The Soapbox : Pros & Cons of Living in This Group Home in Ohio

Re: Pros & Cons of Living in This Group Home in Ohio

absolutely categorically NOT my business (or anyone else's) BUT what happened to your parents assets?? they must have had life insurance, investments, cash, some real property: cars, house. did they leave it to some other family member?

Because under florida law, if either of your parents or both passed away WITHOUT a will then the children get it all. this is not right if they passed intestate and you are not taking action to get what is legally yours.

Great point!

She needs a clear minded person to help.

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

They had nothing, supposedly, and the house is being sold.

Norwegian German Dutch French • Swiss English Irish Scottish • Indonesian • Chinese Taiwanese • Vietnamese Filipino • Italian

Post deleted

If possible, no one, but my younger brother may use it to move and maybe said he'd split that, for me to move. My aunt paid for me to move, the plane and first month rent.

Norwegian German Dutch French • Swiss English Irish Scottish • Indonesian • Chinese Taiwanese • Vietnamese Filipino • Italian

Post deleted

It sounds like a total mess. Hopefully it gets straightened out soon.

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.

Post deleted

For sure. I hope it all works out.

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.

Yes, because I had to live in Ohio before applying, makes no sense in the law.

you need to get concrete information about this. legally, you and your brother are entitled to whatever your parents owned after any creditors get their shares. if any.

sounds kinda fishy that you're not fully and accurately informed about the details. also, unless your parents explicitly gave the house to your brother, you have a 50% stake in control. get on this and stop this fantasy land dreaming ****. get your financial situation solved and then enroll in fun camp for the rest of your life in you so please. BUT until then, you are in a bad state of affairs.

dont delay. contact some RESPONSIBLE AND TRUSTWORTHY family member and get the information about your parents' estate.

Okay, I will e-mail my aunt, and she will probably reply tomorrow morning unless she's out with my Gramma or something.

a small positive step.

is there anybody other than your aunt?

Post deleted

Guess not anymore.

Post deleted

Post deleted

Post deleted

Good advice 👍

Post deleted

Christ, what an asshole. none.gif

You've really mastered the art.

Ex-con and disgusting racist POS says what? Who cares what you say. You are human garbage.

Bring. More. Sheep.

Ex-con? What did he do?

Well, if there are black people in your area it probably would be wise to move. Minnesota has blacks too. George Floyd was from Minnesota. Maine and Vermont have large populations of white people.

smile.gif

Schrodinger's Cat wants to see your tits.

Interesting.

Pro = You live in the same state as Twizlee and could very well bump into her at the beauty salon.

Con = You live in the same state as Rocketman and could very well bump into him at the beauty salon.

Very nice of you!

kiss.gif

laugh.gif It's not really a con. sad5.gif

Come and live with us!
We have plenty of room!

It is in Wisconsin.
May as well since Minny Soda is a neighbor.

Sounds good! Yea, I had said I may move to Minnesota if possible, government gives twice as much money to the disabled.

• can't always pick what I want to eat and when

Wait I am confusion, so uncle sam still gives you Isis money despite the fact you are in a home, but the home wont let you eat the food you buy with that money whenever you want?

I can understand not letting people eat upstairs, just about, but they choose when you are allowed to be hungry?

Plus you are a diabetic, dont you HAVE to eat when you feel a bit low??

She should be allowed to eat her own food. We don't exactly know how it is there so they might have meals planned out everyday so they don't want people just eating that food whenever they want.

I can understand not wanting people to cook after a certain time because cooking after 9:30 would be annoying and then you have to clean it all up. Some people have an early bedtime and don't want to deal with that.

biggrin.gif

You cannot buy and cook your own food?

When I get food stamps. I got microwaveable things.

Well given your new found proximity to her Twiz you should go help her by standing outside and throwing a few ding dongs through her window! yes.gif

Omg better yet bring Nimda and Rocketman with you, you could distract the security guy by doing a sexy dance number, allowing Rocket and Nimda to scale the walls with a big old bag of Panda express. Nimda is nerdy so he can hack all the tech and open any doors that stand in the way and Rocket can be like the tough guy of the crew who can miraculously punch out people with one punch, every time. And what is my part in all this I hear you ask? well I can be to you guys whatever Bosley was to Charlies Angels! yeah thats me!

Dont worry christina, we will have you back to taking massive dumps in no time, just hang in there kiss.gif

laugh.gif

I just died hahahaha.

Panda express is gross tbh lol so we will have to find her something better.

Well, I spent a lot of food stamps back home this time, but I may get $250/month again.

Yea, they think I can't have a snack before bed.

Yea, I do need to be careful and eat when hungry, good stuff etc.

Christina, It's never easy for anyone to move to a different place and live among new people. It takes some getting used to. You have only been there a few days, so naturally, everything is strange and not what you are used to. Try to give yourself some time to get used to the new routine. Set mealtimes are probably something you aren't use to, but it could actually be a good thing for you. It can set you on the road to healthy eating habits and weight loss. Give it a chance before you go somewhere else. No matter where you go, it is going to be a big change. It may be better than this place or it could be much worse, so please give give this home a chance, and if you still feel the need to find some other place to live, at least do some serious research, and above all, try to be realistic.

Speaking of being realistic, Social Security doesn't go far. Learn how to budget your money before blowing it on things like ten nightgowns all at once on Amazon.
someone here suggested trying to buy your essentials at Dollar Tree if you can. That really could save you some money. Save for the really important things.

Take care. love10.gif

You asked a pretty question; I've given you the ugly answer.
Fasten Your Seatbelts….
It's Going To Be A Bumpy Night!

Learn how to budget your money before blowing it on things like ten nightgowns all at once on Amazon.

Well hold up a second there Tatum, there are several benefits of having 10 pairs of PJs as Im sure you know, in fact i would go as far as suggesting she buy 10 more, 5 at the least.

buy your essentials at Dollar Tree

No, Nick Cruz once worked for DT so now nobody can ever shop their again ever, it's called cancel culture sweetie, and it IS coming for all of us.

Good advice! Thanks!

Yea, maybe that will work out now/soon.

Yea, I have to really budget. Little things come up.

She's afraid of black people. You should know by now race is her number one issue.

Looking at the list, it reads that the pros outweigh the cons. The regimen may be stricter than what you’re used to, but you have nice amenities to make up for it. You used to live in a hot garage, right? Sounds miles better!

It's a Charles Dickens like hellhole.

She will get in trouble there.

It is a bit of a mess with no shower and the frustrated owners who are African American and their choice of food.

What is an example meal they’ve given you so far?

• old frozen fried pork that tasted way spoiled I threw away
• fries and ketchup
• very annoyingly spicy mixed cabbage..