Games: Other Games : MURRCHER IDOL 2: AGE OF THE MERMICORNS (Final 3 theme posted)

Re: ROUND TWO RESULTS

Sorry to harp on, but would it be possible to aim for a round every 3 days? This is the 5th day now lol. Seems doable since there's only two judges and would keep the game moving at a decent pace. At this rate, it'll still be going in March lol

#VivaLaBull - Even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

I kinda literally want to wait two more days to post because you annoyed me.

Taco Coma

It was a weekend, so I don't see any reason to be getting on the hosts over time when it is traditionally a couple of days off.

She didn't marry your penis... Okay, she didn't only marry your penis.

Lol well that's not my problem. I didn't bitch or demand results. I simply suggested 3 days because this is a bit silly, you have to admit. Plus you were playing Survivor last night so you can't use the "I've not had time" card. Idol games without momentum are just a drag. 3 days is ample time for 2 people.

What happened to the days before the weekend, Martin? This is the 5th day. No update, no anything. I don't think I'm out of line for enquiring. I didn't do it in a douchey way either.

I'm not arguing here, maybe I was a little snarky, sorry if it came across that way.

Hmm. You're right, there were two days before the weekend. I haven't been paying attention. An update would be appreciated.

It didn't come off as snarky or bitchy at all, Neil.

Re: ROUND THREE RESULTS

Xtina celine and patti were sent😍

Scores! The winner of this round will receive this (honestly kind of terrifying xoxo) Mermicorn card, which allows you to add 3 points to your score in whatever round of your choosing. http://imgur.com/FRtiqrF The winner of the card, with a score of 16 points is Pete! Congratulations!

Here are the rest of the scores:

14.5 Neil! and Tammy!

13 Sunflower and Martin

11.5 Mas and Thanny

11 Eric and Dana

9.5 Kathy

8 Jesse

MURRCHERLIMINATED: 6 RTF. Lolz. I am sure you are not totally surprised, as you have a penchant for not quite succeeding in these games. Thank you so much for playing though! <3

Murr will post your next theme, whenever. He might be too busy being "silly" or something.

Taco Coma

Who is trolling the game?!

In Trump We Trust

if the two of us sometimes don't have this game as our top priority in life.

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/glee/images/2/20/HowDareYou.gif/revision/latest?cb=20130410175335

I already knew you kind of had terrible taste in music though, it’s fitting with you being terrible in general

Go sit on a unicorn

THEIR HORNS ARE NOT SEX TOYS, ERIC!

Taco Coma

you can still sit on their back, can't you?

Yes Than, you can. But there Cherry goes, making everything sexual as usual.

What time can we expect the theme? I'd like to send my song before bed.

I don't know. I sent him a mermicorn call but he has not responded yet. People have jobs and stuff, he shouldn't be expected to be on call 24-7 for your benefit.

Taco Coma

Keep your panties on, Gyro

Why don't you both have the themes, then you can post them whenever you do results or Murr can when he does? Speed this up a little.

Why don't you both have the themes, then you can post them whenever you do results or Murr can when he does? Speed this up a little.

Whichever of us posts the theme, that's who you send to. To not drive either of us crazy, we alternate that. So that would just introduce too much confusion. It won't kill you guys to wait a few hours for a theme. We usually time it well, and I think we judged the last couple rounds pretty quickly. This round we just both had other stuff to do.

New theme up in a few minutes, or whenever I can BS a wanky introduction I'm happy with.

You leave IMDb for like 4 months and you come back and notice people still pressed about idol games. God I did not miss much about this place in all honesty and the bitching on this thread over a stupid song game is making me just want to leave right back.

If you're bored and this game is not moving along fast enough, PM me and Ill provide you with some reading material far more important than this.

Toodaloo *beep*

👜 #briapurseclub 👜

Feel free to post themes whenever you like, hosts. Not everybody is so free or feels motivated to post when asked to. Haha.

Anyway Cherry, obviously you have not read any of the posts I explained about the Mask show. They are all known people, but not all are singers. The point of the mask is to eliminate bias knowing who they are, although some people are easily guessed. The singer is actually a frontman of an indie rock song and this was his Round 3 song that made him the King. He would go on to be one of the longest running Kings of the show.

