The Watercooler : My dad just pulled the plug, today.

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

Re: My dad just pulled the plug, today.

I'm very sorry about this Christina. I think about my own parents dying and know how hard it will be for me then. Your father now pain free and watching you from heaven with your mother. God bless, Xtina. πŸ™ ❀

I don’t like myself, you know. I love myself, of course. I'm devoted to myself till my dying day. But I don't like myself.

Thank you. Yes, it is a solemn thing. Yes, my dad's suffering should be gone and his soul should be free in "the next life." He is with my mom. Thank you!

(?) β…› Dutch β…œ Anglo/Irish, German, French, (β…› Dutch) Β½ Chinese-Indonesian
BlogSpot

You're welcome Christina love ❀ ❀

I don’t like myself, you know. I love myself, of course. I'm devoted to myself till my dying day. But I don't like myself.

I'm so sorry to hear about you losing your dad, Christina. I'm glad that he was not in pain and that you were able to say goodbye. From what you were writing, things sounded like he was declining rapidly and he was getting worse, so it's good to know he's in a better place now, and his pain and suffering is over. He's watching over you now with your mother.

Take good care of yourself, and I hope and pray that you find your way in this world, to find a home and life that works well for you moving forward.

"Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly." Morticia Addams

Thank you. Yes, it seems he was doing well on the ventilator etc. He got better and was able to talk! raspily. Only the ventilator was keeping him alive. You know, he didn't really say bye, but he had it planned. My mom left a long letter by our childhood pictures, the bad ones saved with the negatives after Hurricane Katrina. We thought he would die in the hospital, but he thought he'd go home and said not to come to the hospital. Yes, I've felt like dying every day lately! It all started with my foot, like you advised me about. Last I called, they didn't answer, but overall it's better. I've also been frantic calling about group homes for a bit and did finish cleaning, taking out stuff to get rid of. Yes, though, he was nursed to being able to talk but I bet getting much worse, on more pain medicine. Yes, he must have been "declining rapidly!" Yes, he has joined my mom like a star in the skies.. Thank you! I hope to "find my way in the world!" I might have to stay here until I feel comfortable living on my own … I want to moveto Northern Ohio. I want a job in movie acting and use the money to move to Germany! I am still trying to learn violin for myself.

(?) β…› Dutch β…œ Anglo/Irish, German, French, (β…› Dutch) Β½ Chinese-Indonesian
BlogSpot

Christina, I'm so sorry for your loss.

Thank you! He's in a better place.

BlogSpot

Deepest condolences, Christina. πŸ™ ❀️

Thank you.

BlogSpot

I'm so sorry for your loss, Christina, God Bless him

If we take the time to see with the heart and not with the mind, we shall see that we are surrounded completely by angels ~ Carlos Santana

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

Thank you. He knew a long time ago, at least 2 years ago.

BlogSpot

Christina, I'm so sorry about your dad, and that you are experiencing this tragedy at such a tumultuous time in your life. The loss of a loved one is never easy, it's even more difficult when that loved one is a parent. We have this idea when we're young, that our parents will be there no matter what during the most pivotal times in our lives, but that's not always the case.

Sometimes things don't go as planned or as we expected them to, and we may not fully understand why at the time. Just know that your mom and dad are with you in spirit, and they are watching over you in your time of need. Take this opportunity to reach out to your family and lean on them for emotional support. Their love will comfort and console you during your period of grief.

I pray that everything works out for the best with your living situation, and you'll find a place where you can thrive and be happy. Whenever you need to talk we'll listen. We're here for you, we care about you, and you are not alone.

Are You Feeling Hurt Or Triggered By Something I've Said? Call 1-800-BUTT-HURT| To Speak With An Experienced Unsympathetic Counselor Today!

Thank you! Yea, it is even terrible financially. I knew it was their time to go, life is life. It came as some sort of shock. I have a lot of unmet needs and wish I graduated, from college, lucky I finished high school at 17/18. The main sad thing about being 34 is your parents aging, retiring, and getting sick and dying.

I've tried to use my relatives for support, but they are so distant/removed. A new one I met on the Barrett side, first and only, said something intelligent on my Facebook, insinuating that all good people die.

Yes, I need a place! I can't stay with my younger brother for the rest of our lives.

Thank you! This is a great place, really, even with the misfits.

BlogSpot

Thank you! Yea, it is even terrible financially. I knew it was their time to go, life is life. It came as some sort of shock. I have a lot of unmet needs and wish I graduated, from college, lucky I finished high school at 17/18.

