The Guest : The Ending

The Ending

I know the whole movie is a homage to the 80s slasher/horror but that ending is the most amazing 80s ending I have ever seen. Perfectly sums my reaction when I saw David alive. Great Movie.

Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone.

Re: The Ending

I was just about ready to roll my eyes at another cliched "he's still alive!" ending, but the "WHAT TH F-CK?!" completely flipped it and made me laugh my ass off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2BKWx_0qK0

Movie knew what it was, and that made the ending awesome.

Ours is the Fury!

But they're saying they only found 2 bodies? But didn't David kill a firefighter in order to steal his uniform?

Yes , I thought the same thing as you. 😂

He either killed the firefighter after the police counted the other bodies (he was hiding during this), or he hid the firefighter well, prior to this. The other two bodies were in plain sight, The school was huge. With minimal effort, the firefighter could have been hidden.

It might be a homage, but it's an extremely *beep* homage with subpar acting. Perfect movie for teenagers who never watched an action movie.

Disagree. Dan Stevens was amazing in this.

"Worthington, we're being attacked by giant bats!"

The ending reminded me of Hannibal Lecter in Silence of the Lambs and Léon in Léon (or The Professional) who both pull the exact same stunt.

Not me, but check it out: http://www.redbubble.com/people/nesling/

Spoilers much?

I absolutely loved the ending. It's such a classic slasher film trope. Everything from the gorgeous Halloween disco scene to the "WTF" ending... so perfect.

It's refreshing to see someone who actually gets what the movie was going for and isn't whining about how the ending was not realistic. You wouldn't watch Halloween and complain about how Michael Myers keeps coming back!

I really enjoyed this film and the ending but I was confused about what the implications were for Anna and Luke. Is David still going to see them as loose ends and try and kill them? Or will he make good his escape and start over?

Same question I was asking myself.

His cover was blown (and he looked pissed that his 'faked death' failed), so I presume he was going to try to kill them again.

The ending was a hope for a sequel. The reality won't allow that.

The ending was more an homage to 80's horror cliches

The very similar ending... was seen in The Ghost Ship and made a huge impact on me when I first saw it.

I agree, the whole scene with the mirrors, the smoke, the colored lighting that's still dark... loved it! It's Fulci material right there.

I was thinking more of Argento with the shot of the girl holding the gun.

"Worthington, we're being attacked by giant bats!"

Could well be too... I was thinking of Fulci's "Murder Rock" when I made that comment. It's a Flashdance-inspired slasher.

Yes the ending was amazing. When I saw him alive it just made it that much insane.

Love the WTF?! reaction from Anna at the very end.

Woody Anders is the birthday man/ Hey Laddy Laddy La / He does it because it's his jam/ Hey Laddy Laddy Lo