Lol at Mas. You can all huddle together in your wee clique all you want, 3 days a theme isn't an unreasonable request when there are 2 judges. You know it.

So it would be like Taylor Swift, Hugh Laurie, Donald Trump and Peter Dinklage going onto a singing show together?

yes, Martin. although it seems not a lot of current famous singers are usually on it, maybe cos of scheduling and maybe it's too obvious. although i don't know most of these people, unless they happen to appear on variety shows i have watched haha. they even have sports athletes and newcasters on it. and even some old singers who have not been singing for ages sometimes come back. the producers do a good job every week of usually mixing the different types, and they tend not to pair 2 people with similar background together.

the producers even had 2 male artistes dressed up in females outfit with high pitched voices and caused quite a stir when they were ultimately unmasked. the biggest reaction got to be when a singer was unmasked and found to be someone not even Korean and an international star in Korea. I didn't know his face or his name but when they played his song, I totally know it.

Thank you for counting the days, though. You can feel free to do that every round, and inform us when you think we are being "silly."

I will indeed, if it's longer than 3 days

"I kinda literally want to wait until two minutes to deadline to send because you annoyed me."

You can go ahead, it's not bothering me. I'm not planning to judge the songs right now. I just wanted to point out to everyone that you were the one who threw such a huge fuss and now it's been twice that you were the last person to submit.

Taco Coma

It clearly is bothering you . Keep your pants on, Gyro. I'll send tonight. Whether I complained or not, doesn't change the fact that it was slow. Slower than me taking less than 24 hours to submit.

I know you're desperate to sass me, so much so it must sting, but should have waited til tomorrow, had I not sent by then boohoo.

Cherry, is there a rule against one player putting another player on Ignore? There are some expressions of disrespect that I'd rather not see. Please let me know, thank you.

Holy *beep* things never change.

👜 #briapurseclub 👜

Oh please do put me on ignore. I won't lose sleep over it . Lol at you. Could have asked her in private but nooo, gotta make it public so I can see. Stir that pot up a wee bit more haha.

Bye now.

I've sent.

Sunflower, you can put anyone you want on ignore.

I will send the songs to Murr this evening, guys.

Taco Coma

Anyway let that be the end of it. I won't bring up slowness again and you get off my ass wit yo sass. Everyone wins 👍

Sunflower, you can put anyone you want on ignore.

I have everyone in this game on ignore, including the hosts. I'm still not sure if this thread is a game or a random thread about the weather. I have been randomly selecting my songs from various playlists and hoping they fit the themes in some metaphorical way.

AKA GTTT, TDA, and Pikkiwoki, the New Guinean Mud God

Impossible! You sang blink with me! Unless you were just randomly singing, which I do all the time.

Hi, Ron!

Has anybody else been watching the drama in the Survivor game? comical stuff!

ROUND FIVE RESULTS

Results! I am happy to say this was overall a really great round, like on par with some of the great rounds we had in season one, so great job, kids!

Neil
Ryan Horne - Terrible Tommy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0XlbnVi3LQ

Murr: Not bad. I was wary when it first started, but as it goes on... it sounds a little gimmicky somehow. Like it should be the theme song of some HBO show. But ya know, it's actually really good. I love the chaos in the guitar and organ parts, and their interplay with each other. Nice pick.

Cher: I was thinking about scoring songs last night, but I was too tired, I actually went sleep really early on the couch, then woke up, watched tv for a bit, then went to sleep for real. Today I have a weird short, late shift at work, 6:45-10:45pm. So I spent the afternoon working on homework for my class, and I still have time, so songs now, yay. Haven’t heard this before, but I like it. It’s like, folksy, but in a dark way with some rock added. This is a great start to the round actually, I enjoyed this a lot, saving it so I can listen again later, thank you.

Pete
The Animals - House of the Rising Sun
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2oKRKZnEoA

Murr: How many times have I judged this? I don't even know which end is up anymore. Naw, it's a classic, and a great one, at that. I always want to dislike it, after hearing it for the millionth time, but... yeah. What else is there to say about it that hasn't been said in every other idol game?

