Star Wars : Hayden Christensen back as Darth Vader in Obi Wan on Disney+

Hayden Christensen back as Darth Vader in Obi Wan on Disney+

https://www.theverge.com/2020/12/10/22168652/hayden-christensen-darth-vader-anakin-skywalker-ewan-mcgregor-obi-wan-kenobi-disney-plus
Hayden Christensen will reprise his role as Darth Vader in the Disney Plus series Obi-Wan Kenobi, Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy announced today.

Christensen will star opposite his former Star Wars prequel colleague Ewan McGregor, who’s reprising his role as the titular character. Obi-Wan Kenobi is set 10 years after the events of Star Wars: Episode III — Revenge of the Sith. Anakin Skywalker has become Darth Vader and Obi-Wan is still trying to recover from his greatest defeat.

“It was such an incredible journey playing Anakin Skywalker,” Christensen said in a press release. “Of course, Anakin and Obi-Wan weren’t on the greatest of terms when we last saw them… It will be interesting to see what an amazing director like Deborah Chow has in store for us all. I’m excited to work with Ewan again. It feels good to be back.”

Hayden and Ewan both reprising their roles for the new Obi-Wan Kenobi show.

Re: Hayden Christensen back as Darth Vader in Obi Wan on Disney+

But will he be capable of shooting with lightning? If so they better rate this one TV MA and play it on Showtime after 10pm:

I'm cumming.

Schrodinger's Cat walks into a bar, and doesn't. 😼

I don't know how they'll do them being in a scene together without having to chisel out some master/student subplot which ties into A New Hope

But hey, the sequel trilogy has already fubar'd it and so let's just have some nice clean fun

LOL. 🤡🌎

Disney doesn't seem to care if things make sense in Star Wars anymore. How do you think Boba Fett is alive? Watch them bring back Padme for this.

It'll either be flashback city (To things we haven't seen) or increasingly cringe scripting to force A New Hope into a different confrontation.

The only win that I can see here is the suggestion of more experienced Force users having less exciting sabre duels with each other.

Not much but would iron things out a little.

LOL. 🤡🌎

Amazing how people are excited about him returning when they’ve spent the last fifteen years shitting on his performance in in the prequel trilogy.

^^^^^^This. He wasn’t bad , the movies just sucked and he worked with what the director and writer gave him. He’s always been a good actor.

"You had me at Elk Tartare"
-Erin Wotherspoon

Well for the Revenge of the Sith ,it almost seems like he was told to act emotionally distant, that he was slowly losing his humanity before he was turned. But it seemed kind of wooden. I still don’t know how or why people bitch about the light saber fight between Obi and Anikan,which was way better then the original Star Wars fight .

this is why

His performance as Anakin was bad because the character was poorly written. As Darth Vader it will hopefully be less whiny. It will probably end up being worse than the prequels though since it's Disney.

I am not sure why but I have a very strong suspicion that Darth Vader will actually not be the Main Villain in this New Show.