AI : AI can now read minds

AI can now read minds

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2023/may/01/ai-makes-non-invasive-mind-reading-possible-by-turning-thoughts-into-text
An AI-based decoder that can translate brain activity into a continuous stream of text has been developed, in a breakthrough that allows a person’s thoughts to be read non-invasively for the first time.

The decoder could reconstruct speech with uncanny accuracy while people listened to a story – or even silently imagined one – using only fMRI scan data. Previous language decoding systems have required surgical implants, and the latest advance raises the prospect of new ways to restore speech in patients struggling to communicate due to a stroke or motor neurone disease.

Dr Alexander Huth, a neuroscientist who led the work at the University of Texas at Austin, said: “We were kind of shocked that it works as well as it does. I’ve been working on this for 15 years … so it was shocking and exciting when it finally did work.”

My password is password.

Re: AI can now read minds

Interesting. AI is developing quickly! I wonder if they could use this to analyze the thoughts of criminals? That’d be useful.

“There are no atheists in foxholes, eh?”-Keith Jennings from the Omen.

Man has ruled this world as stumbling, demented child-king long enough! angry9.gif
spider.gif

My password is password

And as his empire crumbles, my precious black widow shall rise…as his most fitting successor!

Far more disturbing than HAL reading Dave and Frank's lips! What the hell have we set in motion.

golfclap.gif

😺 Schrodinger's Cat walks into a bar, and doesn't. 🤪 Biden "We finally beat Medicare." 🙂 Politico "Biden is toast."

I watched a tiktok recently that showed a computer reading brain waves and it is creepy as hell! While it wasn't 100%, it was able to draw what someone was thinking with around 85% accuracy.

Good job I watched village of the damned as a kid.

On the plus side, I've faked so many pics with AI 💀😆

☺️

It could be good for people who are paralysed, including locked in syndrome or non-verbal autistics.

Think of all the evil ways it could be used though. Arrested for simply having bad thoughts? This is where we are heading.

My password is password

Exactly. Some of the **** my brain randomly thinks about. They'd throw the book at me uhoh.gif

☺️

I'm the type of person that would get a group of people together and force the creators of this technology inside on it to find out what they are thinking.

Oh farts!

none.gif

😺 Schrodinger's Cat walks into a bar, and doesn't. 🤪 Biden "We finally beat Medicare." 🙂 Politico "Biden is toast."