Loki : Well that was fun! (Episode one - maybe spoilers)

Well that was fun! (Episode one - maybe spoilers)

Firstly, great to see Tara Strong get a mention in the main credits. She's done a tonne of work in voice acting over the past 3 decades in some big intellectual properties. I was a bit miffed when she took over as the voice of Harley Quinn from Arleen Sorkin but she's done it justice in as much as anyone could after the character changes.

Owen Wilson as Mobius is amazeballs! I'm generally not aa fan of the characters he plays as that type of comedy doesn't appeal to me but man alive, does he bring some gravitas to this role. I want to believe that he's seen it all and won't be shocked and that leads me to consider that there will be some big change later in which we will invest in him and the story more.

Tom Hiddleston was, as always, spot on in his portrayal of the titular character and brought a whole load more to it also. His 2012 version of Loki seeing what happened before the death of Loki in 2018 was a masterpiece in silent performance. I hope to see a lot more of this as it moves along.

The story itself was quite jovial, tying in nexus points, multiverses and a sacred timeline within an authoritarian bureaucratic compliance sub-society. Plenty of room to flex on there for future storytelling. Loki discovering that his attempts at conquering everything he knows being piecemeal in comparison to an established agency which already has everything in place was quite the pivotal moment in this episode.

Enjoyable humour, pays proper homage to the prior movies and seems self contained too. My only concern is that this first episode will be the longest as Disney/Marvel seem to open up with a strong, long start and then whittle the episodes does as they go along. We'll see though

LOL. 🤡🌎

Re: Well that was fun! (Episode one - maybe spoilers)

Great review! I want to see it even more now.

Cheers NZer!

It's a weekly show with a total of 6 episodes and so I don't know if you should binge it at the end or pick it up as it goes along.

It's difficult to talk about without giving away too much

LOL. 🤡🌎

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

Have you seen the episode yourself yet Lilith?

If so feel free to start a thread where we can put spoiler talk in the title and get to the nitty gritties of it all

LOL. 🤡🌎

LOL, I completely forgot about it.

Was it really pretty good ?

Yeah, it was a good episode. I enjoyed it.

Glad to hear it. Have you any thoughts upon it that you'd wish to share?

LOL. 🤡🌎

Not really.

How did Loki know it was the Avengers messing with time that resulted in his freedom? There was no evidence on display for 2012 Loki to figure this out, yet he tells the TVA that it was the Avengers.

Its a plot hole I guess. The episode was fun though, I can always look past plot holes when the MCU is concerned lol

I am not serious no more, no

Thanks for the recommendation, Juan! 👍I haven't watched it yet but looking forward to it!

Hey, it's a kind of magic!

I know that you will enjoy it

At least the first episode anyways

LOL. 🤡🌎

Enjoyed it a lot. Bit of a wobbly beginning but it found its feet fast enough.