Economics, Business, Money, Finance : Poll: How much money do you have in the bank?

How much money do you have in the bank?

Saving & Checking, or plus Money Market and anything you got in the bank. If you total it up… how much?

Less than $200
0% 0 votes
Under $500
0% 0 votes
Almost $1000
0% 0 votes
Over $2,000
0% 0 votes
At least $10,000
0% 0 votes
$20,000+
0% 0 votes
$35,000+
0% 0 votes
I'm Rich! Nonya!
0% 0 votes

My password is password

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

Re: How much money do you have in the bank?

NOT counting crypto.

My password is password

There's some loaded ****s out here!

My password is password

Right now I've got about $3,000 in my checking account and $15,000 in emergency savings.

I've got another account with better interest rates that's got about $5,000 set aside for property taxes and $15,000 for home improvements and vacations and stuff.

Holy ****! HOW did you get to be so loaded?

My password is password

I stole most of it from Steve Lake. He's so rich he didn't even notice it was missing.

laugh.gif

My password is password

The chief job of money is to make more money. The money in your checking account is making very little. And the "other savings" are probably not making much more.

You should have most of that in stock and bond funds. The average return on Index 500 Stock Funds is 10.5%. The average bond fund makes 3 to 5%. They are better investments in the long run.

mjeyds.gif

😺 Schrodinger's Cat walks into a bar, and doesn't. 🤪 Biden "We finally beat Medicare." 🙂 Politico "Biden is toast."

I have other investments. That wasn't the question. But I don't want want my emergency money, property taxes, or renovation account vulnerable enough to take a big **** in case things go south like they have this year.

Plus my job has a pension, I already have a decent sized 401k, I own my house, and my bills aren't hard to pay off so the investments don't even matter that much in the end.

Yes, I agree. Any money you think you will need in the next three years should not be in the Market. But most of the rest should be in stock and bond funds.

BTW, I have an excellent 401-K which was built mainly from those investments. I also own my house, other real estate, gold and silver.

The first three rules of investing are: 1. Diversity 2. Diversity 3. Diversity.

mjeyds.gif

😺 Schrodinger's Cat walks into a bar, and doesn't. 🤪 Biden "We finally beat Medicare." 🙂 Politico "Biden is toast."

And are you single? kiss.gif

My password is password

200.webp?cid=ecf05e47kr9tp94jeo8p8autmyjnqfg8ojaugneexqnfvm7e&rid=200.webp&ct=g

The first rule of investing, and life in general, is that the only good landlord is a dead landlord. They'll be the first ones up against the wall once people have had enough.

You mad, Commie?

giveup.gif

Under $500.

Only a fool keeps his money in a bank, since the interest they pay is a ****ing joke. You should invest your money in stock and bond funds.

mjeyds.gif

If you invest, you can't touch it if you need it. Plus they're all corrupt, so you risk losing it all.

How much in your mattress, tuna?

My password is password

That's not true, Bubba. You can get your money out of a stock or bond fund anytime you want. It usually takes only two business days. You've got that backwards.

With a CD you can't get your money out of until the end of the time period, usually six months to a year. Another reason NOT to have your money in a bank.

And no, they're not all corrupt. 99% are legit. You have to go with a legit company like Vanguard or T Rowe Price. And there is zero money in my mattress. The chief job of money is to make more money. Any money you have in your mattress is NOT making more money.

Your comments make you sound like an ignorant loser.

mjeyds.gif

With a CD you can't get your money out of until the end of the time period, usually six months to a year.
Actually, you can get your money out any time before the term is up, but you'll be charged an early withdrawal penalty, so you need to think twice before you try to do that. Best advice is to only allocate an amount to a CD that you know you won't need to touch for the entire term.

The same goes for stock funds, dude! You allocate only an amount that you know that you won't need to touch for the near future. But you will likely make more money than with a CD.

Any money you think you will need in the next three to fours years, should not be in the stock market.

smile.gif

I'm the one you insulted. You're right: I have NO idea what any of this means. I didn't go to University. WHERE did you learn all this? Where can I? I did put money in a CD several times in the 80s and made like over $200 at the end, each time, and it was little money.

80s interest rates were GRRRRRRREAT!

