The Watercooler : Poll: If You Had A Time Machine Would Which Decade Would You Choose To Live In?

Re: If You Had A Time Machine Would Which Decade Would You Choose To Live In?

Cause trying to take over India was so much more nobler. Or the Brits colonizing Africa to rape it for its resources. Do not sit there and pretend your countries hands are clean

Number one, I never once said my countries hands are clean. Nor did I say it is better.

Number two, Africa would have just wasted those resources, even today they are all starving despite living on a continent that has 1000 animals to every human, They travel 30 miles on foot to a well for clean water rather than just build their wood huts close to the well ffs! they fucking SUCK at resource management. Better we have them.

Number 3, It was ok when England done it, we are gods chosen people. Did you know that in some parts of india, GANG RAPE is a legal form of punishment? I dont think many people would miss India all that much and I actually hope we have another crack at taking it. Better we have it.

Number 4, you should be THANKING us, we planted the seeds that would later go on to be Australia and America, if not for us you would be speaking German right now! is that what you what Anna? verdammt deutsch sprechen? na dann geh !! Geh und sprich deutsch du fickst tard!

Number 5, im NOT proud of the British empire, I think the fact that we still have queens and kings and princes is rather gay. I'm proud of british PEOPLE like Noel Galleghar, Alan Shearer, Mr Bean, both Ant and Dec……but no, im not proud of the empire. Also, I think its really strange that we wear gay wigs in court, how the fuck can you sit there and serve justice when you look like an old tart? Its fucking gay and I hate it.

Now if you will exsqueeze me, Im off to go make a nice cup of tea, put on my white glove and have a wank to a picture of the young queen on the back of a 5 pound note. Good day to you you ghastly negris

lol im just fucking with you Anna sorry. Yeah ur right. We were a bit naughty back in the day too perhaps thats why both our countries get along and have a special relationship? partners in crime and all that

Hey, u wanna go fuck up some tribesmen? I think a few tribes exist in the amazon. I can rape em and you can enslave em, what do you say?

My Gaming Life = https://filmboards.com/board/p/3345749/

Number one, I never once said my countries hands are clean. Nor did I say it is better.
It is exactly what you implied as for the rest tdltr

“I may be on the side of the angels but don’t think for one second that I am one of them.”

No no no Anal, I never once said it. It is entirely possible to criticise someone else while being aware of your own flaws.

Can you say with 100 percent certainty that if Africa created the gun and the ship first, they would not have fucked US over? A case for self defence could actually be made here.

You might want to brush up on your history of the United Kingdom and its impact in the wider world there Anna

Don't get me wrong, the UK has done plenty of bad in its time and deserves derision for it but ending the Arabic slave trade in Eastern Africa and bringing social reforms for Indians are two massive things which brought more equality into the world than anything else.

Again, it was all for profit and so not without harm but I don't think you'll see any other coloniser do anything similar, even now.

LOL. 🤡🌎

you'll see any other coloniser do anything similar, even now.
Why would they? They've been shown that the world has no integrity and instead of being grateful for a good deed done people will twist the narrative to make it a bad one.

I bet most people don't even know what the Maratha or Mughal empires were. They most definitely won't know the good England did when they began to exert their influence on India.

Countries were enslaving people long before England did. No country abolished slavery until after England did. Therefore, in the illogical mind of a liberal, that makes England responsible for slavery and an evil entity like no other.

And so on, and so on, with democracy, education, health, etc. The country that leads the way in improving things seems to be forever associated with the problem and not the cure.

I wouldn't waste your time debating with people who are too ignorant to learn the history of an issue before opening their mouth on it.

The point I was making was a lot of countries do not have clean hands. This isn't just about one subject. The American bashing gets over the top ridiculous.

“I may be on the side of the angels but don’t think for one second that I am one of them.”

I agree the American bashing should stop

I just felt it important to say that some good can com from colonisers alongside the bad

LOL. 🤡🌎

Yeah all of them are. Humans are racist. Stop being a douche. We have to learn not to be and unfortunately most of the world is still racist.

There's more racist people than non racist people. Racism outweighs non racism.

You're racist. You called me all kinds of racist stuff. I don't associate with racist people once I find out that's how they are.

Are we sure that racism is actually a thing tho? I mean do racist people hate because of skin colour, or are they just assholes in general? Take southern America for example, these people bang their sisters into the dirt ffs, weather the sister wants it or not. Some thing tells me they were just rotten to begin with.

Think of the most racist person you know, do they show pure hate for black people and are nice as pie to all whites all the time?

maybe they aint exacrly racist, maybe they are just assholes? ever think about that? huh?

Yeah racism is a thing. I don't really feel like talking more to you, alright? Goodbye

are you sure its just me or do you just hate white folk in genitals? What is it about our pasty white skin an blonde hair and sky blu eyes that you burnt folk dont like?

I'd like to experience the drive-in era of the 70s and midnight movies during that era at select theaters.

The height of the sexual revolution would be interesting.

And the technology had some unique stuff that would be somewhat interesting to me.

Early cable TV experience and the dawn of the video revolution.

The punk era would interesting to experience rather than just look at.

It seemed like there was more freedom in that period.

And I like the movies from that era, so seeing them on the big screen when they were new would be an interesting experience for me.

I'm not big on some of the clothes and hair styles, cars that were big as boats, 8-track tapes or the air pollution but I could avoid that.

I want to say the 80s as well, but I experienced a lot of that already.
I'd be more interested in the first half of the decade though.

Trust me, it really wasn't all that. Most people weren't that impressed. We lived our lives just like now. Same human experience. New tech was a wonder, fashion was either cool or not, music was either cool or lame, dating was a bit more exciting though without the social media but there were more venereal diseases. We had old seniors just like now. Movies were movies. Only difference was there were less genres to choose.

There was also a fitness craze and vegan as well.

The only difference between then and now is racism is worse than ever before and there is a general lack of mutual respect.

Some of my greatest memories took place in the 1990's. The 80's were fun too. Early 2000's weren't bad either.

Wasn't old enough to experience/remember much of the 70's, but I did love the clothes and music so it would have been fun to go to the disco clubs then lol.