Games: Other Games : MURRCHER IDOL 2: AGE OF THE MERMICORNS (Final 3 theme posted)

Re: Round Eiate Resultz

I'm sure there'll be a lot of Meh, what?? Christmas!! It's not Christmas anymore. MLEH. Bad. Frowny face. No like. Regardless, I sent the best thing I've ever heard her sing. MLeh.

Be glad you weren't challenging me. I would have said Jun Togawa for the lulz.

"A passionate celibacy is all that any of us can look forward to."

Who dat, Martin?

Hey Murr, what's the timetable for this Warrior Card duel and results?

She's a J-Pop singer. She's sung with several groups, most notably Yapoos, Susumu Hirasawa, and my personal favorite, Guernica.

One moment, she's doing this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1M53sy_4Nbk

And then this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y85NmRlvgZE

And then THIS: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JbQoj7zvXw

I thought it would be funny to subject the judges to her and see what happened.

Hmmm, so that's J-Pop.

What's going on here, Martin? Are you creating a hybridized character wherein George Smiley takes on Martin Stett and George Smiley's face wins?? C'mon! Where's a bonny right photo of Harrison Ford for us?

Charlotte Church is a dick lol and the guy she was with for a long time is an even bigger dick, Gavin Henson. Very arrogant.

#VivaLaBull - Even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

Tell us more, you insider Brit type, you.

I can't. A superinjunction was taken out against me 😶

STOP THE PRESSES

Haha, nice. 😶 Hey Neil, remember the beginning of this thread where I was asking a zillion questions on how to play this game? Well, check this out:

"Re: MURRCHER IDOL 2: AGE OF THE MERMICORNS
image for user TomcatMurr
by TomcatMurr » Mon Dec 26 2016 16:47:12 Flag ▼ | Reply |
IMDb member since July 2009

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1) For those of us who really don't know, every round you post a theme and each player submits an already existent song that fits that theme and we don't have to sing it or anything? Genuinely, the Idol part flummoxed me.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yep. Youtube (preferred), Dailymotion, Vimeo... any common video hosting site - find the song you want, as performed by the artist of your choosing, and PM it to whichever of us is hosting that round."

I guess that should have been more like Yep, but at anytime we may turn the entire game on its head for a judge's bestest, bestest board friend.

Re: STOP THE PRESSES

Murr approved her song, not me. But I assure you that if you want to write and record your own song for a theme we will accept it.

Taco Coma

"But I assure you that if you want to write and record your own song for a theme we will accept it."

Okay, do-over, since that's the opposite of what I was told and what was posted.

Yeahhhh, mutha fuvka. I have stolen your song. You know who you are!!! 😙

I'm not sure what you are complaining about, really, but take it up with Murr. He approved Kathy's song. I don't have say once he sends me the songs.

Taco Coma

I DIDN'T DO ANYTHING!!!

I'm a thief, a THIEF! I should be arrested and locked up for all eternity but I'm roaming the streets, taking what I please because I, CAN!

Sunflower, pull up a chair and tell Bull the problem.

Lmao Sunflower you legit have too much time on your hand to complain. Here I thought you were going to be one of those fun badass newbies and you turn into a insufferable troll. No one has ever done what I did, it's always been youtube songs people send in. I'm sure Murr didn't think someone would do this but never would have banned it.

And you can save your paragraph, I really don't care.

👜 #briapurseclub 👜

No one has ever done what I did, it's always been youtube songs people send in. I'm sure Murr didn't think someone would do this but never would have banned it.

Wut? Did I miss something?

If you read the comments for other people's songs, you would see that Kathy wrote, sang, and recorded her own song, dedicated to me for the non-linear theme.

Taco Coma

I heard it. It's cute but it was awful. How did she not get booted for that?

In Trump We Trust

People read other people's comments? WHAT?!!!!

Omg I must check it out.

People read other people's comments? WHAT?!!!!

Omg I must check it out.

I usually do, I often read threads for idol games I'm not in too, I just like that kind of stuff. I know Murr does as well. But I know some people just skim theirs.

