Sports : Who will win the Kentucky derby ?

Who will win the Kentucky derby ?

Probably whichever one Rouge bet on, ffs.

I'm cumming.

Re: Who will win the Kentucky derby ?

Hc. The only horseback riding sport I didn't do.

😜

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race,_Evolution,_and_Behavior

Hc. The only horseback riding sport I didn't do.

Hc?

Odds:

Known Agenda 11 - 1
Like the King 46 - 1
Brooklyn Strong 40 - 1
Keepmeinmind 46 - 1
Sainthood 40 - 1
O Besos 39 - 1
Mandaloun 28 - 1
Medina Spirit 12 - 1
Hot Rod Charlie 5 - 1
Midnight Bourbon 12 - 1
Dynamic One 42 - 1
Helium 35 - 1
Hidden Stash 35 - 1
Essential Quality 5 - 2
Rock Your World 9 - 2
King Fury SCR
Highly Motivated 11 - 1
Super Stock 33 - 1
Soup and Sandwich 25 - 1
Bourbonic 28 - 1

Winner: Known Agenda will win his first Kentucky derby!

Known agenda got buried.

I'm cumming.

First you stole my annual thread, the one thing I look forward to all year, and now you gotta make fun of me too? Fuck you, mayne.

It's a little suspicious that "Moderna Spirit" was the winner. It's like subliminal advertising or something.

Total scam. Win was as real as covid-19.

The horse was a druggie!

Beep Boop Beep!

Betamethasone is the same drug that was found in the system of Gamine, another Baffert-trained horse who finished third in the Kentucky Oaks last September. Medina Spirit is Baffert's fifth horse to fail a drug test in a year.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/medina-spirit-kentucky-derby-2021-winner-drug-test/

Beep Boop Beep!

Bad horse!

Yeah you tell him! He's way out of line. I have no idea why we even let him take control.

Thank you, Donna. Glad to see there is one person left with some decency around here.

Like - the - king

Kentucky? they have home advantage after all.

CHINK-SLIT LIUVER,. I HATWE CINSK, - @Azn2

Essential Quality was steamed down to even money odds (1/1) yesterday after well-known bettor Mattress Mack bet a healthy six digits on the horse. https://www.vegasinsider.com/horse-racing/odds/kentucky-derby/
Oops!

Churchill Downs suspended trainer Bob Baffert from entering horses at the track and suggested that it would invalidate the Kentucky Derby victory of his horse, Medina Spirit, if the results of a failed postrace drug test are upheld.

Churchill Downs' announcement comes after Baffert announced the failed drug test, which he vowed to fight "tooth and nail."

The track said in a statement Sunday that failure to comply with the rules and medication protocols jeopardizes the safety of horses and jockeys, the sport's integrity and the Derby's reputation.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/medina-spirit-kentucky-derby-2021-winner-drug-test/

Beep Boop Beep!

and suggested that it would invalidate the Kentucky Derby victory of his horse, Medina Spirit, if the results of a failed postrace drug test are upheld
Does this mean that people who won money by betting on Medicated Medina Spirit will be required to return their winnings?

@CrystalRaindrops

Nope: https://www.nytimes.com/2021/05/10/sports/horse-racing/kentucky-derby-bets-medina-spirit.html

A Derby Winner’s Drug Test Won’t Affect Any Bets. Here’s Why.

A failed drug test has cast doubt on Medina Spirit’s victory at Churchill Downs. But people who bet on him to win will keep their money either way.
Betting rules at horse racing tracks, off-site wagering venues and internet sites are very clear in cases like this. Once a race has been declared official, a few minutes after it is over, the betting is final. Winners can collect their cash, and losers can tear up their tickets.

The reason for this is pretty simple. Once the money starts getting handed over, it becomes impossible to track. Derby bettors have long since folded up their cash, or maybe spent it on a round of drinks. And who’s going to be the person tasked with walking up to Lefty or Cincinnati Joe and asking him to give back that $20 he just pocketed?

Whew, that's a relief. Thanks!

You're welcome! I'm glad you get to keep your millions!

I'm glad you get to keep your millions!
Me too… although I'll always feel that my winnings are a little tainted. Oh well.

The trainer is saying he "unknowingly" treated the horse with a a steroid:

After Medina Spirit, a 3-year-old colt, finished second at the Santa Anita Derby on April 3, he "developed dermatitis on his hind end" before a veterinarian "recommended the use of an anti-fungal ointment called Otomax," Baffert said in a statement Tuesday.

"Yesterday, I was informed that one of the substances in Otomax is betamethasone," he said.

"While we do not know definitively that this was the source of the alleged 21 picograms found in Medina Spirit's post-race blood sample, and our investigation is continuing, I have been told by equine pharmacology experts that this could explain the test results. As such, I wanted to be forthright about this fact as soon as I learned of this information," he said.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/medina-spirit-unknowingly-treated-steroid-showed-drug-test-trainer-says-n1266973

I wanted to be forthright about this fact as soon as I learned of this information," he said.
He also added, "That's my story and I'm sticking to it."

Seriously, though, I don't know what to believe. On the one hand it sounds like an honest mistake. On the other hand it seems like a veterinarian treating a horse entered in the most high-profile horse race in the world should've known better - i.e. that Otomax contains a banned substance. Maybe Baffert needs to check his veterinarians a little more thoroughly.

Yeah, plus, he's been a trainer for years, so he must've used ointment on horses before.

Bonita Applebum