Horror : where the f is the status of horror movies right now?

where the f is the status of horror movies right now?

id' say its' non existent which is worse than bad.

i cant' think of a time when horror movies have been in such a bad state as they are in right now and they are in an abysmal place right now.

we don't have theater horror movies that are good anymore.

this is the best way of gauging where the quality of horror movies are at any time.

it used to be in a good place because we had indie horror movies coming out in theaters like VHS, VHS 2 and you're next but that was like 8 years ago.

we still haven't had a new friday the 13th film in forever and i haven't known of any big franchise horror movie movie in theaters in the last 8 years except the newest halloween movie.

lukejbarnett

Re: where the f is the status of horror movies right now?

Why do we need another Friday the 13th film anyway? They made enough. There's nothing else to do with Jason.

They made enough. There's nothing else to do with Jason.

I agree!

you're wrong. if they can never stop making james bond movies then they can never stop making friday the 13th films.

lukejbarnett

Hungry gave Wrong Turn (2021) a 9/10.

Lmao 🙄

that movie is b movie garbage and is such a ripoff of midsommar that its' a joke. they had the community of people living in a country place who decided on who dies and the guy ends up joining this cult willingly after being in it for a while and the main actress even looks like the main actress in midsommar.

it's so formulaic and not original it's like every other crazed group of people terrorizing other people movie ever made in every way. so predictable and pretty much nothing interesting ever happens.

lukejbarnett

Things were looking up in the 2000s but the last decade or so has been pretty dismal. Indie films and foreign films seem to be the most promising. I've given up on Hollywood horror films for the most part.