Action and Adventure : Poll: "ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK" or "ESCAPE FROM L.A.", Which Movie do you Like More ?

"ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK" or "ESCAPE FROM L.A.", Which Movie do you Like More ?

Which Movie do you yourself Like More ?

Escape From New York
0% 0 votes
Escape From L.A.
0% 0 votes
Both
0% 0 votes
Neither
0% 0 votes
I Don't Know
0% 0 votes

Re: "ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK" or "ESCAPE FROM L.A.", Which Movie do you Like More ?

Escape From New York

Re: "ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK" or "ESCAPE FROM L.A.", Which Movie do you Like More ?

Definitely Escape from New York. I didn't care for the jokey tone of Escape from L.A.

You've seen Guy Standeven in something since the man was in everything.

Escape From New York is a top-notch sci-fi thriller and one of John Carpenter's classic films. Escape From L.A. is just plain silly by comparison (and the CGI is awful).

New York FTW

"(and the CGI is awful)"

—————————

Agreed!

I actually like Escape from L.A. a lot better and am probably in the minority.

The problem I have with Escape from New York is that the plot was completely predictable. Lee Van Cleef's character says tells Plisken exactly what he is going to do and what is going to happen, and it turns out, that is exactly what happens.

Where as the second one, the characters didn't know how things were going to go and there was an ending I didn't see coming which I liked more. Now Escape from L.A is more silly, but I thought it does a much better job as a silly movie, than the first one does as a serious movie.

You are looking at the first film incorrectly.

You need to imagine being Snake.

You could be asked to go into this city sized prison to get a box laying in the street, something super easy, and it would be hell having to do it.

You don't need a complex plot with twists if the goal is to achieve doing something insanely difficult.

One thing that helps me enjoy movies more is to imagine it is real. If I do that I start "feeling" the story and I'm not just "watching a movie".

However, if a story is a comedy as the second one was, I can't do it.

They should turn Oregon into a prison state and nuke it out of existence.

Harold,the singing angel harks.

Why do the likes of NY and LA get all these big blockbuster films? I wanna live in a world where ' Escape from Fargo, ND ' is a movie! Fuck NY and their jews!

CHINK-SLIT LIUVER,. I HATWE CINSK, - @Azn2

Escape From Your Mom's Basement

Harold,the singing angel harks.

You wanna say that again Kurt? Its hard to understand you with all that JUSTIN TRUDEA cock in your mouth!

CHINK-SLIT LIUVER,. I HATWE CINSK, - @Azn2

Escape from New York was a real science fiction story that had a variety of social messages. It had uncomfortably weird crazy characters, but that's because of the setting and made sense.

Escape From LA was an example of how to ruin a sequel by making it into a comedy and not having a serious tone, when everyone loved the first one for the serious tone, although there were some weird characters. Those weird characters were supposed to be crazy people, not comedy figures.

The first one was great.

It was nice to see snake back, but there was too much comedy in the second.

To me, it's bizarre that they didn't make a serious series for the main character. They could have made a bunch of awesome movies.

The creator must have been a moron.

Escape From New York by a mile. Its got Lee Van Cleef in it for a start.
Even in '97 the CGI in Escape From LA was bad. The audience in the cinema started laughing when the skyscraper windows shattered at the beginning.

I rewatched the first one, and I fail to see how it looks more realistic than the L.A..

In the first one for example, when the plane lands, you can tell it's an obvious model. And they can't even afford to show hardly any recognizable parts of New York so they opt for computer generated outlines from the point of view of the computers.

So for those who say Escape from L.A. looks to fake, how can you say that when the first one doesn't look realistic either?

Oh yes I agree to a point.
The first one is low budget and it shows. The second has a bigger budget and the production design is great, money well spent. But the cgi feels a little lower quality than the rest of the production so it stood out a bit more.
The first has a more even tone.
Escape From LA's cgi only really suffered on the big screen. It was a bit unfair to say Esacape From New York by a mile. To be honest I hold them both to a similar level, the only reason the first takes it for me is because of Van Cleef (even in a small role) and the slightly grittier '80s tone.
I love both endings with Snake throwing a spanner in the works. The second is my favourite with him turning off the world. I would still love to see a 3rd instalment.