Taco Coma

We didn't critique her voice...we respected the amount of effort she put into making and uploading that. Plus, her song actually was non-linear, so it fit the theme better than half the other songs of the round.

Taco Coma

Lol we could get into a big debate over this but lets not. I mean sure it's cute, effort was put in, but at the end of the day it's about song quality and it's....bad so I would have to say it should have probably came last. I mean, had some stranger sent that you'd be saying WTF?!?!?! but because it's Kathy, it's a great laugh and she gets a good score lol.

What you should be saying is "you are amazing, this is amazing-ly awful and I love you but gurl, I cannot give this a good score, but it is still amazing!!! GODDESS <3"

That's nice, but you aren't the judge here.

And actually, if a stranger wrote a song about me, I'd probably still score it pretty highly. I'm kind of a narcissist.

Taco Coma

I'm kind of a narcissist.

Aka why I picked to write it about you <3

👜 #briapurseclub 👜

So if this coming round I decide to sing a song really badly, you will reward that? I don't believe so, cos it's me, someone you don't like, but Kathy does it, she'll get rewarded lol see my point? We're now awarding people based on friendship, mmhmmmm. Yeah I'm being a pain but that's me

It's always been about quality. Yeah it's fun what she did, but it shouldn't be rewarded, because it's not of high quality. Where does it stop? What happens if we all decide to start singing our songs? When do you begin to take quality into consideration?

Anyway I'm not saying any more. It's a cute song and a good laugh, but there are facctors being taken into account that shouldn't be. The fact is that if a stranger submitted it, no way is it getting whatever it got.

It was the fact that a person wrote a song, and that the song was about me. I already said if a stranger somehow wrote a song about me, it would get rated highly too. I doubt that you are all going to start sending songs you recorded yourself, but be my guest if you want to. I assure you, the scoring of it was more so based on "wow, someone put a lot of effort into this, and also, it's fun and about CHERRY" than it was AMG THIS IS KATHY, A+++ TO EVERYTHING SHE DOES. It's not even like she got the highest score of the round...she wasn't even in the top 3. Top 4 really, since there was a tie.

You guys are just looking for things to complain about.

Taco Coma

I've legit been in the bottom 2-3 the entire game LOL. RIGGING for me clearly.

👜 #briapurseclub 👜

You haven't been cut. People are here posting that you should have gotten the boot for the song you made for Cherry, if not sooner, but you're still in this game. Seven people have been cut, but not you. Perhaps people are annoyed and think you'll go all the way to the end, being favored like this.

And with regards to how you continually insult people here and assail their use of their time, even chiding posters that they should PM you so that you can give them purpose and some ways to better spend their time, you might want to think about how behaving so insultingly and judgmentally toward other human beings may not be the best use of your time.

I wouldn't normally argue so strongly about it. I mean I still believe what I believe, that the song was of low quality, therefore shouldn't have gotten such a good score and the fact it did was purely down to who made ths song.

It wouldn't bother me so much but for the fact I was recently in a disagreement with our hostess and Kathy jumped in to only tell me to shut up, not both parties when we both needed to shut up. I'm all about equality and fairness but there's a lot of instances on IMDb when you get treated a certain way because of who you are. It is what it is. There are cliques here and there is favourtism and different rules for different people.

Neil, I think you vacuumed your last post out of my brain; maybe I am you, after all. This part:

"There are cliques here and there is favourtism and different rules for different people."

Hear, hear.

And Martin, omg, Nathan Fillion in a bonnet. I'd meant bonny as in attractive; I don't think I used it correctly, though. I've been having an anglophile Sunday.

Neil, do I need to keep reminding you guys that this is not MY game? Murr has equal say in everything, Murr judges the songs too...you can tell by his comments that he enjoyed Kathy's song, and in order for the song to do well it would have to receive a good score from BOTH of us.

I feel like you guys are making assumptions that are based on your own feelings. Just because you assume Kathy gets something because she is Kathy doesn't make that a true statement. If any one of you wrote a song about me and recorded yourself singing it you would probably get a nice score.