Cher: Oh Pete, haha. You know, I fully expected someone to send Folsam Prison Blues, because it’s a really obvious choice for this theme, and also, guaranteed to do well, obviously, and I was surprised that no one did. So instead I guess this song gets the title of being the guaranteed to be a hit easy choice of the round, haha. By the way, I hate it when you are using public wifi at like a coffee shop, and the first hour you’re there, like, you don’t have to re-log into the wifi at all, and then after awhile it’s like UGH, YOU’RE STILL HERE, and makes you press accept terms and conditions like, every 20 minutes haha. Guys, I am spending the entire afternoon at a coffee shop, before going to my job...as a barista at a cafe in a bookstore. I’m sure there is a name for people like me, haha. Anyway, I have seen this song submitted quite a few times in idol games, so I should yell at you and whatev, but it’s so good, like seriously. You could have been adventurous and sent a version by someone other than The Animals though, I’ve heard some great other ones, Nina Simone is good, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCuu5fOEB3Y and Murr probably would have jizzgasmed. Guys...jizzgasmed is not highlighting with red squiggles as a word to spellcheck, so like, either that is a real word, or my computer knows me so well it doesn’t even question these things anymore.

Sunflower
Bob Dylan - Hurricane
https://vimeo.com/97255051

Murr: You win. Obviously this is the best song of the round. I think last time I judged this song - a cover, don't recall anyone ever sending the original - I went on a long rant about the actual trial(s) and the mess of this, the shadiness from police, the protests and uproar, Carter's work after being released. He just died a couple years ago. Anyway, I'll save the rant this time, but it's implied. It's such a powerful story. If anyone hasn't actually read through the story of Rubin Carter, you definitely should. Anyway, Bob Dylan, this incredible song, amazing storytelling... Yeah, you win.

Cher: I appreciate you going to vimeo to find this. I know a lot of Bob Dylan songs are really hard to find on youtube for copyright reasons and whatever. In season one, for a theme about murders, Tammy sent a cover of this song, and while we both enjoyed listening to it, I even said in my comments it couldn’t live up to this. I remember developing an obsession with this song, I don’t know, maybe 5 years ago or so, I listened to it a lot, and I did some light research into the events the song is about, interesting stuff. Anyway, this song is fantastic. It tells an interesting story, it covers areas of the legal system that are flawed, and it draws you from start to finish. Plus, Bob Dylan <3 Great job.

Kathy
Tool - Prison Sex
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEEEp_J12tY

Murr: Completely random pick that no one would ever send in an idol game, yet oddly actually good. Hey, Kathy. When I was a kid, briefly ('cause I lived in the area briefly), I had a friend who LOVED Tool. Said friend has been an alcoholic since age 12. He'd show up to school with his face all scraped up at least once a week, because he inevitably crashed his bike on the way. And he'd bring Tool CDs for me to borrow, handing them to me with a big smile while I'm staring at his scraped-off eyebrow. Memories. <3 This is an early one, back when Maynard had super douchey hair, too. What fun!

Cher: Lol I don’t know this song but...I can tell a song called Prison Sex by Tool is not going to hold up well after a Bob Dylan masterpiece lol. Lol in the sidebar it’s suggesting another song by them called “Hooker with a Penis” clearly Tool has a lot of songs with really classy titles. Anyway, this actually isn’t bad. They sound exactly like another 90’s band, but I can’t think of which one, possibly because it’s all of them xoxo. Okay, it’s dragging a bit now.

Martin
Hugh Laurie - The Whale Has Swallowed Me
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1qNdNBSt6c

Murr: Interesting. For one, I didn't know Hugh Laurie was a singer. Also, the original by JB Lenoir (full transparency: had to look it up to make sure I was right) is incredible, so I'm curious what this will be like. Such a cool metaphor carrying this song. This arrangement is definitely more involved than the original... not necessarily better, but definitely more modern. Pretty cool.

