Economics, Business, Money, Finance : Are people on welfare the smart ones?

Re: Are people on welfare the smart ones?

i suggested it was Shredder, too, but thats what Catbug said who it is:

EDIT

i'm going to PM u what she said.

suck it.

That is definitely Itty. Hungry is going senile if he thinks it's anyone else. You can always trust Catbug's judgment on Itty because she has seen his drunken rants here and on Tinychat as much as anyone.

Perhaps it is Catbug!

I find it weird Itty talks about me on Tinychat. Seriously, this dude was a non-entity for me other than some funny drunken posts. I can't recall even interacting with him long enough to fight with him.

It's not Catbug. Look at that first post he made in that thread. He went right after Klam, viciously, which is what he has been doing lately.

Remember when he made the thread "Klam is ugly" two nights ago? He revived that theme at the link.
Your face. It's ugly.

No amount of makeup can make you look good.

I know; just kidding about it being catbug. I get a lot of it sounded the same (being ugly, looking Russian, "I got something hot for you").

He has said this many times to people who were trolling him.
You got a big mouth

Do you think it could be Steve Lake?

Harold,the singing angel harks.

As a special treat they may occasionally take advantage of Amazons unlimited free return policy to temporarily own some trinket which they will have to return after 3 days because they can't afford it.

R. I. P. FFS (1975-2021)
Murdered by a Teutonic catfish

I ordered a book then promptly spilled my drink all over it when it arrived so I told them it showed up that way and had them send me a new one and I felt terrible that I was ripping them off just because I was a klutz.

Keep on smiling!

I did the same!

How the hell is Bezos so rich? That's two books, at least, that we know of, that he's down. The world's a big place. How many couches, TVs, and electrical items have been ruined by drink and returned?

R. I. P. FFS (1975-2021)

Government contracts

Go on.

How did his model reach the point where he was capable of providing government sized services?

R. I. P. FFS (1975-2021)

Because Bezos is a goon ass twink bastard. Fuck his mother.

But he gets to shit in the mouth of America.

R. I. P. FFS (1975-2021)

And the government pries our mouth wide open to receive that glorious billionaire shit

True!

It wouldn't surprise me if he funded this pandemic/election package.

R. I. P. FFS (1975-2021)

Only if they're happy with what welfare affords them. Depending on the country you're in, there might be either a very generous welfare system, or a practically non-existent one. I live in a country with the former and I've heard that being on welfare is all well and good until you're given mandatory activities (which supposedly just teach you the same things every time) and volunteer work (for six months of the year) to do just to keep receiving benefits. But if someone chooses to live off of benefits their whole life, then that's what they've chosen. They have waived the right to complain about their situation when there are other options available to them.

Mandatory activities? Interesting. I'm not sure we have that here. Other than standing in line on welfare check day.

If they got rid of mandatory activities here then I'd be ready to live on welfare the rest of my life.

They won't though. It's the one thing that keeps the lazy people and drug addicts from staying on it. Though some of them still do.

Dane?

Nope.

I know some people on welfare that drive 60,000 trucks. Scamming the system or what.

I think they're probably the least impacted by the pandemic in terms of general population. Their income remained stable and many live in subsidised housing, whilst for a lot of people it meant taking a cut in wages, claiming benefits like job seekers allowance which is nothing and taking Mortgage holidays which was never going to be a good idea.

Fuck them at least I have my pride!

“I didn't know you could read”

What can we do though? It's estimated now that at least 10% of people who are working age aren't actually fit for employment, be it mentally, physically, or emotionally. Yet, what do we do about it?

I think the first thing to do is stop treating them like they're equal members of society. They're not. They're only alive because we're keeping them. They're no more able to look after themselves than children.

If you're on welfare, you definitely shouldn't get the vote. You have absolutely no right to comment on how everyone else's tax dollars are spent. Maybe without their vote, the Dems might come up with policies that improve the country instead of perpetuating dependence and therefore destroying it.

R. I. P. FFS (1975-2021)

What can we do though?

Honestly? I don't know. Tony Blair made it so that claiming benefits is a career choice, it's no longer a safety net for people to get back on their feet as it ought to be.

Council houses get passed down through generations as if people own the house. There are single people occupying 3-4 bedroom council houses simply because they've always lived there. Morbidly obese people get free mobility scooters and enough money to maintain their lifestyle. Meanwhile genuinely disabled people are being forced to prove that their disability prevents them working.

It's messed up and it's been messed up for so long that people are now feeling entitled.

“I didn't know you could read”

With the advent of AI and robots, what will happen to 90% of us?

They'll bring in universal credit shortly, and then complain when everyone becomes a fat nihilist.

R. I. P. FFS (1975-2021)

Sup,Dude should know all about welfare.

ur such a babie

I've always said this. People who claim all their lives aren't stupid lol. They get to do what they want, when they want. Sure they don't have money to splash about, but is that really important when life could be cut short at any moment.