Desperately Seeking Susan : Desperately Seeking Susan - Trailer, Clip & Review

Desperately Seeking Susan - Trailer, Clip & Review

What's your opinion on Madonna's preview movie? She actually only had a supporting role. Rosanna Arquette was the lead.

a decent movie, but not funny
I fear I may be going against the grain here…

"Desperately Seeking Susan" was certainly inventive, original, and oftentimes fun. The acting was actually decent, even from Madonna (whose acting has won her 6 Razzies). However, I think the movie suffers from being labelled a comedy. While a couple lines brought a smile or a chuckle, I rarely laughed throughout this movie. Not that there were jokes that didn't work; I couldn't tell what was even supposed to be funny! The whole situation was amusing, but I wouldn't call it laugh-out-loud funny. Eh, whatever. I'd still recommend it.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0089017/

Administrator
"filmboards is a bold experiment in free speech and anarchy"
I GameBoy

Re: Desperately Seeking Susan - Trailer, Clip & Review

It was great. I guess I agree, that it wasn't really a comedy. More like an amusing film, with a memorable conclusion. The ending was the perfect stage for one of Madonna's biggest songs ever.

It's the only thing I've ever liked Madonna in, and that includes most of her music videos. The movie was amusing and quite endearing.

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

Meh.

out.gif

😺 Schrodinger's Cat walks into a bar, and doesn't. 🤨 President Trump is a FIGHTER and a HERO, and will win in a landslide over Biden!

She always grossed me out due to her looks and demeanor so I never saw that film.

I did like her voice at times but she reminded me of the Italian trash times I grew up around. ALso, I saw her naked pics back then and she was the type of Italian woman he had pubic hair that goes up to her navel, like some Italian guys.

Gross.

I have a soft spot for this unusual and amusing off-kilter comedy/thriller. It doesn't have to be laugh out loud funny to make it work. Slapstick is what usually creates huge guffaws and this wasn't that kind of film. I recall the first time I saw it and as soon as it opened in the beauty parlor I knew I was going to love it. Contemporary but different at the time and now just a wonderful contemporary 80's blast from the past.

The film has a Jonathan Demme vibe to it and was a year before
Something Wild
, a film that pairs wonderfully with Susan, even though I would consider SW superior.

Norman! What did you put in my tea?