Cher: He sings? This is news to me. I like this though, slightly raspy voice, and the song has a nice bluesy/folk sound. Songs about whales make me think about Moby Dick. Ugh, guys, it’s getting dark outside, and I still have to go to work. Like, going TO work after it gets dark is such a weird, gross feeling. Anyway, he’s singing about crawling out of the whale. You can do it! Crawl out! I really like this. I like that you went with the option for going with songs about being trapped instead of just straight up literal prison.

Tammy
John Lennon - Working Class Hero
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-TXMQNxEMQ

Murr:
I've never seen The Beatles/Lennon sent in an idol game before, and then we get them twice in this game. That's cuz of people like Henry lolzzz. Nat and I used to have a Beatles theme every season of Natcher Idol, but that was before you were around </3 John Lennon was one surly SOB. I've always been fascinated by the dichotomy between his "loving" ideals and his natural SOB-ness... such conflict. Such a brilliantly poignant song... perhaps moreso even now than when it was written. It's interesting, because obviously this is basically a protest song - against the government and/or corporations selling crap, if there's any distinction between the two, anyway - but I love how it also turns it on the individual within that (if only in a "what are you gonna do about it, huh?" way), and even against generally appreciation systems like education. You don't really hear anyone criticizing the very directive/bastardized purpose of our education system these days, though - particularly with how frivolous higher education has become - it's probably a more apt time than ever. I believe this song created some uproar back in the day for those reasons... criticizing the working class, the education system, etc... for how they play into "the establishment" that everyone hates but still goes along with, and even take pride in their "accomplishments" within that participation. Not that each aspect individually is without merit - I'm sure Lennon, being so well-read and from a working class background, would agree - but that's exactly why the whole, each part pieced together, is so damning, and I guess the point of this song and why it fits the theme of being trapped. OK, I'm ranting. Awesome song.

Cher: Another song about being trapped. This song is weird. Like...I am sure many people find it relatable, but at the same time, like...the fact that it’s sung by JOHN LENNON, a guy so famous he once claimed he was bigger than Jesus like...is this supposed to be ironic? Or did he really think “yeah, I will totes sing a song and be a voice to these people...even though my life is literally the opposite of what I am singing about.” It’s not a bad song, I just can’t NOT think these things. Oh, wait, or is he MOCKING the people? I don’t think that’s the intention, but really, I can see this song so many different ways. I have no idea.

Dana
Bruce Spingsteen - Trapped
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzzOs0Da43Y

Murr: Cherry is gonna love the crowd cheering at the beginning. I can just imagine her elation now. <3 The verse here is actually lovely. The chorus is a bit much. But oh, the verse is lovely. Oh, the crowd is cheering again! Alright, the chorus grows on you a bit, doesn't it? It's good.

Cher: Ew, this starts with a cheering crowd. Dammit, Dana, you’re the worst! Never really been big on Springsteen, but like, that may also be because I never really listened to him much, haha, so I will give this a chance. Someone sent this really good, chilling song by him last season for the murder theme, it was called Nebraska. I liked that one a lot. This one is alright, it definitely goes with the trapped feeling, as suggested by the title. I like the slower parts better than the faster part where he keeps saying trapped. Lol guitar solo.

Eric
Social Distortion - Prison Bound
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxOyqRdzSFM

Murr: Social D. <3 A band I never really bother to listen to unless I'm drunk or on a roadtrip. Lots of warm and fuzzies associated with them, though. I kinda wanna give this a perfect score just because someone actually sent them, which is awesome. Not necessarily my favorite song of theirs, but still... this is amazing. I'm legit smiling right now. It Cherry scores this low, our friendship is over.

Cher: My ex was a big fan of this band, and when I made the theme, their song Ball and Chain was one of the ones that crossed my mind, but for some reason I forgot about this song. Now that I am listening to it, I definitely know it. It’s kind of a weird thing...I don’t dislike this song, it’s not bad, but I also associate it with a less than desirable part of my life. I won’t hold that against you though. I do like the Johnny Cash reference.

