Princess Diana : England's Rose: really?!

England's Rose: really?!

Elton does know she was the Princess of Wales, correct? I mean he didn't even bother to write a new song, he just put new words on an old Marilyn Monroe tribute song.

Mean people suck.

Re: England's Rose: really?!

Always thought that was such a shitty tribute song. Elton John at the very least could have made more of an effort to write a new tune in order to properly honor Princess Diana's tragic untimely death.

Yes, this is really me.

So I'm not the only one! I think he figured correctly that most people were unaware of his original song, so he just pretended it was original. That's how most cover songs work: they count on the listeners not being aware of the far superior originals.
And again in this case he not only dissed Wales of which she was the former Princess, but the rest of the UK: Scotland and Northern Ireland. Why didn't he just title it Goodbye Britain's Rose snd make s new melody? But let's face it; he hadn't had a great song since the '70s.

Mean people suck.

i think everyone knew it was a remake of the Marilyn song

but i think the whole rushed aspect of recycling that old song was because of the whole untimely situation of her death, and that unlike Monroe, Elton knew this person

the funniest thing is that after Elton said Keith Richards looks like an "old monkey on stage", Richards shot back

"he can only write songs about dead blondes"

www.thefearmakers.blogspot.com

Touché! Actually Billy Jean King was a live brunette.

Mean people suck.