Classical Music : How do you feel about me not practicing/learning violin?

How do you feel about me not practicing/learning violin?

I had a hard time practicing with my dad around and being home from college without maybe returning. People kept bothering me via people monitoring me in private.

I had a lot of problems, like not enough room at home for my things, no closet in the garage for example. Like, here, I can exercise in my apartment. I did walk and jog a lot when I lived in the garage, though, but it wasn't enough. It was too much to take the bus to the gym. Now, I have my own kitchen and bathroom, at least, in a studio apartment, up in Cleveland, Ohio.. I'm not used to living with family/friends, anyway, so I just left.

I just couldn't wind down, too, from feeling bad around other people, my parents and strangers I ran into when I went out to the store, mall, movies, etc. My relatives "don't know me," and that's "their own fault.."

I was supposed to overcome being bothered by the people monitoring me in private. If I say something "smart," they'll just say something else to counter it, maybe in a creative way.

They're just teasing me when important things come up. Oh, and if I post it online, they get mad and bother me more, like I did it to myself.

I also am trying to learn German. If I went to college when all this started, I'd be onto my Master's by now. I was kicked out of music for being shy, too, at a school I liked with a high scholarship. Technically, they let me stay only for certain classes/majors. I was too dejected in the end and had to leave when the General Studies was too much.

½ Asian christinabarrett.com

Re: How do you feel about me not practicing/learning violin?

I think it would be great if you would not practice violin.

If you are playing for anything other than fun then you shouldn't bother. The violin takes many years of nonstop practice to become proficient enough to make a career out of it.

My password is password

Hm… Should I drop out of church choir?

They would thank you.

Keep on smiling!

Play for your own enjoyment, and forget about excelling.

My password is password

I'd love to smash it over your face Honkey Tonk man style.

Thanks, golf.

I'm indifferent. You're insignificant.

Nobody cares.

Keep on smiling!

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

It depends on what your goals are for how often you practice.

If you want to play in a concert or with others, even a local band, then you have to practice a lot.
If you just want to do it as a hobby then take all the time you need.

The violin is a hard instrument to master and from what I have heard of you, if that is real and legit, then you have a ways to go to get any good.
You have the chops for it.
You don't have the technique down to make it sound sweet and beautiful.

This video I can listen to for the whole duration.
Your videos I have to stop after a few seconds because I cannot tolerate it anymore.

If I am on your block list, let me know!
Thanx.

I'm willing to "give up my life" for violin, but I can still do things like go to the gym and eat good food and blog.