Economics, Business, Money, Finance : Tempted to do a really risky thing…:/

Tempted to do a really risky thing…:/

So, I electronically deposited my Stimulus Check in April and spent all that $1200. The Bank Account I electronically deposited the check into is now CLOSED. I found the PHYSICAL check a couple of days ago. I am seriously tempted to go to a Check Cashing Place and cash in the PHYSICAL check. Could I get away with at a check cashing place this since my Bank Account I deposited the check electronically is now CLOSED?

Re: Tempted to do a really risky thing…:/

Great post, Kentry!

Would you like to ACTUALLY give me advice?

Don't do it.

I'd imagine that the cheque has some sort of code on it for verification.

Once that money has been claimed that code would no longer be able to produce more money.

But by all means, give it a bash!

LOL. 🤡🌎

I wonder if the Check Cashing Place will see a "Check has already been deposited," message.

I'd imagine that the cheque has some sort of code on it for verification.

Yep. Pretty sure that’s how it works. They would charge you with fraud, and you might even see some jail time. <$10k and it’s likely just a short stint at the local constabulary’s facility. >$10k and they send you to a federal facility, of the pound you in the ass variety, as detailed in the movie Office Space :D

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.

Yes, you can do that. Go do it right now. And immediately report your findings back here in 3-5 years.

What happened to the American Dream? It came true! You're lookin' at it…