Jesse
Warren Zevon - Prison Grove
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HpFDgPWO5w

Murr: Oh, damn. This round has actually been really good - some stronger than others (and I'd say this is in the stronger half), but so far not a bad song. I love Warren Zevon. This entire album is incredible (another knew-they-were-dying album, a la Cash and Bowie)... and you get that awesome slide work from Ry Cooder, which you can hear here going just insane near the end, and it's glorious. Lyrically, such a cool take on the theme, without getting too conceptual or anything. Love this.

Cher: Yay, only two songs left, I should be able to finish and post results before I have to leave. This guy looks like a love child between John Lennon and John Denver. His name sounds vaguely familiar, I’m sure if I googled him I’d recognize some other songs by him, but too lazy to do so now. Omg, I am sitting by the window and a giant poodle walked by (with some people, but meh, they are irrelevant) he was cute. Oh, and a guy who looks like Mark just walked by. Clearly I should not be allowed to sit by windows, it makes me a creeper. Anyway, I’m liking this song, nice folk rock, and it’s good for the theme.

Thanny
System Of A Down - Prison Song
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yndfqN1VKhY

Murr: I'm nervous about this... I know Cherry loved/loves Hot Topic, so maybe this will go over really well with her. <3 You're the worst.Oh, nevermind... it's political, so you're probably screwed. It almost feels like a PSA... I mean, a PSA by dirty hippies, using the establishment's tactics against them, man. Naw, kidding. As a political statement, I appreciate it (it's no secret the US prison system and drug policies are royally f'd up)... as a song, not so much.

Cher: Lollll. Sers, you’re making us listen to System of a Down? I remember when these guys first came out, or got big at least, I was in high school, and they seemed sort of cool in a novelty way at least. Now it’s just like lolz. They have a distinct sound I guess, I’ll give that. It fits the theme.

Taco Coma

Re: ROUND FIVE RESULTS

Hey guys. I'm sorry I'm mobile now so my results arent as fancy as usual.

First place with an impressive perfect score, first one all season is Sundlower! Murr will be posting your mermicorn card shortly, he didn't know I was doing results now and he doesn't have the artwork ready.

Other scores:

17 Pete! and Jesse!

16 Tammy

15.5 Neil and Eric

15Martin

12.5 Kathy

12 Dana

MURRCHERLIMINATED: 7 Thanny sucks to suck. Love you anyway. Adding on the bumpy bus made me queasy so ending this post now.

Taco Coma

I'll have the card an a new theme up within an hour. Stuffing my face with glorious food first. Sorry.

*Wipes forehead*

I wasn't confident in that song. I discovered Hugh Laurie before JB Lenoir, and listening to both of their songs... they're pretty similar, but I preferred Hugh's song. It was closer to my heart, but I wasn't sure how the judges would take to it.

Congratulations, Sunflower!

Oh Thanny my love. Sorry to see you go so early. I was happy to see you playing and sad when I got bumped and now you are gone. I love this game and sorry that I had to go so early. At least Cherry won't have to listen to any of my 40 minute songs anymore. lol

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Love you guys! <3 😘😘😘

Movie idol meets music idol.

Thank you Martin! Thank you Cherry and Murr; I love your comments 'cause I feel so strongly about this song and have loved it since I was a teenager and first got Desire on CD. I could talk about it for days, but you guys really hit the best notes, so I'll defer to your awesome reactions to it!

Sorry to Thanny. You're going out with love and that's a classy thing to do. 😘

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qb7ksNMvj0U

I love this song and movie. My birth year as well and my favourite sport is featured too lol. All round good. Submitted it in Misty's movie idol game.

I know how you feel, Sunflower. I felt really strongly about Chimacum Rain and was thrilled to see the positive reactions to it. It's wonderful when you submit that one song you really love and the judges agree.

Does anyone know Sunflower's real name?

I was blank on this round lol I just know there are tonnes of good ones I've seen but couldn't dig up in my memory. I sent something I have never seen but I got a good feeling from it.

I feel like that is something you should ask her directly, and if she feels like sharing she will tell you...

Taco Coma

I'm on ignore, apparently lol.

That seems like a good indication she doesn't want you talking about her and asking for her info .

Taco Coma

Get off my back please. I asked a person's name.