Games: Other Games : BIG BROTHER IMDB 27: Moose on the Loose (GT1) ANNOUNCEMENT POSTED

Re: Round 5

Congrats Arik!

DrPeppersEmptyCan

Oh it's like slang. From...England

Oops I was a hot mess tonight. Congrats Arik!!!

Oh it's like slang. From...England

Same gurl. I posted that poor person's name in a direct reply to them lmfao

Same gurl. I posted that poor person's name in a direct reply to them lmfao

This cast IS actually drunk <3

👜 #briapurseclub 👜

Actually, we're not drunk, ANY MORE THAN USUAL, ANYWAY, Murr worded his instructions post very poorly. I thought the same thing too, but then when he posted round one he was like OBVIOUSLY YOU ARE POSTING YOUR ANSWERS ON THIS THREAD, which was anything BUT obvious before he said that, xoxo.

Congrats Arik or whatever. Congratulating people every time they are better than you in a challenge is exhausting.

At once I knew I was not magnificent

Forums are fun <3

👜 #briapurseclub 👜

...WHAT DOES THAT HAVE TO DO WITH ANYTHING ANYONE SAID?

maybe if you were better, Cherry you would have to congratulate everyone

GFY

...do you mean everyone would have to congratulate me?

...WHAT DOES THAT HAVE TO DO WITH ANYTHING ANYONE SAID?

🙆

👜 #briapurseclub 👜

wouldn't*
sorry kathy is getting me drunk and i cant type

GFY

Arik's nominations

I'm going to make this quick.
Robsfilm and Mrduckbear
My reasoning is I dont believe Ive ever spoken to either of you since my arrival in 2009 (i think thats the year i came? lol). Nothing personal as many people have said great things about both of you.
So good luck and I'll see everyone at veto.

GFY

Re: Arik's nominations

lol, why would you assume to post the answer in some random thread on some other board?

I wouldn't assume that. I thought you were just doing something new and I actually thought it was a pretty cool concept for us to post answers else where. It's been done before wayyyy back like years ago and not much recently. Meh. But, naturally I'm wrong and drunk <3

Let's start a DRUNKS AGAINST MURR movement!

That's the exact instruction that threw me off, Cherry. Now that I read it knowing what he really meant, I can see it, but you can also see it the other way. Me and Spooky must read directions the same way. I don't even read them, I just do a quick robotic scan of them. Hence why I got no points.

Thanks for the key Arik

In Trump We Trust

12 is KingJesseRebel

👜 #briapurseclub 👜

lol, why would you assume to post the answer in some random thread on some other board? I never said to do that - but I did say to post here, in this-here game thread, at the beginning of Round 1 (figured it was implied in the rules, since that's standard for challenges on this board, but wanted to clarify).

I'm going with the drunk theory. It's more plausible, given all of you.

🐰

5.) To score a point, you will post the screenname of the person who made that post, in that thread, on that board.

How is that NOT misleading? I thought it was super weird you wanted us to spam random threads with people's names, but that is what your original directions imply. Like I said, you didn't even MENTION posting it on here until your post containing the first round.

Cherry you weren't even the fastest in them threads, just take seat lol

GFY

How is that NOT misleading? I thought it was super weird you wanted us to spam random threads with people's names, but that is what your original directions imply. Like I said, you didn't even MENTION posting it on here until your post containing the first round.

Ah, got it. Syntax, though. "In that thread" is related to "that post". i.e. It's not "you will post - IN THAT THREAD, on that board - the screename of the person...", but rather "...you will post the screenname of the person who made THAT POST, in that thread..."

I'll be clearer next time, though.

I never posted in the other threads, I did it correctly. I just was taking a stand at Kathy and Murr implying the others were drunk for misunderstanding.

THIS ISN'T ABOUT ME, I WILL ALWAYS BE TERRIBLE <3 I just don't like it when someone uses weird wording and then blames other people for misunderstanding them.

Still a cool challenge though. Thanks for hosting us. :)

Taking a stand

👜 #briapurseclub 👜

The veto will be Friday @ 9:00 p.m. EST but it will be an extended deadline challenge.

I need Arik_the_Great, mrduckbear and Roberts-Film to please pick a number between 1-14 for the Veto selection.

First come, first served.

👜 #briapurseclub 👜

Thank you Arik!

👜#briapurseclub👜

no worries, i knew it was coming..🐭

i'll choose 14

14 is JB_is_awesome

👜 #briapurseclub 👜

Congrats on the win Arik and thank you for not nominating me.

And since people keep getting nominated for not talking to each other, I'd like to say hello to everyone. I'm terrible at being social, and pretty much never initiate conversation. So please don't think because I haven't talked to you I'm plotting your demise.

Thanks for the key Arik! Well done.

My reasoning is I dont believe Ive ever spoken to either of you since my arrival in 2009

I'm fine with being nominated, but what? Lol We've literally been in several group skype calls in the past.

Rob have we been on call?
Maybe a group chat but I don't pay attention to those. But unless it was a kim/dan/JB/justin/javi group call then I don't remember it

GFY

2 is HarleyStodden

👜 #briapurseclub 👜

Quen yas i love me some extended deadline xooox

"Everyone is doing emails these days" - Britney Spears, 1999

Good luck on the veto to everyone who is playing

Yeah it was several kim/dan/JB/justin/javi calls. We also were aligned closely in many past games lmao. I also remember when you were livid with me in a Greys Anatomy BB mystery game Lol. We had one on one chats a lot about random stuff. Lol.

