Superheroes and Villains : If you had to make Fantastic Four more diverse

If you had to make Fantastic Four more diverse

Which actors of color do you think could do the job?

Will Smith = Mr Fantastic
Jada Smith = Sue storm
Dwayne Johnson = The Thing
Michael B Jordan = Human Torch

Oscar Isaac = Mr F
Pryanka Chopra = Sue
Benicio del Toro = The Thing
Dev Patel = Human Torch

Daniel Dae Kim = Mr F
Lucy Liu = Sue
Henry Golding = HT
Dave Bautista = Thing

I know these aren’t great. Any ideas?

Re: If you had to make Fantastic Four more diverse

Gawd c’mon…enough with the fucking superhero movies.

Nobody is asking you to watch them. At least I’m talking about something film related. (Shang Chi was great by the way)

If you talk about it, they will make the movie. No more superhero movies or TV series about superheros. Let people read the fucking comic book.

The world needs another Fantastic 4 movie.

No. No, it doesn't. The world changed. Nobody believes in heroes anymore. Duh

Wrong. The world needs Fantastic 4. With diversity. It will bring us together.

stop living in the fucking past.

Benicio del Toro = The Thing

This has to happen now.

Didn't Michael Jordan already play the human torch in a previous film? That's retarded, and doesn't make any sense.

Why do they need to diversify the characters? These characters have been around 60 years, they should remain exactly as they were intended to be. If they need characters who are "diverse," here's an idea, create new characters and make them anything you want. I think the entire idea of changing a long running characters race or sex or sexual orientation is a sad farce perpetrated by greedy jews to victimize the mentally ill.

fag1: "I'm not going to see the new Spider-Man movie, he's still a straight white male. "

fag2: "I hear Spider-Man sucks some tranny dick in this one and lets the Hulk fuck him in the ass."

fag1: "I'm in!"

Here's why. In recent years they've created "diverse" versions of many characters in comic books. They've taken an established character and created one similar but not the same, but often with the same name or some connection to the previous character, flipped the sex and/or sexual orientation of that character, changed the race, and always receive praise for it while insisting that "diverse" characters are more marketable and profitable. Those books always last a very short time before they are cancelled for poor sales… doesn't really add up to what they are saying.

The only time it actually works is if they actually make that character the same character such as Miles Morales as Spider-Man. Miles Morales as Fly Guy would make zero money. It's all about stealing others creative work, reskinning it, and perpetrating the "diverse" myth as part of the liberal gay medias plan to destroy America.

I like Kate Bishop as Hawkeye but if they suddenly had an Asian Tranny playing the part of Clint Barton Hawkeye that's just nonsense.

The Lion does not give a fuck. Bring. More. Sheep.

Anyway, nobody is going to see superhero movies because you made too fucking many of them.

I have only just begun.

A little too late.

Nick Fury is a prime example of when diversity casting works. He was changed from a cigar smoking white guy to a smooth talking Samuel L Jackson. And it totally worked. Jason Momoa as Aquaman is another brilliant casting choice.

At the end of the day, it’s all about money and if switching it up brings in more money they will do it. I personally do think the FF would benefit from smart innovative casting choices. They could use some updating.

That's stupid. You would be furious if Shang Chi had been cast as a white woman, just like they did The Ancient One (also fucking stupid). Thankfully, they did the right thing when they cast mark Whalberg to play Luke Cage in Heroes for Hire instead of a black guy, as he's always been. I hope they recast the Monicah Rambeaux character to be played by Andy Dick.

The key is believability. I’d be okay if they recast Shang Chi but it has to make sense. It’s not like they switch out actors and replace them with others who don’t fit the part like you are suggesting. Take Wonder Women as an example of this. Did you ever think she had a foreign accent? Doubtful but they cast an actress whose accent actually adds to the character’s believability. Jason Momoa embodies the spirit of a modern Aquaman so casting him makes sense. I’m not suggesting that they change ethnicities at random and then cast them at random for roles they don’t fit. You even gave an example of this in Luke Cage. Casting made sense and fit the theme. They can do that with the Fantastic Four too.

Dev Patel would be better as Mr. Fantastic than Human Torch. Lavell Crawford could play The Thing.