Economics, Business, Money, Finance : Prepaid Credit Cards, a question about them.

Prepaid Credit Cards, a question about them.

Have you ever bought one and couldn't use it right away? I have this problem right now: I tried to buy something on eBay with it, and it told me that my card number wasn't valid. 😕

I tried again a few more times, only to get the same result. Then I tried to used it on Amazon, same thing.

My parents gave it to me as a gift for my birthday. They bought it this morning they said. It kinda pisses me off because what I wanted to buy is a quite rare item, and I'm afraid it won't be available tomorrow morning.

So, bottom line, it is a normal occurence? Thank you.

"You're a disease, and I'm the cure!" - Marion "Cobra" Cobretti

Re: Prepaid Credit Cards, a question about them.

No one has an answer for that? Really?

It shouldn't take that long. Have you tried calling them?

I have never bought one.

LOL. 🤡🌎

I had a similar problem with an iTunes gift card a few years ago. It was a birthday gift but it wasn't activated by the checkout operator at the time of purchase, despite having a receipt neither the shop nor iTunes would refund or replace…and that is why I do not use Apple anymore!

I'm sure you've already looked it up but here's an article I found.
https://www.giftcards.com/gcgf/giftcards-not-working

“I didn't know you could read”

It was a birthday gift but it wasn't activated by the checkout operator at the time of purchase, despite having a receipt neither the shop nor iTunes would refund or replace…and that is why I do not use Apple anymore!

Jeez, this is technically a fraud. I understand that you didn't want to have anything to do with them after that. I don't deal with Apple anymore as well. It's an dishonest and scum company seriously.

Try to register it online first. If that doesn't work, call the 1-800 number on the back. Sometimes it just takes a while.

https://www.scribd.com/document/382737647/MortSahlFan-Song-List

Thank you all for the advices, I'm calling them right after this message.

Some websites won't let you use a prepaid card, because they want your regular card on file, so they can start billing you monthly.

If you notice, on most of these websites, you'll see an option to "[] Click here if you would like to try FREE Amazon Prime! After your free trial you will be billed monthly!"

In these cases, it's always up to the customer to cancel before the "free trial" ends; they never do it on their own. That's how they get their money since a small portion never call to cancel it, and if they do, they let the first charge go.

It's a standard business procedure to have a reliable card of yours on file in their database, while they won't necessarily charge you other than your purchase, they want that option open as a possibility.

Sorry to disappoint you but your parents never purchased the card, they stole it. Sure, those little pieces of plastic look easy to lift without notice, but they are completely useless until activated at the cash register. Unfortunately, your parents eyes are bigger than their brains.

Shame on them. They should be in jail.

What happened to the American Dream? It came true! You're lookin' at it…

Nice theory, but I used it this morning. So, your retarded bigotry is dismissed. 🙄

And…

but they are completely useless until activated at the cash register.

Really?? 😀 What a genius you are!!

Bigotry?

You are quite stupid. I'm going to guess you are from some third world country, likely Canada.

What happened to the American Dream? It came true! You're lookin' at it…