Second Power of Veto Challenge

Good evening everyone and TGFI,

I hope the weekend brings you lots of fun and joy. Be sure to keep an eye on this thread and on the forum for some free beer though. 🍻

Tonight we are playing for the Second Power of Veto of the season. Only 6 of you can participate,

Arik_the_Great
Roberts-Film
mrduckbear
JB_is_awesome
KingJesseRebel
HarleyStodden

When the Moose Met the Goose

Your task tonight is to write me a short story depicting when the Moose met the Goose.The object of the challenge here is to be entertaining so have fun with it.

Rules

- PM me your story when complete
- You have 24 hours to submit your story
- It has to be a minimum of 300 words
- Your story must have a minimum of 2 characters (A Moose and a Goose) but you can have more.
- Your story must include this exact quote at some point "He pulled up his pants and answered the door."

Get your quills ready........GO!!!!

👜 #briapurseclub 👜

Rob i honestly have no memory of this lol. I do remember playing greys anatomy tho. But now I feel bad nominating you over some others

GFY

7 hours left and 0 submission so far. I am going out to hockey today so I'll be back around midnight.

👜 #briapurseclub 👜

Sorry I missed the deadline, I was expecting to work a *beep* 12 hour shift today. Seriously annoyed at it too

GFY

That is a long shift my feet hurt with 8 or 9 hour days you must be exhausted

Yeah I was and now I'm headed back to work -_- this place

GFY

I hope to have results in a couple hours. Next HOH will be tomorrow at 9 p.m. EST. I'll update the schedule tonight.

👜 #briapurseclub 👜

Good luck. :)

Good luck to the people who played in POV!

Second Power of Veto Results

Good evening gang,

I hope everyone had a good weekend and is well rested for a fun filled week full of twists and turns.

I received 2 stories and had both Tom's score to determine a winning.

Here are the comments and results.

Story #1

tom_delonge_ava:This is not much of a story, more of one thing that happened for a 5 minute period. All I know is a goose was watching TV, a moose came to the door. The goose let the moose inside to watch TV. Couldn't something crazy happen after this? How can the story end when nothing happened? You could really use an M.Night Shyamalan twist or two here. The possibilities are endless with these characters; don't be lazy. This could have gotten erotic with a love scene, suspenseful with a mystery scene or violent with a murder or fight scene. Here is a story as good as yours. Once upon a time, you suck. The end.

TomcatMurr: This story has some irritating punctuation errors, some glaring inconsistencies in tense, and I don't think you know what an introvert actually is (introverts may very well have friends, we just get exhausted after being around them, or anyone, for too long, and relate things internally more than externally), but... I like it. There's an interesting cadence to the story, sort of sing-songy and like a fairy tale; it has simple language, neatly organized, as though it's written for children, which is a writing style I tend to enjoy. Not much happens in the story/there isn't much of a story, but it's kind of quaint... this development between them, with Swan Lake (lolz) as kind of a motif, showing some consistency in the storytelling from beginning to end.

Story #2

tom_delonge_ava: Mickey Mouse is suing you for copywrite infringement. Oh now his name changed to Mikey!? Crazy twist! This is better than the other story already. Ooh global warming comments. Very relevant. This story is all over the place. I'd like to see some direction and focus. Since when do moose travel in herds, have asthma or live in huts? I feel like you didn't research your topic properly. You deserve a moose-slap. One positive is this story has dialogue. Good work. The moose pun was terrible enough to make me cringe-smile, so there's that. Extra points for the Steve Buscemi reference. Extra points deducted for the Mean Girls reference. Dear lord this goes off the rails in the end. It sounds like the drunken brainstorming sessions of the women from the View. Anyways, this story had higher entertainment value, but was still pretty bad. I guess if I have to pick a winner I'll give it to Steve Buscemi. That guy is the man.

TomcatMurr: More tense inconsistencies, punctuation errors (and many other errors)... and "would HAVE", not "would OF". Proofread, people! But lol @ Mickey and Minnie Moose. Nice. There's definitely more development in this story. I also enjoyed the occasional rhyme: "...a little obscene... if you know what I mean", etc... I lol'd a bit near the end when the rhymes were pointed out - seemed to be breaking the 4th wall, with a few other moments of the same, which was clever. I'm not a fan of huge walls of quotes, but I did like how they were broken up with narration. Overall, I'd say the first story is better constructed, with regards to the writing itself, but this works better as a narrative. Going with my instinct on what to do about that.

One of you scored 9/20 and the other scores 10.5/20

The winner is Story #2 which was written by HarleyStodden

Congratulations, you now have the power to veto one of the nominations. Since it's Sunday night, I won't give you a deadline but please try and post your decision ASAP so we can get to the voting.

👜 #briapurseclub 👜

Re: Second Power of Veto Results

Being that the new HOH comp is tomorrow at 9 I assume we have to have voted someone out by then lol

In Trump We Trust

Re: Second Power of Veto Results

Congratulations Harley