Games: Other Games : The end of an era...

Re: The end of an era...

YAS CHERRY! <3

Anyone who wants to add me on snapchat is free to... JLovesTits is the username

In Trump We Trust

As long as the cat is murring there is life in that cat:

https://www.ipetitions.com/petition/petition-to-keep-the-imdb-messageboards-going#

Wow this is really sad!! There are way too many good people on here as well as good memories.

well this sucks. I have Facebook, instagram, whatsapp, etc etc. if you wanna keep in touch pm me before 17 days is up. Been real

White lightening+Black Hammer

This is very upsetting. Everyone comes and goes and you miss them but everyone being forced away is very sad.

I have made many friends here. Please add me on Facebook or snapchat. I do have Instagram but rarely use it.

I will miss everyone

GFY

Yeah people are tweeting #saveimdb and #saveimdbmessageboards to try to get it trending and maybe changing things... Made this petition almost 5K votes:

https://www.ipetitions.com/petition/petition-to-keep-the-imdb-messageboards-going#

I could not resist commenting on this

I think Trump's presidency is behind it. Legit.

It all starts with censorship. Soon all our other rights will be taken away...

Trump was born a year after Hitler died, so could very well be his reincarnation and bring on WW3.

I assume you get your political ideas from actors tweets. I am going to assume you are referring to Trump being a Fascist a la Hitler.

I will tell you to read history but I am sure from your statement that that would be wasting my breath. I am sure you probably heard the term "fascist" from some Hollywood moron and have absolutely no idea what it is.

One of the first things Hitler did was put on a ban on gun ownership for Jews. Again which party runs on gun regulation? The far far left even wants them banned. Does Trump want to take away people right to defend themselves? Nope.

In 1934 Hitler did was what called "The Night of the Long Knives" It was a an event over a three day period where members of the political opposition were killed. Gee shouldn't Trump be doing the same? Gosh why hasn't he killed off Chuck Shumer or Bernie Sanders.

Fascism puts a control on the media much like its polar opposite Communism does. Has Trump shut down the news that he doesn't like? NOPE...for every pro Conservative networks or talk shows there are 20 liberal ones reporting fake thinks and condemning every single thing Trump does. Again if hes the next Hitler why does he allow the opposition free speech?

On the topic of free speech the only ones trying to undermine it is the extreme left(George Soros) who actually pay professional rioters to break up Conservative functions and get them cancelled. The Incident at UC Berkeley was one of them, where a bunch of thugs dressed in black started a riot to prevent a conservative speaker for speaking to a sold out arena about his views. THATS CALLED CENSORSHIP.

The simple fact that you believe what you post is disturbing. I suppose you like the rest of Hollywood thinks Trump is racist for his 90 day halt on immigration from the middle east. I bet you didn't protest in 2012 when Obama did the same thing to the country of Iraq and instead of 90 days it was for SIX MONTHS. The only reason the left wants more immigration isn't to help 3rd world countries its for votes. The more poor immigrants that they can get in and put on welfare are future votes for the Democratic party. Thats trying to set up a single party in the future, again a form of censorship

In short this message board closing has nothing to do with Donald Trump

tl;dr

1.) Pretty sure she was joking.
2.) Communism is fundamentally an economic system, with social tenets; Fascism can exist within any economic system, as it's merely an authoritarian form of nationalism (there have been both communist and capitalist fascist dictators). They are not opposites of each other, nor are they necessarily related. Nothing about communism is inherently anti-information/media - rather, it's the fascist leanings of notable communist leaders to which you can attribute that.
3.) Actually, Trump has "shut down the news" to a degree. His mandate against the EPA publishing any studies or talking to the press is a clear authoritarian restriction of information (ie: censorship from the executive branch itself). The arrests of journalists covering protests, denying official access to the press, Reuters instructing its journalists to treat coverage of Trump's presidency as they would treat coverage in Yemen, Egypt, etc... It all indicates censorship, no matter how you cut it. And that's not getting into issue of Trump outright ignoring court orders (effectively consolidating his one branch's power, which is unconstitutional at its very core).

Try again, bro. Or just take the joke as a joke.

Tomcat you are a joke, nobody in the world believes your leftist ideology will win. It wont

I will say this, TomCat and his leftist crap approved by Alarm, are why this stuff gets sent out

So I changed my username and the next day I find out the boards are going away. I immediately came here because this is where I've spent the majority of my IMDB life and had the most fun. This is also where I had the most heartache. I had a few arguments over the years and looking back on them, they were all stupid. If we've ever fought, I apologize and personally I'm over it. It's been a good run and we've accomplished a lot as a board of gamers.

