The Watercooler : My dad just pulled the plug, today.

Re: My dad just pulled the plug, today.

My dad was infected with bacteria after being at the hospital, too, I think, I think in his blood. Yea, it's sad to see them cough with the ventilator. I think my dad experienced some relief but was "fading fast" yet still "slow and steady." He was supposed to live another year with some other problems.

(?) ⅛ Dutch ½ Chinese-Indonesian
BlogSpot

I'm so sorry for you Christina. Condolences on your loss.

filmboards Administrator & Troll Slayer

I GameBoy
- H. superior

Thank you. It's been a rough time.

BlogSpot

filmboards Administrator & Troll Slayer

I GameBoy
- H. superior

BlogSpot

I have been praying for your Dad several times today when I first read this OP. I'm so terribly sorry Christina that you lost your Dad. You have been through so much in the past 3 years.

Don't let fear control you. You are not alone. You can always pm me. I will help you. I have resources. For the next several days just try to keep yourself grounded. Don't worry about decades or years. But take day by day.

I know things have been awfully tough. But God would never and won't abandon you. Stay focused on what things you must do next.

And again you can contact Me any hour of the day. I will help you if I am asked.

The only poster who had his account banned 4 times without ever breaking any rules each of those times.

Thank you so much for your prayers and caring and concern! Yes, our family has sat through much, not exactly knowing how our parents were going all the time, afraid to come to the thought, too.

Thank you! I am being helped by my aunts and younger brother about where I will live and maybe getting a used car if with my dad's savings. We'll get money after the house is sold. I'm supposed to find a group home that takes medical insurance, might have found one far away in another state, Arizona.

So, I'm battling diabetes and going uphill, hope to see my A1C lower 2 points at my next blood test. The pills make me tired to work and it's hard to sleep the night, too, though, now. I experienced some trembling in my right foot that might be sorta dislocated. I hadn't driven much in 15 years, too, though now don't even have a car I can use.

BlogSpot

So sorry to hear that, Christina.

You're so lucky to have your family around you for their love and support. Your dad knows how much you cared about him. Stay strong and know that you will always have his love.

Thank you. Yes, I was lucky to have a good family. Thank you for the nice ideas. I'm sad to see his love go, but he was 70 though young-looking. He seems to have died for my mom. At least, that's when he started using a walker, at the decline.

BlogSpot

Awwwww I'm sorry Christina 🥺❤

Lmao 🙄

Thank you so much! It was so sad, to see him go.

BlogSpot

i'm sorry to hear that. i remember you posted a video of you two singing together and i could tell how much he cared about you. you were lucky to have him and he was lucky to have you.

Thank you so much! Thank you about the video of us singing, too! Yea, it must have been a special pastime we didn't have enough of. I still have a flute he bought me, but I'm getting rid of the pink guitar I probably got in 2012. May his soul RIP … and live again in Heaven.

BlogSpot

My aunt said that my dad happened to had texted her, "Save me!" because he wanted the nurse to come when he lost the buzzer, maybe Friday late at night. His death was a sad one, overall more unstable than my mom's, who had more hope longer though and composed herself well at the end, very well. She said it was probably harder for him to breathe. He told me he was never in pain! She said he probably was starting to feel pain. That might have contributed to this event. I wonder if he wanted to die Saturday, February 27th, or was it Friday the day before? Anyway, he's lived prepared for this a long long time. I wonder what his last moments were like and what it was like for the nurses to see. I don't know what happened to my mom, but she was unconscious with a machine breathing through her nose, little tubes. My dad had a tube in a hole in his throat.

BlogSpot

Hey there, Christina, sorry to hear the sad news about your dad. My condolences. Hang in there, little buddy.

Thank you. I will! It's been quite a life changer.

BlogSpot

My sincere condolences, Christina. I hope you're getting all the help you need.

Hey, it's a kind of magic!

Thank you. Yes, we're seeing how much money I will get out of this so I can support myself and see my options. I also want to major in German and Violin.

BlogSpot

I cried in the bus to myself when my mom went to the hospital, but I haven't cried about my dad yet. I see other people sad or reminders and it makes me sad often.

BlogSpot

It's okay to grieve in however manner you want to grieve. Sometimes it hits you immediately, and sometimes it takes several months. You might still be in shock or denial, and that's okay.

Please keep us in the loop on how things go for you. I hope you can still stay in your father's house for the time being.

Well, he knew for like 2 years, he was ready but reluctant.

Thanks, yea, we're still here. I might get benefits and hope to get it to pay for housing etc. and I can get aid for UF!

BlogSpot