My password is password

How did I insult you? BTW, the /. account is very confusing.

giveup.gif

PS I learned investing by doing it. If you want, I can give you a wealth of information about it.

That was largely true for the last ten years or so, thanks to Quantitative Easing etc., but i am currently getting 3% on a money market account, and my broker is getting me into some 1-year CD's paying nearly 5%. These rates should go even higher as the Fed continues to tighten.

That was largely true for the last ten years or so, thanks to Quantitative Easing etc., but i am currently getting 3% on a money market account, and my broker is getting me into some 1-year CD's paying nearly 5%. These rates should go even higher as the Fed continues to tighten.
I have no idea what I just read! giveup.gif

My password is password

MMC2 said you get zero interest at banks. I countered by saying no, I actually get at least 3%, possibly as much as 5%. Capiche?

Yes, thank you. However that is NOT TRUE where I live: I checked the banks. Interest is barely 1%, when you can find it. It's mostly 0,0001% or however many zeros, and that's if you invest big bucks, like $15,000+! WTF???

In the 80s, I earned like 8% or more on my savings.

My password is password

It's actually been true for a long time.

3% is excellent for a money market account. However the normal average return for a stock fund is 10.5%, and for a bond fund it's 4 to 6%. So stock and bond funds are the better investment over the long term.

smile.gif

I know… as you may recall, I play the stock and bond side of things, too. But I also like it when my idle cash can be put to use generating at least 3% interest - perhaps even close to 5%, if I opt for the CD route. It's virtually risk-free, and you don't have to wait forever for your stock or bond fund to recover in price, like a lot of people are having to do right now with the bear market we've been in.

That's the reason you invest in stock AND bond funds. When the market is down, you redeem your bond funds. When it's up, you redeem your stock funds.

And with most CD's you have to wait for six months to a year to redeem them.

And I don't like the term "play" in references to the markets. It makes it sound like a game. It is not a game. It's serious business.

smile.gif

And I don't like the term "play" in references to the markets. It makes it sound like a game. It is not a game. It's serious business.
Agreed. I didn't mean it to sound cavalier. "Participate in" is what I meant. yes.gif

I prefer the word "invest".

smile.gif

IDLE Cash? Seriously dude! You're the reason why so many homeless starve and die in the streets! The **** with "idle cash".

If you have more money than you need to survive, you don't deserve it and it ought to be taken from YOU!

Bring back communism to USA!

My password is password

"Idle cash" is just a term for money sitting in a checking or savings account. Lots of people all over the world have savings accounts with "idle cash" sitting in it. Big deal. So I guess you think for everybody who has idle cash, it should just be taken from them and given to homeless people? Yeah, right… so they can go buy more drugs with it. giveup.gif

"Bring back communism"……. quaint thought. Even Soviet communist Russia had savings banks that the comrades were able to save money in - earn interest on it, too. Communist China has savings banks for the masses.

About tree fiddy.

Thank you for talking to me

Damn Nessie!

My password is password

I keep my cash in my mattress, and coinage up by butt. royal.gif

My password is password

I have about $10k in savings, $5k in checking and $10k in a CD. The rest is in stocks, bonds, 401k and mutual funds.

Hey Diddler, Diddler….the cat and the fiddler LOL

My password is password

I have over $150,000 in that bank! But you don't care!

Bing.. Wobbledy wobble, wo-wo-wobble, wobbin'
https://vocaroo.com/1hz4nrSop8zd

Money market or other liquid securities? I don’t keep much in savings or checking.

F, for lack of a better word, ACT.

I've got 2 kilos of coke.

Dirka dirka

Lol at 7 people on here claiming to have over 35000 in there account on here 😅😅

Dirka dirka

IKR!!! WTF are they doing in this losers forum?

This is my most successful poll ever! Even with my main, they usually go 89% ignored. Didn't expect this nosy one to even get one click LMAO!!! (I am the OP!)

My password is password

Under $500

Throughout Heaven and Earth, I alone and the honoured one.

Are you preparing for your future, mate?

My password is password.

I'm preparing to buy some more drugs if that's what you mean.

you look more of a beer drinker than a drug user, tbh.

My password is password.

Beer has too many carbs, breh.

drink lite beer

My password is password

Some.

Back to back rock-paper-scissors world champion