Thanks for the memories everyone.

This is maniac in case you didn't know.

Nice to see you make an appearance before the boards disappear forever. Henry did make a forum for people if you're interested in joining that, the link is on one of these threads. Otherwise good luck, and I'm glad you enjoyed your time here!

At once I knew I was not magnificent

Tomcat you are a joke, nobody in the world believes your leftist ideology will win. It wont

read: you don't have any way to actually counter what I said, and I win. I like winning, so thank you. <3

I love seeing all my old friends back<3 this is like a reunion lol

👜#briapurseclub👜

This is the response to Trump winning. The political left has realized it has lost control of the narrative, and is panicking.

Reddit is kicking off users and censoring certain topics (one admin even bragged about changing posts to make them say something more liberal), social media sites are banning and filtering out conservative viewpoints, and almost all the fake news organizations (CNN, Reuters, USA Today, etc.,) have banned comments on their news stories.

The left is looking to silence the opposition. Period.

In Trump We Trust

Yeah I was joking...in the fact that I don't really believe in reincarnation. 😊

#merylstreeprocks

I don't participate here anymore but wanted to say bye guys! This news makes me so sad:( I love going to different boards and reading people's opinion of movies and tv shows :(

When life gives you lemonade, make lemons, life will be all like whaaaaaaaaaaat?!

Angie!!

hey cherry, i like you how do we become friends

Hey there ^_^

When life gives you lemonade, make lemons, life will be all like whaaaaaaaaaaat?!

Honestly its not a big deal. If people want to keep in contact then theres ways. Forums aren't hard to make and everyone has forms of social media. Just because the location of the communication is changing doesn't mean anything else will change. Catch ya on skype (elite.mikey) or snapchat guys. And everyone else - have a nice life.

I'm really saddened by this news and yet I feel like it hasn't really sunk in yet. Even when I go large swaths of time without playing/hosting any games or even posting, I do lurk the board almost every day out of habit if nothing else. I made my account all the way back in 2005 when I was in high school, initially to talk about horror movies and then in 2007 I was absorbed into the gaming community. Thank you swinners for hosting the first Murder Mystery game on the horror board and thank you BettisBoy for inviting me to play your Survivor series. This community has been pretty much a constant part of my life ever since. It sounds corny and I'm not the first to say it, but I consider many of you friends beyond the scope of this website and I really hope we will stay in touch for years to come. My username on pretty much all platforms is MarkMc1990 so don't hesitate to add me.

I'll sign up for Henry's forum too. I hate to be a negative Nancy however but I'm having flashbacks to when Aceboard unceremoniously shut down in 2012 and the hangout was forced to move to another site. It never did manage to retain the level of activity it boasted on aceboard and eventually everyone stopped bothering to check the new one. Hopefully this community rebounds more successfully but either way let's make the most of the time we have left here at our old stomping grounds.

Melissa: Is there an F5?
Reactions around the room:

Am I the only one to think fire bolt is super hot and wished he were gay? Oh well.

Firebolt is super hot, and I thought he was gay?

Movin' to FUNKYTOWN!

Mark is gay

In Trump We Trust

I just assumed Johnny was trolling lol.

What makes you all think he wasn't thinking about harry potter broomstick?

Aw this is sad. I have some great memories on here :( this feels like I'm saying goodbye to a part of my life lol. Add me on snap if you have it, alainaw

I added you <3

I saw a headline about this on msn and shot right over here to see if it was true.

I can't believe IMDb is actually taking down their message boards. Typical millennial company taking away something so that people can have their "safe space."

Although I'm not active here anymore. I did toy around with doing another season of BettisBoy Survivor that will never happen now. I think I was either going to be an all winners season or a second chance season, but it doesn't matter now.

Although I don't understand the reasoning behind what it is they're doing, I will miss this being here. It is something I guess you take for granted and now will miss when its over.

Survivor IMDb2 was by far my favorite thing I've done here. It was an awesome game. I would like to think the Bettisboy Survivor series is one of the best if not the best Survivor series on IMDb and could not have been done without the help of Kate and Dan.

I've met some great people on here and also some people that I don't care if I ever hear about them again. Motox, A-Sup, Kateness, Pink, Mark are awesome and even Kathy too despite all the feuds.