You're welcome!

Don't try to do to much too soon. Give yourself time to grieve, and when you are feeling up to it, try to figure out a game plan. There are tons of social service organizations in your area that you can contact for help. Explain your situation to them and they can point you in the right direction. Get your living situation secured first, then you can worry about college and all the rest later.

The main sad thing about being 34 is your parents aging, retiring, and getting sick and dying.

I've been there, so I totally understand. Unfortunately, it's all a part of this thing we call life.

Are You Feeling Hurt Or Triggered By Something I've Said? Call 1-800-BUTT-HURT| To Speak With An Experienced Unsympathetic Counselor Today!

That's exactly what we're doing, my younger brother and I. I'm sorta taking a breather with him, sorta already was. Yea, I was gonna get a lawyer to tell me my options, but my aunts and younger brother are supposed to do it. Yea, I was gonna find a place and then be an actor. I even found an NY program online for $1000, a certificate, in film acting. Not a convenient time and I can use every penny, for groceries and financial security/stability.

Yea, it's the circle of life for me come early! I was gonna move out but dreamed of living together again.

BlogSpot

That's great! Please keep us updated on your progress, ok? I want to know how things are coming along for you.

Thanks! You're a really nice person, despite what others have said, that topic one posted did.

BlogSpot

Thank you, Christina! I don't pay any mind to what a bunch of internet strangers say about me, none of them know me outside of this place. πŸ˜‰

Cool! Yea, some people here are pretty phony, and you get that!

I feel fortunate to have met you and post on the board because I'm half Caucasian half Asian.. I was thinking last night seeing different Black / African American people etc. that it's like being half African American except it's Yellow.

BlogSpot

Cool! Yea, some people here are pretty phony, and you get that!

Exactly. Which is why I don't take the majority of them seriously. This place is a simulation; a virtual façade, not real life.

I feel fortunate to have met you and post on the board because I'm half Caucasian half Asian.. I was thinking last night seeing different Black / African American people etc. that it's like being half African American except it's Yellow.

Thanks! 😊

When it comes right down to it, we all bleed red and we're a part of one race - the human race. Doesn't matter what color your skin is on the outside, it's what's on the inside that counts.

It's interesting we all come to this place, used to be big on IMDb.

Yea, Black / African American people seem to think that they don't fit in because of their skin. I was also thinking if Middle Easterners with dark skin … and Asians with dark hair … are accepted, maybe Blacks are just another "variety."

BlogSpot

It's not that we feel as though we don't fit in, but rather, we're being told that we don't belong.

Yeah, this place is a tiny microcosm of what IMDB used to be, but it's definitely not the same.

Dinner time, my dear. I shall return in a bit!

I know! The people in Orlando, the Europeans, are so mean and frantic about race. It's their secret, I guess? from some people who might know this place exists?

Yea, IMDb was a whole world. I bet everyone saved their account but thought film|boards wasn't enough, traffic or whatnot.

Bon appetit! … Speaking of groceries, I'm saving my SSI to make sure I have plenty for groceries and then some..

BlogSpot

I know! The people in Orlando, the Europeans, are so mean and frantic about race. It's their secret, I guess? from some people who might know this place exists?

I've heard that the racism is pretty bad in Florida, but I suppose that could apply to anywhere in the U.S., especially in the southern states.

Yeah, IMDb was a whole world. I bet everyone saved their account but thought film|boards wasn't enough, traffic or whatnot.

I left IMDB a year or so before it closed. My board bestie (who is also my RL bestie) was leaving and urged me to come with him, so I left, and took Betty with me. I was having major eye surgery that year too, so it was the right time to bid the Soapbox adieu.

Bon appetit! … Speaking of groceries, I'm saving my SSI to make sure I have plenty for groceries and then some..

Seems as though you should qualify for food stamps or something to help supplement your groceries. Check into applying if you haven't already.

Yea, Northern states "leave nothing to be desired." Also, New Orleans is a French penal colony from the 1700s, I think.

I'm sorry about your eye surgery, guess eyesight is a vitality posting online. I almost got to run away with Drew Gordon and "make lots of babies" or something. Maybe, he was merely fooling with me? He seems to be waiting and hiding. I did want to talk to him now.

Yes, I forgot, I had a question applying for food stamps and had to make a call, to them. It's been a month.

I just went for a 2 hour walk! I see my aunt tomorrow around 10 or 11.

BlogSpot

Sorry that it's taken my a while to respond back to you. I turned in early this evening and just woke up. So I haven't had a chance until now to read or respond to anything that was posted after I went to bed.