Taco Coma

Lol course I am including Murr in this. He's part of the group but I'm particularly tlking about you. I'm not saying it's rigged. Just saying it's more so about friendships than the actual song content. Lol when things like this happen and it sparks a huge debate. Nothing is ever cut and dry.

Oh so we would "probably" get a good score. So what is the difference between certainly getting a good score and probably? Friendship? How much you like the person? Why probably? Shouldn't we all get a good score, because you know us and we put the effort in, as was the case with Kathy? Probably, smh lol.

Oh so we would "probably" get a good score. So what is the difference between certainly getting a good score and probably? Friendship? How much you like the person? Why probably? Shouldn't we all get a good score, because you know us and we put the effort in, as was the case with Kathy? Probably, smh lol.

The reason I said probably was because if I said definitely one of you might write a MEAN song about me, which would hurt my feelings, and therefore not receive a good score. I really don't understand why you guys think this is a Kathy thing. Anyone is welcome to write a nice song about me.

As for divulging our exact scores, we try not to do that, but here's a hint, we're both scoring out of 10 points. So if a song scores 17 points, that means it received either a 7 and a 10 (and a 7 is a pretty good score), or an 8 and a 9. Math, kids!

Neil, as for your story...I read it when you posted it. I was laying in bed, on my phone, and I didn't have an immediate response to it. Sometimes it's really not that personal, I read something and don't have time to reply, or don't have a thought at the moment.

Taco Coma

If you want to put this off on Murr, then why don't you post the breakdowns of what scores you've given and what scores he's given? Those are facts, not feelings, right?

"If any one of you wrote a song about me and recorded yourself singing it you would probably get a nice score."

I asked about that before the game started. Please see the above copy and paste of Murr's response, or see his Mon Dec 26 2016 16:47:12 post for the original. You keep two-stepping around what has actually happened, so I understand you'll continue to disregard how the rules were laid out for us, as well as every other valid point that Neil, Jesse and I have made.

I'm sorry. I wouldn't make a big fuss but for feeling ostracised at times. It's annoying. You lot probably don't even realise you're doing it. For instance, yesterday I spent a while typing up a "lulz thing" to share with you, and it got completely overlooked. Murr then posts some picture and you comment on that. It's little things like this that piss me off. It's a clique mentality. Maybe you aren't doing it on purpose, but it happens. I write a whole story out and get nothing, Murr pastes a picture and gets a comment? "I'm not gonna reply to him, but I'll reply to my chum". That and the Kathy thing I mentoned before. You lot are annoying like that. always tell myself to not bother. Then I forget and make the same mistake over again.

That stinks, Neil. I hadn't looked at that thread until now, and it looks like you took down your post. I know I'm not the one you were posting it to, but send me your story, if you want to and if it's not too much trouble. After all, you are the person who taught me what "hundreds and thousands" are.

1.) I never said you couldn't submit a song you sing/record, only that you don't "have to". Other people have in idol games have before, it's just very rare (I think I've only seen 1 or 2 people do it before). But the question was posed as "and we don't have to sing it..." To be fair, I should've been more clear on that - my apologies, sincerely. It didn't occur to me that someone would actually want to do that. But I was responding to the question about what people "have to" do, not what they *can* do - at least that's how I took the question, and my apologies if I misinterpreted that. Again, I'm sorry for that - it didn't occur to me that anyone would want to do that, so it didn't seem relevant, and certainly isn't something people "have to" do in these games. My apologies.

2.) I scored *at least* half the other songs as high, if not higher, than Kathy's. In Kathy's case, I'm sure Cherry scored partially based on flattery, sure... but so what? Kathy's song, while not the most amazing song of all time, was entertaining. Again, we are not Berklee professors judging these songs based on some objective merit, for their high artistic integrity... we're judging them based on how much we enjoy them in the moment we're listening to them. Just as I enjoy both Citizen Kane and Twilight, both Dostoevsky and Ann Brashares, both Ravel and the odd Justin Bieber song ("Baby" is legit a great song), etc... "enjoyment" can come from many places. Kathy's was entertaining, if not a masterful work of artistic greatness. If we were judging objectively, Pete actually did submit a pop masterpiece, and he should've gotten a great score... unfortunately, Cherry and I personally didn't find it that enjoyable. It's a game, supposed to be pure entertainment, we are not giving any prizes to the winner of this game. If you win, we'll say congrats and 3 or 4 people will post to congratulate you, then the thread will die. Really not a big deal.

