Special and Visual Effects : How the… hell were the effects in the 'Hellraiser' movies made??

How the… hell were the effects in the 'Hellraiser' movies made??

I know special effects in any horror or fantasy or sci-fi movie are mostly done on computer today; but in those Clive Barker weirdies for hardcore fans, you sometimes REALLY wonder: now how was THAT made?? E.g. when the two cops in "Hellraiser IV" are melted together, or the skin stripped off people's bodies - what masters of gory effects are behind all this, I wonder, and what tricks have they got??

Re: How the… hell were the effects in the 'Hellraiser' movies made??

Thanks! I've seen most of them - but none of them is like the "Hellraiser" movies...

You do realize that CGI is insanely difficult, don't you? There are no "computers that do all the work."

--
My films: https://sites.google.com/site/westernroadmovies/

Sadly, their skillset is being replaced by guys who have computers that do all the work for them.

http://youtu.be/qLKhxjfG03A

What I love about practical effects is they are just like a magic trick, way better than sh!t CGI!

Click here: www.horrormansion.net

What I love about practical effects is they are just like a magic trick, way better than sh!t CGI!

That's absolutely right!

Let's be realists, let's demand the impossible.

The only time I don't mind CGI is when its used well to compliment practical effects or when its used to achieve something that would simply be impossible without CGI.

Right again!

Thank you very much for your tip - you must be a REAL expert!!

Just because I don't Hate CGI? CGI is the future and I think it's great. After awhile one gets tired of the monster just being a guy in a rubber suit, but if that's what suits you, fine.

*~* *~*

Well, you see, I like both - when I'm in the mood for something REALLY gory, I watch a modern horror movie with lots of splatter effects; but I also like the 'old-fashioned' ones from the thirties to the sixties - they've got something nostalgic about them!

If we didnt have cgi we wouldnt have the majority of the movies we have now, however, in horror it does seem to be more frowned upon. Take transformatioms from american werewolf in london, say, to cursed (ugh) and you see why people do prefer the practical effects. It adds a sense of awe-inspiring unknowing. Cgi cant do that, never will.