House of the Dragon : This Week's Worst Person in Westeros

Re: This Week's Worst Person in Westeros

Loki said... Yeah I feel sorry for her. She's too sweet for all of this, unless she has something of her father in her that we haven't seen yet.

And I did NOT mean that the way it sounded. 😂
expand
Yeah we don’t want to think about what part of her father might be in her 😂🤣

But yeah, I reckon she’s going to lose some of the sweetness and become a bit more badass.

Pandora said... Yeah we don’t want to think about what part of her father might be in her 😂🤣

But yeah, I reckon she’s going to lose some of the sweetness and become a bit more badass.
expand
😂😂😂😂😂

I hope she does. Sweetness doesn't get anyone anywhere in Westeros.

Loki said... 😂😂😂😂😂

I hope she does. Sweetness doesn't get anyone anywhere in Westeros.
expand
I think she’ll get tougher and I would imagine keep coming to blows with Rhaenyra which is sad considering their friendship. Now who was it that sent Alicent to Viserys? 🤔 Oh yeah, that big old rascal Otto 😂🤣

Pandora said... I think she’ll get tougher and I would imagine keep coming to blows with Rhaenyra which is sad considering their friendship. Now who was it that sent Alicent to Viserys? 🤔 Oh yeah, that big old rascal Otto 😂🤣
expand
I don't think it's over yet since he most likely knows the smallfolk want the baby boy to be next in line. So either he goes balls out for it or he just disappears.

Loki said... I don't think it's over yet since he most likely knows the smallfolk want the baby boy to be next in line. So either he goes balls out for it or he just disappears.
expand
Hopefully for your sake he’ll be sticking around a while longer!

Pandora said... Hopefully for your sake he’ll be sticking around a while longer!
expand
Me too. Even if I've had my wtf moments with Otto love seeing Rhys Ifans about, obviously.

Forgot to post last week's. Winner was Larys Strong.

https://slate.com/culture/2022/09/house-of-the-dragon-episode-6-larys-strong.html

I was gonna say it's got to be Alicent 😂

She did attack a child with a knife, so there's that… 😅

I can understand her momentarily losing the plot because her child was hurt but that eas a bit uh…OTT shall we say?

But I'm here for some OTT shit. 😅

Yeah I mean trying to stab a child in the eye is kind of frowned upon 😂

Tbf that kid could have killed hers. I can relate to raging vengeance, but actually attacking a kid with a knife is taking it a little too far, and she realised that. Didn't figure her for a hothead, but neither did her father.

Yeah but her kid started it. He was such a little shit, attacking all the others like that. I actually lose track of who is who but the way he went full on mental at all his cousins. Shame the little guy had a knife to be able to inflict such an injury but he was pretty rabid.

I liked how afterwards everyone kind of grouped together and Alicent was stood in the middle alone until the mental son came and stood with her. I thought that was a pretty cool shot.

I would argue they (and his brother) started it by insulting him to his very soul, offering him a pig to ride.

Oh yeah the other other kids were all mean and teasing him but still, kind of OTT with beating them all up.

Not really. Kids are always beating each other up if left unchecked. 😅 They bullied him, and it didn't work out so well for them. 😅

and it didn't work out so well for them
Tell that to his eye 😜 But … an eye for a dragon 😅

Even he admitted the dragon was well worth losing an eye over. Plus he'll look badass once it heals.

Something tells me he doesn't feel too punished.

No, he took it better than I would have 😂

… because he has the biggest fuck off dragon in the realm.

I couldn’t stop thinking about why the hell they don’t have some kind of seatbelt. They obviously regressed after that and Daenerys just clung on for dear life to the spikes but you’d think they could have attached some kind of strap to the saddle to hold them in place. Maybe it’s part of the thrill of dragon riding 🤔

Well with Daenerys dragons hadn't been around for some time so I guess all that was from scratch. The saddle is on with rope so maybe they used rope to secure themselves as well. We just don't see it. There's a lot we don't see on HotD.

