Plays : Is anyone, here, into community/youth theater?

Is anyone, here, into community/youth theater?

It seems the musicians's quality determines the success of the delivery.

Chinese-Indonesian, Scandinavian, German, Dutch, French, English-Irish, Amish
5'2"-5'4"
Blog

Re: Is anyone, here, into community/youth theater?

Not me, but surely a musician's quality always determines the success of the delivery? If someone produces bum notes while performing, that's a negative. So I don't really know what you're saying here.

Bitch. Calm down.

👻HAPPY HALLOWEEN 🎃

It's a conversation. Don't shit yourself over it.

My point is just/primarily that musical theater has some really bumpity, uppity, extremely musical music.

My other point is that it overshadows amateur actors they are accompanying, in community/youth level theaters. I honestly don't know what it's like in an arts school, in particular for youth or college students, though, but I went to a good college for music and it was spectacular being in the band.

Ultimately, the quality of a musical is not dependent on amateur singers but on professional musicians accompanying them. The musicians just make the actors look good.

5'2"-5'4"
Blog

But the same can be said for any musical performance, surely. Everyone tries their best. I would say that if the focal point is vocals, that's the thing that gets the most attention other than the accompaniment. I think of it like a chain being as strong as its weakest link.

It seems vicious in Germany, as I've watched some of it online, like singing the Hallelujah chorus. So, orchestras in Germany feel they provide the professional singers with the actual musical work and meaning and that singers are not as good as instrumentalists. The professional classical singers in Germany are dependent upon the orchestras for their ultimate worth, so the orchestras there assert. So, you are correct.

I actually have sang, at least on my own and in choir, since age 5, and I feel the same way, that instrumentalists have better experiences … however, I feel I'm better than most people with my voice because most people don't get into it as young as me and go into classical music. I was a piano major for a year, too, my first year of college … and took private voice lessons there in college. I didn't really have to sweat it, at least for the start of that year. I was losing sleep later on more, due to schoolwork.

In turn, it seems that singers are last minute professionals, sad to say, and maybe don't really appreciate classical arts as much as me. Pop singers the same. They want to rap and sing pop.

Everyone should try their best, but, when I feel I am considered bad for whatever reason, I don't usually feel they are good themselves. Some things are just hard to appreciate and see in a certain way, too.

I do appreciate other true talents and dedication. Lots of people may have taken private voice, and I didn't until college.

5'2"-5'4"
Blog

I started singing at age 3. Not via schools but by being fascinated by my dad's records. I taught myself to play guitar for accompaniment and from then had bands, and eventually studied audio engineering. I never did a full musical production as that's not my thing, but with plenty experience in my own bands, and recording other artists, practice is key. So if one day you feel you weren't the strongest, keep at it and there's always tomorrow! And the same goes for the orchestra. Sometimes there's an off moment, but with practice and learning what you do and how it fits in with they do works to produce a unity, with the whole body if orchestra lifting you up.

That's so cool you liked that. Yea, I hope I "make it." I could be a singer; they have musical theater here. It's community theater where you get paid, some of it. I am even classically trained, in ballet. Most musicians seem to be classically trained, too, regardless of what they do with it now.

5'2"-5'4"
Blog

Go for it!

5'2"-5'4"
Blog

No, not really.

Schrodinger's Cat walks into a bar, and doesn't. 😼

Do you prefer classical music or visual art? or non-youth/community theater??

5'2"-5'4"
Blog

I like classical music and visual art. I'm not much into theater any more.

I'm not much into theater any more.

5'2"-5'4"
Blog

That's cool, you like the classical creative arts?

5'2"-5'4"
Blog

Yes.

I always wanted to be a traditional artist.

5'2"-5'4"
Blog