Science : TRIVIA: WINNER!: MovieManCin2!: Which of the VOLCANOS in the ENTIRE WORLD…

TRIVIA: WINNER!: MovieManCin2!: Which of the VOLCANOS in the ENTIRE WORLD…

is the MOST DANGEROUS?!?

Galeras

Mount Nyirgongo

Popocatépetl

Taal Volcano

YELLOWSTONE!!

"I AM El Señor Fernando PÓO (💩)!!!!".

Re: TRIVIA: Which of the VOLCANOS in the ENTIRE WORLD is the MOST DANGEROUS?!…

Mount Vesuvius

, and it WASN'T EVEN in the TRIVIA so you KNOW that's NOT IT!

Yeah,why would these experts know anything……https://www.volcanodiscovery.com/faq/the_most_dangerous_volcano.html

NOPE!

Popocatepetl! You can make an accent mark, wow wow wow wow wow wow!

Schrodinger's Cat walks into a bar, and doesn't. 😼 (The Cat just got even weirder. See The Mandela Effect.) 😸

You CAN IF you're on a MAC!

Nope. PC here.

Schrodinger's Cat walks into a bar, and doesn't. 😼 (The Cat just got even weirder. See The Mandela Effect.) 😸

Yellowstone!

No wait! It's Yellowstone, cause it's a SUPER VOLCANO, and when it goes it'll take out 2/3 of the USA or more!

Re: YELLOWSTONE!!!…

#1 = YELLOWSTONE SUPERVOLCANO!!!!!

"The SUPERVOLCANO in Yellowstone National Park is CONSIDERED the MOST DANGEROUS because of the SHEER DESTRUCTION it would cause IF it were to ERUPT!! An EXPLOSION would WIPE-OUT the ENTIRE western USA, KILLING an ESTIMATED 87,000 people INSTANTLY!! The ASH would AFFECT the HEALTH of people THROUGHOUT the WORLD for YEARS to COME!!!

Re: YELLOWSTONE!!!…

ALL RIGHT!

What do I win?

I would say Taal Volcano… proximity-wise, it has the largest population (nearly 25 million) at risk of lava/lahar/ash flows during eruption, not including potential tsunami nor distant ashfall.

Re: TRIVIA: WINNER!: MovieManCin2!: Which of the VOLCANOS in the ENTIRE WORLD…

Yellowstone? What are u basing that choice on? Yellowstone Caldera doesn't even appear on the list of so-called "Decade Volcanoes":
The Decade Volcanoes are 16 volcanoes identified by the International Association of Volcanology and Chemistry of the Earth's Interior (IAVCEI) as being worthy of particular study in light of their history of large, destructive eruptions and proximity to populated areas.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decade_Volcanoes

I CAN'T and WON'T REVEAL my SOURCE as one can then look up FUTURE trivia quizzes that I'll be giving.

Okay, fair enough… but just let it be known that I strongly dispute the choice of Yellowstone as being the "correct" answer.

Carry on.

Re: Okay, But AGAIN this is what my SOURCE says…

#1 = YELLOWSTONE SUPERVOLCANO!!!!!

"The SUPERVOLCANO in Yellowstone National Park is CONSIDERED the MOST DANGEROUS because of the SHEER DESTRUCTION it would cause IF it were to ERUPT!! An EXPLOSION would WIPE-OUT the ENTIRE western USA, KILLING an ESTIMATED 87,000 people INSTANTLY!! The ASH would AFFECT the HEALTH of people THROUGHOUT the WORLD for YEARS to COME!!!

Re: Okay, But AGAIN this is what my SOURCE says…

My problem with that claim is that nobody can accurately predict how strong an eruption Yellowstone Caldera (or any other volcano, for that matter) would actually have in the future. Not all of Yellowstone's past eruptions have been on some huge cataclysmic scale…… an eruption that size is possible, but not guaranteed. Who's to say that Mount Taal couldn't also have an epic-sized cataclysmic eruption? But it doesn't even need a supereruption to be hugely destructive. Even a moderately large eruption of Taal would be extremely deadly. If it had such an eruption, it would wipe out far more people than Yellowstone - as pointed out, some 25 million people live within 30-50 miles of it (Manila is very close by).

Currently, scientists
"see no evidence that another such cataclysmic eruption will occur at Yellowstone in the foreseeable future. Recurrence intervals of these events are neither regular nor predictable."

This conclusion was reiterated in December 2013 in the aftermath of the publication of a study by University of Utah scientists finding that the "size of the magma body beneath Yellowstone is significantly larger than had been thought". The Yellowstone Volcano Observatory issued a statement on its website stating,

"Although fascinating, the new findings do not imply increased geologic hazards at Yellowstone, and certainly do not increase the chances of a 'supereruption' in the near future. Contrary to some media reports, Yellowstone is not 'overdue' for a supereruption.[44]"
*see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yellowstone_Caldera#Volcanoes

On the other hand, Mount Taal appears to have more volcanic and seismic activity going on than Yellowstone does, which earns it a spot on the "Decade Volcano" list. Yellowstone isn't even on the list. IOW Mount Taal is more dangerous because it's more immediately dangerous. Personally I wouldn't live in or near Manila if u paid me… but I would cheerfully live anywhere near Yellowstone.

IS that a DELETED scene from Gravity (2013)? They must've CUT the 🐱 from the film!

Yes. They cut this scene also:

And this one:

They all are if you get too close.