3.) Let's be honest, Kathy will probably be eliminated this round, anyway. <3 Kathy. Sunflower has consistently, except for like 2 rounds, scored really high - she's done better than Kathy overall (I've even joked in my comments that I'm amazed Kathy has made it so far).

4.) I don't even read half the posts on this board (sorry, everyone). I'm horrible at responding to PMs (still have to respond to like 5 people... some going on a week or so now... I'm just coming down from a week long migraine/cold combo, so my apologies). I ignore Cherry in most threads - Neil, I've probably had more full-on conversations with you on this board than I have with Cherry. It's not a deliberate thing, I just respond to whatever piques my interest or whatever I have something to add to. It's funny how everyone, INCLUDING CHERRY, finds the time to bitch at me for ignoring them. Everyone lives in their own bubble of reality and sees what they want to see, myself included (but at least I realize my perceptions might be self-centered, and tend to bite my tongue about it). Neil, you get more responses from Mets (who I love and who should talk to meeeeee!) than I do... cliquey? No - people just respond when they have something to say, and we all have different frames of reference/topics that interest us.

5.) It's a GAME. Everyone needs to chill out. Me needing to do this tl;dr crap for a game - without it being sarcastic/tongue-in-cheek - is ridiculous.

6.) I'm home and sending the duel songs to Cherry/judging them myself right now.

Hmmm, where's Kathy to chide you for writing another "novel"? Oh right, that's me she does that to. Hilar.

See how that works? Yeah, it's a game, but it's also people's feelings, and I'm glad things got said because, for example, it's absolute rot that things came to a point where Neil deleted his lulz post, and it's a good thing that he spoke his mind so you could let him know that you've been more interested in conversing with him than with most. Other stuff too.

No, that's Jun Togawa. J-Pop tends to be more poppy and less high on crack.

And I have no pictures of Harrison Ford in a bonnet. I can get Nathan Fillion, though.

http://www.themarysue.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/Floral-Bonnet.jpg

Hey Murr, what's the timetable for this Warrior Card duel and results?

When I get Kathy's song. It's only 2 songs, so I'd hope "we'd" be able to do it quickly.

Charlotte Church as in that Welsh singer?

No, the spider who grew up in a convent /sarc

Of course her! Tom Jones' great niece. 😊

Don't sass me, Halo! I will flick your ear lobe! 😇

Spent 5 minutes on this round . Happy getting to this point. Anything else is a bonus.

The duel should be fun. Bull Idol flashbacks lol. Murr present it in that style please

Survival Duel:

🇨🇦 Canada (alrmwoo) V (SweetSunflower) USA 🇺🇸

Is she USA? I'm assuming lol.

"When I get Kathy's song. It's only 2 songs, so I'd hope "we'd" be able to do it quickly."

indeed. It was an interesting theme, because my instinct was: Oh look, songs I love that are being sung here by Charlotte Church, so they fit the challenge perfectly! And then I listened to them and was like: What is she doing to Imagine and what did John Lennon ever do to her?? 😵 Make it stop, MAKE IT STOP!!

So ultimately, I went with what she does best: sing flawlessly with that exceptional voice.

Duel Results

Survival Duel:

🇩🇯 Djibouti (alrmwoo) V (SweetSunflower) Christmas Islands 🇨🇽

Sunflower
Charlotte Church - O Holy Night
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUjJi0l_hOY

Cherry: Glad there are only two songs to listen to, since this is not really my thing at all. I'm not a fan of voices like this really, like I know she is a really gifted singer and whatever, but my Philistine ears are not fans. It does work for a church song (lolz and her name is Church!) and I really like this song, so that was a good choice. Actually watching her, it's kind of crazy, because she looks like a teenager here, but if I just heard her voice I'd guess she was like, a 40 year old opera singer.

