Economics, Business, Money, Finance : Do you ever feel guilty about the luxuries you have?

Do you ever feel guilty about the luxuries you have?

We walk around wearing nice clothes, shoes, using our high tech electronic devices, while kids in third world countries are being beaten in sweat shops to make these products for us. The produce we eat comes from illegal immigrants doing backbreaking work for pennies. The meat we eat comes from animals forced to live in horrible conditions. Are we all just pieces of ****?

My password is password

Re: Do you ever feel guilty about the luxuries you have?

shaking-head-no-nope.gif

My password is password

You piece of ****.

My password is password

Get a life, Conman. But never stop feeling guilty about having the luxury of living in your car.

My password is password

Wut

My password is password

I feel bad if kids are beat in sweat shops.

China has a lot of cute stuff.

shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcRoiBk1Bk5FINHPUUN32TRaJW6VX5eRCIgGxN0GQ38MimPmIYNu20f7rtJ7bR0kX58FdhgmEMbHiVMKlbdhBKhd7t51SviFnA&usqp=CAY

another blanket
shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcQkvpW0O2hPReXbU0-smoaHTehr4Ti88jc_E0SuVH6e0hAWsGtdxAFYitXJk7ZfdsFGIYWtXC9nIqSoL2jwm-5euvtNTT_Fbg&usqp=CAY

I used to feel bad as a preteen about it and was humble as a teenager.

Christina • 38 • female • Cleveland • Irish Chinese/Indonesian Swiss German French Dutch • brunette • hazel eyes • average complexion

Hello Kitty is Japanese, produced by Sanrio. It is closely copied from a Belgian cartoon that aired across Europe, in the 1960s and 70s.

My password is password

Only because the price. I spent way too much on “luxuries” this year, albeit all functional and useful.

and I sometimes feel guilty about the wealth disparity. I am incredibly fortunate to have been born in the US. But feeling guilty doesn’t do anything to help the poor, so what can you do.

“Anyway” - Joe Biden

I have enough problems as it to be worrying about people far away in another country.

If you feel such sympathy, go bother the people responsible for doing that stuff. We didn't do anything. I didn't tell those companies to use sweatshops labor. I didn't tell those countries to have sweatshop labor.

I didn't tell migrant workers or those other migrants to come to this country illegally.

But their suffering is our responsibility. We buy their cheap goods and keep the sweatshops in business. They suffer and we benefit from their suffering.

My password is password

It is NOT our responsibility!!

Now enough of this bullshit. Fuck off.

Nope. I don't have that many. laugh.gif
I wouldn't feel bad as a millionaire. Now, a billionaire, I would. No one emactuskky earns that much. It's exploited.

ᴳᵒ ᶠᵘᶜᵏ ʸᵒᵘʳˢᵉˡᶠ

All life suffers to some extent. This place is just no good.

Robots will save us. They will be our slaves.

My password is password

I only feel guilty when I'm reminded of all the poverty in the world. Other than that I try to block it out. Not my fault, you know? giveup.gif

☺️

no.gif

How Do I get a signature?

Did YOU force the cattle to live in such conditions? I only eat organic meat, they are pasture raised.

In China, they don't employ children, but grow ups are forced to work 9 hours a day, six days a week.

I just bought an item from China. Beautiful. Not dirt cheap but about almost 80% cheaper what it would cost in USA. I just bought another item from the same seller, custom made for again, a lot cheaper, because we cut the middle man. I googled what I paid him is worth in Yens (Yuans) and it is worth 118 Y to him. With 700 they can pay their entire month's apartment rent. Not bad from 1 item.

I plan to buy more. I think he has his own business. Most eBay sellers from China do. This gives them freedom. However, be careful: MANY (too many) China sellers are scammers and allowed to continue. I paid almost $7 for shipping a very light item, whereas China eBay used to be free up until Trump changed that. When you pay this much for shipping, you're not likely to get scammed, although I bought gorgeous items for cheap from China and they were the real thing. (Natural items, sculpted or created by man.)

My password is password

Nah. Those peeps would do the same given the opportunity

Grade "A" Fully Loaded
"Sexy as Hell"