Smile : SMILE!

SMILE!

It's kind of spooky creepy confusing monster movie. I wonder what it is?

Re: SMILE!

I liked what the monster ended up being. Very cool and creepy.

So many stories, so little time.

I don't th8nk there was enough explanation.

It was definitely left more allegorical. The monster was more of a representation of trauma and how it feeds and can potentially be passed on.

It wasn't even trauma in general. It was the psychological damage of witnessing someone commit suicide in the most gruesome way as possible.

It was alright movie until the writers did that. They should have kept the plot about the malevolent entity praying on people.

It was the psychological damage of witnessing someone commit suicide in the most gruesome way as possible.

Not necessarily. It did also pass on even after the man who committed a murder rather than suicide. It seems to pass on with any kind of horrific trauma surrounding death.

Well then why did he freak out when he found out that she was cursed?

None of that movie made any kind of sense. Also, why didn't the cop get cursed after he watched that surveillance video of the dude committing suicide? It was obvious that this "thing" could move through electronic devices.

He freaked out because he certainly didn't want to become a target again. He didn't know if the woman would then kill herself in front of him and infect him all over again.

As for the cop not becoming infected, the video was of a past suicide. The infection had already been passed on at that point.

I don't actually remember when the thing was passed on through electronic devices though.

You sure are making a whole lot of assumptions based upon nothing.

I wouldn't say based upon nothing. I'd say it's based on what we saw in the movie:

A man who found a way to pass on the curse would certainly freak out if another infected person showed up in front of him.

The cop watched an old video and wasn't infected. It stands to reason old videos don't affect people. At no point is it established that old videos infect people. It was all done live in front of someone.

Though to be fair, I don't remember when the being traveled through electronics. I honestly don't remember when it did that. Could you clarify when it happened?

That does look creepy. It would be entertaining to see.

It's not. One of the most generic i've ever seen. All of these type of movies are exactly the same. This movie has been done a hundred times before. The big hook for this movie is people smiling creepily? Pathetic.

What happened to the American Dream? It came true! You're lookin' at it…

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

I'm not a fan of this type of movie, but Bye Bye Man was alright. Having seen that movie I never need to see any others like this. Total redundancy.

What happened to the American Dream? It came true! You're lookin' at it…

Yeah, the smiling was pretty darn creepy in several scenes. Good tension and good scares all around.