Murr: So, is she a pop singer, and opera singer, or a popera singer? I've heard of her, but never listened to her. I like the way she bends the pitch of her voice a little off key at times, and gradually bends in or out of key. Nice rendition of a classic.

Kathy
Charlotte Church - Pie Jesu
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhSzH1-imEQ

Okay her voice is a bit too shrill here. I understand it's great for what it is, but this just is not my thing. There are times when I kind of want to cover my ears when her voice gets too high. This video is lulz btw, like it looks like she's somehow in the 70's, and the background looks like it's school picture day, and she just started SINGING.

Murr: This is different than the version I know, but it's lovely. It's all dreamy and stuff. The vibrato in her voice is great here, and with the arrangement, it sounds all floaty. I was kind of wary of this theme, but I admit - both submissions are actually really good. The dreaminess gives this one a slight edge, though.

The winner, with a score of 14.5, is Sunflower! Congrats, you're moving on!

Which means the loser, with a score of 12.5, is Kathy Lavigne! Sorry Katheter, but Cherry thinks you're the worst and hates you. You sent some surprisingly really great songs this game, including perhaps the most daring submission of the game, and the most controversial submission. Lulz. Thanks for playing!

Re: Duel Results

Just because you assume Kathy gets something because she is Kathy doesn't make that a true statement.

It's funny, someone who I had a big feud with a while back took it upon himself to write me a long apology a few months ago and in the apology he admitted to how he was always blaming me for things that I didn't really do, just based on jealousy because I find ways to win things. I was never going to forgive that person when I left this summer, but I have to admit it felt nice for once that someone looked at me as me and not as this Queen Clique they built me up to be. I'm a pretty nice and approachable person but I'm human and just like Neil, I pop off when I don't like something.

Anyways

1- Thank God I'm out of this game. I hate when idol games get this serious and drama filled for no reason. It wasn't fun coming in this thread anymore and I was just trying to have fun with it and send funny songs.

2- There's no set rule how you judge songs. Someone like Neil who's been here ions should know this. If a song is bad but makes me laugh, it will usually get a good score from me too. I hate a lot of bands and artists that other people like. Queen is gross, Coldplay is gross, John Mayer is gross, etc etc etc. I would rank my song higher than any of them and would obviously get crucified by Siskel & Ebert.

2- Neil, if you're still salty over that and don't want to PM about it, let me respond on here. My frustration with you that day came because every time I would be active in the last few months, I would get a PM from you and it was 85% of the time about people you hate who bother you. I'm done with all that. If I don't like someone on here, I will simply ignore them or have a short banter and move on. I refuse to get dragged into things that will make me upset when it comes to IMDb. I replied as someone who hosted a lot and you were annoying me with how you were being with the hosts. Naturally you got butt hurt because any time I don't coddle you, I'm a big bully trying to ruin your future. It gets intense and I'm over it.

3- Sunflower, I just wanted to save you the time. I liked you when I saw you in the Survivor game but then you started throwing accusations around towards Henry, one of the most amazing and honest hosts on here. Then in this game, again here you are attacking the hosts. It gets tiredsome. I'm allowed to voice my opinion, it's not that serious. Feel free to ignore it, won't hurt my feelings.

4- *beep* me for trying to be funny and causing the hosts so much headache. I'm glad yall had fun with it, and Nat, Turner and Tom too. At least we had a good laugh to counter all this nonsense drama. I will be sure to make my next hit about this ridiculness.

5- Jesse good luck, I hope you win.

Toodaloo sensitive mofos.

Martin 😍

👜 #briapurseclub 👜

Lol at hoping Jesse wins. Now who's salty? . Bye.

Salty over what? You chose to not talk to me anymore because I told you to *beep* up. We're in our 30's for crying out loud. I'd never unfriend someone over that. Grow a backbone. I'm not salty at alI. I picked the worst song I could find just to be eliminated from this shyt Show.

👜 #briapurseclub 👜