Thirteen Lives : Surprisingly good

Surprisingly good

Great cast – Viggo Mortensen, Colin Farrell, Joel Edgerton -, great story, with the Thai soccer team stuck in the caves. But Ron Howard as director! He's usually pretty meh but this was a really good movie. Recommended.

Re: Surprisingly good

I like Viggo!

Floridian & Westerner
christinabarrett.com

The documentary was excellent. This should be too.

Everyone knows it has a happy ending, but the suspense and pathos is enthralling.

When it happened, I was rooting for the cave.

The only poster who had his account banned 4 times without ever breaking any rules each of those times.

Do you believe in Karma?

Yes. And I have already been brutalized my entire life. Nothing left to take from me.

The only poster who had his account banned 4 times without ever breaking any rules each of those times.

https://filmboards.com/board/t/Thirteen-Lives-3410371/

Have you watched the documentary or read/seen anything regarding the actual situation?

"Miss Edith speaks out of turn. She's a bad example, and will have no cakes today." ~ Drusilla

Not the documentary but I remember it vividly when it was happening. Princess Corwin had been to nearby Chiang Mai years ago so we had followed with interest.

I realize I've stated this, but I felt such an internal conflict when I was learning about these events.

"Miss Edith speaks out of turn. She's a bad example, and will have no cakes today." ~ Drusilla

I am not sure I understand.

** See the link I posted above. I wrote it in that thread.

Meaning, when this event occurred, I had mixed feelings. On one hand, I felt like the group was ill-informed, ill-prepared, and as those who disregard nature, made a stupid decision at a very bad time of day, especially by the coach who should have been more instructed.

On the other hand, I was incredibly impressed with the people who risked their lives to complete this rescue mission, especially the lead diver.

Oh I see. It was definitely an error in judgment, a significant one. I guess the boys were very used to exploring the caves on their own, but yes the parents and the coach should have taken more heed of the weather. The boys and the coach as well comported themselves really well once they got themselves in that pickle. Anyway, I now understand what you mean.