be very popular. I've never won this series and honestly, I would be surprised if that changed with this panel. So I could play it strategic and pick who I think would do better or I could pick who I like more. My choice will reflect that.

Winner: The Killers

2) Bat for Lashes - "Joe's Dream"

Nat: I don't think I've listened to her much before. This is by far the most intriguing artist I have for sure. I'm all for listening to new artists or bands that I end up enjoying. Maybe even more than ones that I already know and love. This is just lovely. It feels so floaty, I guess. Not sure if that's a word. Better than what I was expecting. I'm going to refrain from listening to more of her songs to hear them when you send them in assuming you stick around. Hopefully you do unless I happen to really like Rita Coolidge and no one picks you up.

vs. Rita Coolidge - "All Time High"

Nat: This is certainly an outside of the box pick. The theme song from Octopussy. I don't know, bud. I'm just not that into it.

Winner: Bat for Lashes

3) Blur - "She's So High"

Nat: Another interesting one. I assume you're saving Song 2? Because that's the only song of theirs I can name off the top of my head. These last two pairings, I don't have a solid idea of who I want to move forward. They're all in order of easiest choice to hardest choice. One thing I have to consider is if their discography is substantial enough to carry them throughout the duration of the game. With Blur, I'm not sure if I'm familiar with a lot of their songs. For all I know, they could have a lot of good songs. This one was pretty good. If they get better, I might be able to justify moving you forward.

vs. The Rolling Stones - "Beast of Burden"

Nat: I really like the Rolling Stones. They certainly have a lot of songs you can pick from and get a good review. This is a pretty cool song. It's a hard choice between you and Blur.

Winner: The Rolling Stones

4) Bruce Springsteen - "Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out"

Nat: I like Springsteen. Do I like him enough to keep you on my team? Do I like this song enough? I'm honestly not sure because I like The Who about the same amount too. This is a solid song though and I can tell you're saving the big guns for later.

vs. The Who - "The Seeker"

Nat: I often forget how much I like The Who. This song especially. It's a good one. That about sums it up.

Winner: The Who.........

Re: Battle Round ~ TEAM HARLEY

And to wrap things up, here's Team Harley!

1) Carley Rae Jepsen - "Tug of War"

Harley: A lot of people say that her album is a pop treat but I don't particularly care about her. Her voice is a bit boring, lacks any kind of emotion and reminds me a bit of Selena Gomez (just with less impressive beats). This song isn't bad but it's not something that makes me excited about having you in my team.

Vs. Lady Gaga - "Alejandro"

Harley: I remember when the video to this song dropped. She was at the height of her popularity and imo this is a great song. This is old school Lady Gaga, it doesn't come across as polarising as her art pop era which is a good thing.

Winner: I'm going to have to take Lady Gaga through on this round simply because she is more promising than Carley.

2) Christina Aguilera - "You Lost Me"

Harley: I've never really been a Xtina fan and this is arguably the album that really put a spanner into her career. If I remember correctly this was the second single and it didn't do to well. Saying that, why? It's a good little ballad from her and she has always done them well. Good choice and nice to see you haven't sent one of her great songs so we save them for the rest of the competition.

Vs Third Eye Blind - "Wounded"

Harley: Not gonna lie, I have no idea who these people are but I didn't hate this song. It's not really my style of music but it's cool. It does have this hint of annoying Americanised soft rock-pop thing going on which I hate.

Winner: I'm going to have to take Xtina with me here simply because I know what to expect which would make me think TEB are not really gonna perform amazingly in my team cause I won't be much help.

3) Coldplay - "Fix You"

Harley: lol I actually hate Coldplay but I like some of their songs. I find them super mopey and sad. Chris has always annoyed. However this song is one of their best, which is sad because you should've maybe of saved it for a future round but I understand you need to feel the playing fields.

Vs Sandi Patty - "Make His Praise Glorious"

Harley: Lol idk what this is, I did my parings without doing my research which is why this one is completely random and oh lord I am not really feeling it. Each to their own, but you can probably keep this one.

Winner: Coldplay obviously.

4) Paul McCartney - "Live & Let Die"

Harley: Why Paul and not the Beatles? I mean this song is iconic for the obvious reasons. Great music and it's probably been used in every TV show known to man so it has got cheesier over time but it's still...cool. I don't love Paul but I respect him as an artist and the last surviving member of One Direction. Also a lot of my fave tracks with Paul are collaborations which you can't use.

vs. The Police - "King of Pain"

Harley: Similar to Paul, I don't particularly like Sting but I do like The Police. However...do they have enough material to get us through to the end? I liked this song tbh. Last season Blondie did incredibly well and you defo have the chance to mimic that success.

Winner: this was the hardest decision but I'm gonna go with my gut which is to take Paul into the next round.

All coaches have selected the 4 artistes to move on to the Knockouts but there are still two more slots available for each coach.

And thus, it is STEAL TIME!

Each coach needs to send me a ranked list of 5 artistes to steal from the pool of losing artistes from the other coaches team.

If more than one coach selects the same artiste, the player will be informed through PM and they will inform me which coach they want to join.

Hope to get the lists from the coaches soon and I will post the updated coaches teams once all are in!

I will then reveal the players behind the eliminated artistes so please don't reveal yourself. Thanks.

I predicted every choice. It's always the same old tune. lol

I also predicted you would say this again lol

I know Turner is gonna try and come for my steals and if he does...sorry but...I don't know him.

Pick me. I am the better coach not my fault Adele and Siri Spears messed up my Amy Winehouse and Beyonce final!

"Everyone is doing emails these days" - Britney Spears, 1999

And here are the updated teams with the steals

Team Turner:
Ellie Goulding
Madonna
Miranda Lambert
Whitney Houston
Bruce Springsteen (STEAL)
The Police (STEAL)

Team Nat:
Bat for Lashes
The Killers
The Rolling Stones
The Who
Kyla La Grange (STEAL)
Laleh (STEAL)

Team Jess:
Cher
Michael Jackson
Paramore
Pink
Carly Rae Jepsen (STEAL)
Third Eye Blind (STEAL)

Team Harley:
Christina Aguilera
Coldplay
Lady Gaga
Paul McCartney
Mariah Carey (STEAL)
Blur (STEAL)

That also means the following 8 artistes are eliminated. I will also reveal the player behind each of them.

Duran Duran - Martin
Martina McBride - RTF
Old Dominion - RTF
Rita Coolidge - Martin
Sandi Patty - RTF
Shirley Bassey - Martin
Squeeze - Pete
The Jam - Pete

These are the number of artistes each player has.

4 artistes - Angel, Emer, Henry, Jesse, Tomcat
2 artistes - Pete
1 artiste - Martin, RTF

Coaches, I again need a pairing between your remaining 6 artistes.

Players, I need another song from you for the Knockouts.

Each coach will also have ONE last steal to make their Team heading to the Top 16 after results are revealed.

Waiting on Turner to give me his pairings.

Waiting on RTF and Tomcat for their songs.

Sent by the way all of the other coaches have never won as a coach this is my first time as a coach I promise i won't let you down every wild card should always pick me it would be the best decision you ever made.

Jess won as a coach

Yeah but not for awhile is wolf excited to listen to pop stars

Oh yeah, I'm pumped lol

Waiting on Turner and Harley for their picks

Sent x