House of the Dragon : This Week's Worst Person in Westeros

Re: This Week's Worst Person in Westeros

What kind of poison looks like leprosy? He lost a limb and a eye. That's beyond liquid radiation.

All this under cover murder. 😂

He already had the condition, Otto was simply poisoning him to accelerate his death so the Hightowers could steal the throne, which was his plan since the moment Viserys wife died and he sent his 13 year old daughter to "comfort" the king. When you rewatch you'll notice Alicent was never all-in or happy about anything her father directed her to do. Otto is pretty creepy.

Relax, faggot.

I got that from the first. He told her to without actually saying so. Gotta get that plan into motion. 😶 He was probably the most outrageous. For me anyway. Great villain.

And the way the camera focused on the knife after he died. Like it was a sign ..

I was just about to ask about the closeup of that dagger.

We need to organise a rewatch party. a weekend marathon.

Good idea! 🍻

I reckon we give it a few weeks. Discuss discuss snd then rewatch and discuss. 😂

Aaah the waiting period. 🤗

I already started mine last night and watched the first 2 episodes again, will continue tonight. I never even noticed that Emma Darcy or whatever (new Rhaenyra) did the narration in the first episode, so she's legit been there since the beginning in some capacity. I noticed a lot of things I never noticed before, in fact. I also plan to read Fire & Blood, which I basically just skimmed over the first time since I wasn't that interested in it. I've also watched a ton of videos about the show, and will probably post the best ones here.

I am amazed at the high quality of the show. On the first watch I was too apprehensive about the possibility it would suck, ruining my GOT experience forever, and nitpicked everything. Plus, I didn't know the characters very well, so it was more confusing. I now have an extensive knowledge about each and their various motivations. Even the first two episodes I am claiming as a solid 10/10. Overall, this may be the best show I have ever seen.

I did watch each episode multiple times when they aired, but the final two episodes I watched about 8 times each, they were just so damn good. The finale, I watched it 5 straight viewings, then watched it another 3 times after that, but this is my first attempt to watch the whole season back to back. Will probably finish it by tomorrow night at the latest.

Relax, faggot.

You have made me excited for the rewatch. I take it you won't mind rewatching again before season 2 starts. I will be giving it a second or even third rewatch too by that time.

I was also a bit apprehensive for this. With my favs in, I REALLY wanted it to not suck. The time jumps made me nervous but I appreciate the fantastic performances and portrayals. I love it when I root for both sides because of well done characters. I also appreciate the subtleties because those are the things that open up like flower upon rewatch.

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

Yeah I remember the story Viserys told but wasn't sure why they focused onutat that point. Ti emphasise a misunderstanding about the Prince that was Promised was afoot? Or something more.

Post deleted

The prophecy is actually fulfilled by Aegon, on GOT, as Jon Snows true name is Aegon Targaryen, and he did what was foretold alongside his aunt/lover Daenerys.

Relax, faggot.

Yes but Jon is so boring.

Of course I rooted for him too, but the Lannisters were more interesting and didn't need superpowers.

It's too easy to support the good guy. 😂

I think that's part of why I loved The Hound. He's sort of my perfect person to support. Horrible, but deep down, not too bad. Violently tragic. He was very interesting. He kind of broke my heart. 💔

The Hound was probably one of the most noble and honorable characters on GOT.

Relax, faggot.

I loved him. I could have watched him and Arya on the road for a whole season.

Ah ok! I thought they were hinting at a suspicious death.

Post deleted

ME TOO. But then the symbolism of the dagger. 🤔

Yeah, pretty cool!