TV General : The Real World: Homecoming (2021)

The Real World: Homecoming (2021)

In 1992, The Real World embodied the voice of Generation X and captured the zeitgeist of young people all over the world. The series was groundbreaking in its willingness to show diverse castmembers and paved the way for the phenomenon we now commonly refer to as "Reality Television."

Well, fast forward 30 years and you have the same group of seven strangers reuniting in the same loft they shared in the 90s. Familiar arguments arise as we catch-up with everything they've done since then. The show is a great flashback to the past and provides insight on how certain issues remain relevant today.

Streaming on Amazon Prime.

Re: The Real World: Homecoming (2021)

Oh I did that last month. It was terrible. Terrible idea for a show. Very stressful. I feel bad for having ever watched someone go through a situation like that in order to make network CEOs more wealthy than they already were.

You’re an idiot

I’ve actually never seen original real world since I was too young for it then. But I definitely still want to watch this

It’s been okay so far but it’s amazing how they wind up talking about the same topics from 30 years ago. Race, class, homosexuality…it all comes full circle. There’s a few more unaired episodes. We’ll see if it holds my attention.

It’s sad those topics are still an issue, but maybe they wanted to bring that to light and show how some things haven’t changed in society even after 30 years. It’s only on amazon prime? I’m hoping it will get released on YouTube later on so I can see it for free lol

Actually, it's on Paramount Plus. Prime does actually have that if you want to subscribe to it though.

Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world, I feel like I can't take it, and my heart is just going to cave in.