All good things must come to an end and I feel that its a testament to those still here who continued on the games and have them evolve throughout this past decade to why people keep coming back. Good luck to all of you and I hope you get to be on the real Survivor one day.

Best of luck!

awe bye everyone!!! This makes me so sad. I've been posting here since 1999. Pre-millennium!

I am really glad that Mark, Kathy, and I did Survivor 60 now. And equally glad that Adam and I had our Redemption Island game. I was really hoping to do another one in 10 years to find more random people but now there really will be no way to contact anyone. So please do try to keep in touch with me somehow. Cherry, now that the boards and thus the games are gone, hopefully we can nurture our friendship a little better without our competitive claws getting in the way. I'll be adding you back when I get home.

I don't have snapchat or anything besides a cell phone for texting. I do have a facebook and that's the only other site I visit besides this one. I don't do grindrrrrrr or whatever the hell else is out there. I just assume that if people haven't made the effort to know me outside of here by now, they're never going to.

If anyone wants to hook me up with the link to Henry's forum, please do. The one he used when me/Cherry/Mel were final 3 was a fun, easily-navigated little place.

I personally LOATHE imdb. It disconnects me constantly and just in general acts like a fat ass. On the technical side of things, not sad. But on a personal level? This news kinda bummed me out. How am I going to keep in touch with shred and bria? :/ There are so many people that I know I'm going to lose contact with.

realitytvfreak has a pretty awesome set up on fb. We can start there? IDK. I've been done with these message boards for a loooong time.

Here's the link if you're interested anyway Tyler. It's mostly just a place to chill and stay in touch and talk TV atm but it's been nice. No fights so far. http://imdbgames-othergames.forumotion.com/

Thanks, Merriska. :)

I registered. Henry, let me know if you got it.

yes, your account is activated now!

Oh it's like slang. From...England

Tylerppreciation <3

Honestly he's inspired me to be such a vocal bow-down-to-no-one individual. Always a gem <3

awe that made my day, Johnny. 😘
I hope you will be joining us at Henry's Hangout?

Reading that comment from John means a lot to me, because I didn't come here hoping to empower people and it seems like I at least did that. I'm just me and by just being me, I've seen a lot of you guys come out of your shells. If I gave anyone courage to be themselves and any ideas about coming out or maybe even just the courage to speak their mind, I'm completely cool with how much time I've spent on this site and in these games.

I wish I had time to PM everyone. I might make a farewell post closer to the end date, cause I know there's a ton of people I'm forgetting.

I love you all and think about you guys often. It makes me sad to think that I can't just check in here whenever I want, like Daniel said. But that's what Henry's Hangout is going to be for.

And thanks Hen! I got the email note that I was activated.

mwah 💋

Tyler and I will always have our Bettis Marquesas memories. You thought I had my vote I was closer to you than Kevin but then I randomly decided to cast my vote for him instead lol

Yes I miscalculated you like I always do. You're a crafty one! :)

I remember also bout me and Kevin bitching to each other about not getting selected for Bettis All-Stars over Kevin just cos he got rocked out lol. I miss the old games.

Yes so do I :( they must have been fun to stand out so much to all of us. Usually I forget things lol.

I was shocked too. But I don't want the era to end, which is why I spent my weekend creating http://film.chat

We're trying to focus on a clean design and some cool features that are in the works. We'll also be giving away free movie tickets towards the end of the month, so please check us out! We'd love to keep the community together and would be honored to receive feedback and suggestions.

So sad

Did find this link http://imdb2.freeforums.net/

At least it is something since this place will become useless for me.

It's been fun, good memories.

omg Kate <3

Melissa: Is there an F5?
Reactions around the room:

Kateness! Nice to see you. This is where we will be going! Lol

http://thegotboard.com/

#VivaLaIMDb Games: Other Games. You will be missed!

Why would you give a link to that? That's not even correct?

👜#briapurseclub👜

Neil is trying timo make that forum happen, when the rest of us all like Henry's.

So does anyone know what time the boards are going down? Is it like, midnight Feb. 20th in whatever time zone you are in, or something like, midnight eastern and whatever time that is wherever you are?

Oh it's like slang. From...England

When I look at people's posting times, it's on Pacific, so 8 hours behind me so I'd guess midnight Pacific. Have a feeling the boards will be "iffy" that day though, with people all saying goodbye and cramming in last minute threads. Probabaly see a lot of "DOH!" when you try to load pages.

#VivaLaIMDb Games: Other Games. You will be missed!