Like suddenly Otto is hand again at Laena's funeral. She only just died, so it's not another time jump.

Loki said... Well with Daenerys dragons hadn't been around for some time so I guess all that was from scratch. The saddle is on with rope so maybe they used rope to secure themselves as well. We just don't see it. There's a lot we don't see on HotD.

Like suddenly Otto is hand again at Laena's funeral. She only just died, so it's not another time jump.
expand
Yeah I suppose all the dragon saddle makers were no longer in business by the time Daenerys got her dragons.

The way he put his hand to to his chest I knew we would see the hand brooch! I bet you were happy 😝

Pandora said... Yeah I suppose all the dragon saddle makers were no longer in business by the time Daenerys got her dragons.

The way he put his hand to to his chest I knew we would see the hand brooch! I bet you were happy 😝
expand

Not gonna lie, felt a little thrill from that 🥰, but also an "oh boy, here we go for round 2" tense feeling in the pit of my stomach.

Loki said...

Not gonna lie, felt a little thrill from that 🥰, but also an "oh boy, here we go for round 2" tense feeling in the pit of my stomach.
expand
😂

I'm so confused! How is Aegon older than Aemond?! I agree with the Worst Person award but I actually thought Aegon was the younger brother. Honestly, I can't keep track of all these damn kids 😂

And now Rhaenyra has an Aegon too. 😂

It’s too much! 😂

Aemond toasting Rhaeyra's boys as "strong" cracked me up somewhat. Shit stirrer. He's going to be fun.

That was hilarious. I saw it coming and said “strong” with him. Total little shit 😂

He takes after his uncle Daemon.

I love Daemon now. Best character sorry

No prizes for guessing the final Worst Person for this season.

https://slate.com/culture/2022/10/house-of-the-dragon-episode-10-aemond-targaryen.html

Well… it's in the link title. 😂

Yep, that's definitely expected!

I love those discussions. They're now considering maybe they've been too hard on the Greens. 😂😂😂

Interesting that Rhaenys was a nominee. I thought she did quite well by first wrecking the coronation and then going straight to Rhaenyra to tell her all the goss. I must be too innocent by not spotting when someone is actually just scheming 😝

Yea, that was surprising and I actually did think at the time, how could anyone jump to the conclusion that it was murder when he was obviously on his last legs. Although…. that would make it a perfect murder.

Daemon's a bit like Otto in that he doesn't really need any second invitations to do what he wants.

Although…. that would make it a perfect murder
But somewhat unnecessary given that … well just look at the state of him 😂

I was disappointed in Daemon's throat grabbing 😠

Twenty-five years to cross a room. 😩😩😩

Rhaenyra didn't seem too phased by the throat grabbing. She just said "he never told you…"

Yeah good point. I would have been fuming!

I think he just wanted to shock her out of where her head was going. He's right about dragons making them kings, even if his delivery wasn't that of a nice guy. He isn't a nice guy. He has no problem murdering a wife. 🤣 Although he wouldn't murder her. He murdered to get her.

He has no problem murdering a wife
Yeah I forgot about that. He's definitely grown as a person 😂

Has he though? I think by the end people will realize he may very well be the greatest villain on the show. Everything he does is self-serving.

Relax, faggot.

He at least didn’t murder the next two wives!

What a hero.

Relax, faggot.

Actually, Otto did murder Viserys. He had been doping him up and poisoning him for years. Remember when Daemon sniffed Viserys cup of the poppy? He pretty much stated it at the time. Milk of the Poppy is a common pain medication in Westeros, but he detected something else was added to it. Notice how Otto is always hand delivering it to Viserys himself? We'll get the reveal at some point, 100% guarantee it.

Relax, faggot.

I didn't notice that! Something I probably would upon binge-rewatch. At the time I thought he was keeping sedated to be out of the way while he runs shit.

Ooooh. That makes him more wicked than I thought. Yeeeeeeees! No half arsery hete.

His condition definitely declines rapidly once Otto came back… just sayin.

Relax, faggot.