Yea, Northern states "leave nothing to be desired." Also, New Orleans is a French penal colony from the 1700s, I think.

Yes, New Orleans was founded in 1718, I believe. The people up North are a bit more anti-social than we folks down South, but I haven't noticed a difference in the amount of racism.

I'm sorry about your eye surgery, guess eyesight is a vitality posting online.

It's very vital, yes, and thank you. It's been a while since I've had it and I'm due for more, but it won't be it'll have to wait until this pandemic is over.

I almost got to run away with Drew Gordon and "make lots of babies" or something. Maybe, he was merely fooling with me? He seems to be waiting and hiding. I did want to talk to him now.

Did Drew propose to you?? I remember he was an odd fellow who hated Gameboy with a passion. I'm not so certain he would've been a good match for you, but who knows? His temperament was rather volatile.

Yes, I forgot, I had a question applying for food stamps and had to make a call, to them. It's been a month.

Good, make sure to follow through with that, so you can get any benefits that are due to you.

I just went for a 2 hour walk! I see my aunt tomorrow around 10 or 11.

That sounds like fun, exercise is good for your body and soul. I hope you have an enjoyable visit with your aunt!

Oh, good, you slept, I hope you had a good sleep!

People all over the US are issue-filled. Everyone is different. They have trivialities.

Yes, Drew said he'd marry me and go on a road trip of the US together in 2009, but he went alone anyway. He said to get married and have kids here. Yea, he might have been a bad influence and made me try smoking 2 cigarettes, one for me and one for my mom.

I just briefly saw my aunt as she explained what happened to my dad when I asked. She was horrified at his suffering, that his muscles don't regrow. He even texted her, "Save me!" as I explained in a previous post today at the bottom now of this topic. πŸ‘»

BlogSpot

Im very very very sorry for your loss Christina, it is an extremely heart breaking and soul crushing feeling to loose the person that you love with all your heart and bought you into this world, my condolences and may he rest in peace.I guess today is just unfathomable because guess what? I was reluctant to post anything here because of sick trolls and socks but ,at 6:45 this morning my father George passed away at the hospital at nearly 79 years of age and my soul is absolutely crushed and I haven't been able to stop crying.Remember, your dad will always love you and he is no longer suffering and is in a better place. May god bless you ,your dad and my dad. Hey maybe they will get to be friends in the big filmboards in the sky

Sorry to hear about your dad, Kirk. Hopefully you can find some solace in the fact that he's at peace now and his soul is at rest.

Thank you so much Chicka ,for your condolences, it will take time, it's a sureal feeling and it will take time as I've been crying my ass off and have to be strong for my mother.

YW!

Take your time, Kirk, and grieve at your own pace. I'm speaking from experience when I tell you that although you're hurting, and the overwhelming heartache of losing your dad feels unbearable right now, it won't last forever. This too shall pass.

Take a break from this place if you need to and focus on healing.

Actually as sad as it sounds,I'm hoping to find a bit of humor on filmboards,but im behaving now,I just feel like Karma got me 😐

Except for Donna, she needs her ass blocked.

She needs a lobotomy and an extensive course of ECT.

Bbiab, dinner time.

I'm so sad to hear of your loss, your poor, sweet, and innocent dad! in a hospital like me! I understand there are sick people here disturbing the peace. It's very sad to see dad go. At least, they must be in a better place, like everyone else before them. God Bless us!

BlogSpot

it's going to be tough to get past this, but we can Christina.

Yea, the bright side is that we're still alive.

BlogSpot

I'm so sorry Mate. When I saw your earlier thread, I had a feeling that all was not well with you. You'll need help to get through the grief too. We've always been Filmboards family, so you know we're here for you.

My condolences Kirk. I'm really sorry to hear about your dad.

So much grief on the board today with your dad and Christina's dad. to you both.

"Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly." Morticia Addams

πŸ™ Sorry for your loss, Kirk.

Sorry for your loss, Kirk. Losing a parent is like losing a part of oneself. Saying that it's hard to deal with is an understatement. The loss will be felt but life will go on and time will heal your sorrow, I'm sure.

I'm so sorry, Christina. Sending much love your way and I hope you aren't alone this evening.

:) hello…

Thank you! Yes, I've been with my younger brother. He seems rather sad, more than when he was ready for my mom to die, now both are gone.

BlogSpot

How your dad passed seems almost like mine, my dad went in with a strong bladder infection,had to be put on a ventilator for a few days,felt great for a few days and then really went down hill fast.
β–² Top